+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Oh wow so you don’t have long either lol. I know exactly how you feel. My mood changes with the wind. Once minute chilled and excited, the next OMG we have soooooo much to do. Haha. Just pleased the legal stuff is all done now. Although portal still not updated. Will do a webform tomorrow if not sorted by then. I’ve heard it can cause issues at the other end.
Oh that's strange that the portal hasn't been updated yet. But at least you have your COPR so you know that the decision is positive ;)

Reactions: wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Oh that's strange that the portal hasn't been updated yet. But at least you have your COPR so you know that the decision is positive ;)
Yeah that’s true. It’s got the better of me and I’ve sent in a webform now. Probably someone needs to push the last few buttons.

Reactions: AndyUK

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
Thank you. I can chill and enjoy the weekend now. Just waiting for the profile to catch up. Lol
Have you received all of your documents now? Bet you're relieved if so!

Thanks for all the info before. They've emailed me today saying they've received my documents and asking me to make payment, as well as scans of the biometrics sticker. Although as I gave mine over 2 years ago the number is now illegible on mine so I will have to pay the additional admin fee... :rolleyes:

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Have you received all of your documents now? Bet you're relieved if so!

Thanks for all the info before. They've emailed me today saying they've received my documents and asking me to make payment, as well as scans of the biometrics sticker. Although as I gave mine over 2 years ago the number is now illegible on mine so I will have to pay the additional admin fee... :rolleyes:
Yes, all COPRs have been received now so that’s really good news. Just waiting still for my profile to catch up to said good news lol.

that’s great they have your docs. So you can rest a little easy. That’s a shame you will have to pay as your bios are older than 2 years. Just think though, last push now and you will be out the other side. It won’t be long now.

Reactions: oppositeofaproblem

cutebear

Mar 7, 2023
I am so worried right now. I presently live in England (not a citizen). I received my PPR on March 1st and sent my Passport and other documents to VFS London yesterday, March 6th. I was told it would get to the London office today, March 7th. However, I was unaware of the extremely long wait time to receive the COPR stamp on my passport until last night when I came across this forum:( I have a business trip to Europe on April 10th, and I can't afford to miss this trip. I think it's so unfair to hold on to someone's passport for several weeks. The U.S returns passports after 3 days. I would've sent my passport to another European country if I had known about this delay. Hearing about the wait times is causing me so much panic. Is it true that only visa-exempt people usually get their passports early? How soon can I raise a web form? If I tell IRCC about my upcoming Business trip, will this help?

Last edited:

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I am so worried right now. I presently live in England (not a citizen). I received my PPR on March 1st and sent my Passport and other documents to VFS London yesterday, March 6th. I was told it would get to the London office today, March 7th. However, I was unaware of the extremely long wait time to receive the COPR stamp on my passport until last night when I came across this forum:( I have a business trip to Europe on April 10th, and I can't afford to miss this trip. I think it's so unfair to hold on to someone's passport for several weeks. The U.S returns passports after 3 days. I would've sent my passport to another European country if I had known about this delay. Hearing about the wait times is causing me so much panic. Is it true that only visa-exempt people usually get their passports early? How soon can I raise a web form? If I tell IRCC about my upcoming Business trip, will this help?
You said that you're not a British citizen but are you from another country that is visa exempt? I'm assuming you're not because if you are, you only submit a copy of your passport.

I'm not sure what's the most recent processing estimate. Not sure if you read it but in the PPR email it says that 'you should expect to be without your passport for four weeks' and you can raise a webform if it's been longer than that.

Go through posts on this forum - I remember someone being in a similar situation and they emailed to request return of their passport. Apparently they got a reply and their passport petty quickly.

cutebear

Mar 7, 2023
You said that you're not a British citizen but are you from another country that is visa exempt? I'm assuming you're not because if you are, you only submit a copy of your passport.

I'm not sure what's the most recent processing estimate. Not sure if you read it but in the PPR email it says that 'you should expect to be without your passport for four weeks' and you can raise a webform if it's been longer than that.

Go through posts on this forum - I remember someone being in a similar situation and they emailed to request return of their passport. Apparently they got a reply and their passport petty quickly.
I'm not from a visa-exempt country.

In my PPR letter, they only mentioned that I needed to submit my passport within 30 days. I just checked again and there's nothing about my passport being held for four weeks.

I'll try to stay hopeful and if I don't hear anything by the end of this month, I will send them an email.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I'm not from a visa-exempt country.

In my PPR letter, they only mentioned that I needed to submit my passport within 30 days. I just checked again and there's nothing about my passport being held for four weeks.

I'll try to stay hopeful and if I don't hear anything by the end of this month, I will send them an email.
That's strange... I guess there are different PPR letter formats, although that's a bit weird.

Good luck! Hope it all works out ok for you.

cutebear

Mar 7, 2023
Thank you very much. Also, DHL says that my passport was delivered to VFS Canada on March 7th, but I haven't gotten an email acknowledging they have received it. Is this normal?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thank you very much. Also, DHL says that my passport was delivered to VFS Canada on March 7th, but I haven't gotten an email acknowledging they have received it. Is this normal?
I delivered my documents to VFS in person to avoid any delays with postage etc. and to make sure they have and can start processing it, so the process was a bit different.
That being said, my guess is that they haven't started the process yet as I kept getting automated emails starting from the day I delivered the documents.
The first automated email was to confirm that my documents were dispatched from VFS to IRCC.
If you haven't received it yet, then I would assume that the documents are still waiting at VFS.

cutebear

Mar 7, 2023
I delivered my documents to VFS in person to avoid any delays with postage etc. and to make sure they have and can start processing it, so the process was a bit different.
That being said, my guess is that they haven't started the process yet as I kept getting automated emails starting from the day I delivered the documents.
The first automated email was to confirm that my documents were dispatched from VFS to IRCC.
If you haven't received it yet, then I would assume that the documents are still waiting at VFS.
I stay in the North so I couldn't go to London for submission. I'll send VFS an email to find out what is causing this delay.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks, @AndyUK I received my passport today with the COPR! It was so quick! I sent it via DHL on March 6th and received it today, March 15th!!!
Oh wow, that's amazing! Congrats!
Did you get automated update emails from VFS while you were waiting? Or complete silence?

cutebear

Mar 7, 2023
It was complete silence until the day before when I received a text from DHL saying that I had a VFS package which would be delivered the next day.

Oh wow, that's amazing! Congrats!
Did you get automated update emails from VFS while you were waiting? Or complete silence?