08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Hey guys,

Is there a dress code for test/interview? Should we dress up? Also, do we need to take photographs?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hey guys,

Is there a dress code for test/interview? Should we dress up? Also, do we need to take photographs?
I think it would be best to treat it like a job interview and dress up. You don't need to take photographs with you.

Reactions: Han

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Hi guys! So I finally had my interview a week ago! Either the fact that we called our MP, or just my turn finally came, however after about 2-3 weeks from the MP's call, they finally sent me an exam invitation.
Now waiting for the Oath ceremony, which I hope won't be any later than October, since I really hope to vote this year!

Sent: July 18, 2018.
AOR: September 11, 2018.
IP: October 9, 2018.
Fingerprints requested: November 19, 2018.
Test invite: August, 16, 2019
Test: September 5, 2019

To be continued...

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Hey guys,

There is no official dress-code, but I think as a common sense, you have to wear decent clothes (No need to wear a tuxedo, but jeans & shirt would be fine!). I was unpleasantly surprised to see some people wearing sweatpants and flip flops like they're going to Walmart or even better, going to bed lol. I imagine if it was warmer, people would've showed up in shorts and tank tops.
Obviously, you won't be asked to leave even if you look like you're going to the beach, but I think a better choice of clothes would show your respect to the officiality of the event and the immigration officers :)

Last edited:

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Hi guys! So I finally had my interview a week ago! Either the fact that we called our MP, or just my turn finally came, however after about 2-3 weeks from the MP's call, they finally sent me an exam invitation.
Now waiting for the Oath ceremony, which I hope won't be any later than October, since I really hope to vote this year!

Sent: July 18, 2018.
AOR: September 11, 2018.
IP: October 9, 2018.
Fingerprints requested: November 19, 2018.
Test invite: August, 16, 2019
Test: September 5, 2019

To be continued...
There is no official dress-code, but I think as a common sense, you have to wear decent clothes (No need to wear a tuxedo, but jeans & shirt would be fine!). I was pleasantly surprised to see some people wearing sweatpants and flip flops like they're going to Walmart or even better, going to bed lol. I imagine if it was warmer, people would've showed up in shorts and tank tops.
Obviously, you won't be asked to leave even if you look like you're going to the beach, but I think a better choice of clothes would show your respect to the officiality of the event and the immigration officers :)
Thanks for the info and congrats on passing the test/interview!

How was the test in general? Easy? Difficult? Are we supposed to remember all the dates (as I see there are quite a few in the study guide!)

Did the interviewer give you any idea on when your oath will hopefully be?

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Thanks for the info and congrats on passing the test/interview!

How was the test in general? Easy? Difficult? Are we supposed to remember all the dates (as I see there are quite a few in the study guide!)

Did the interviewer give you any idea on when your oath will hopefully be?
Thank you! The test was relatively easy, unfortunately I'm not able to tell any more info :)
If you read the book 3 times minimum and practice tests online, you will be fine, guaranteed. The most important dates definitely have to be memorized.

As for the Oath, the officer didn't have any idea really... She told me to check my e-mail and regular mail, and if I get scheduled at the Library downtown, it will be on 10.10 (I guess the big ceremony), but it's not guaranteed. Can be later than that. So I just have to wait, patiently wait. After waiting for 15 months, I almost got used to waiting :)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Thank you! The test was relatively easy, unfortunately I'm not able to tell any more info :)
If you read the book 3 times minimum and practice tests online, you will be fine, guaranteed. The most important dates definitely have to be memorized.

As for the Oath, the officer didn't have any idea really... She told me to check my e-mail and regular mail, and if I get scheduled at the Library downtown, it will be on 10.10 (I guess the big ceremony), but it's not guaranteed. Can be later than that. So I just have to wait, patiently wait. After waiting for 15 months, I almost got used to waiting :)
Thanks for the info.

The trend so far has been that within two weeks of taking the test you will receive a two week notice for the oath invitation. So it is highly likely that you will have your exam on October 10th! I did not know that there is going to be a big ceremony, though!

Keep us updated. :)

Reactions: arielajv

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
I aced it today guys with perfect mark 20/20 ;)
Congraaaats!

Would you give us more information? How many people were taking the test. What documents did the officer ask to see?

Reactions: Hattoba

edk

Jun 21, 2019
Congraaaats!

Would you give us more information? How many people were taking the test. What documents did the officer ask to see?
I was there today too, got 20/20 and was the first to leave the test haha.
The officer had the citizenship application printed (at least some), because I saw the photocopy of my English test certificate. They didn't ask to see a language certificate, but it seemed like she was asking me questions (why did you move around, etc) to test my English.
She looked at dates on the stamps to prove entry/exit, it was really quick, I doubt they would care about translations of those.
Do not provide or show what is not asked, keep in a folder.
About 20-25 people were taking the test, and I thought it was gonna be on a computer, but it was on paper (multiple choice, still), using a pencil.
Nothing to worry about with regards to dress code, just clean and tidy.
She said the ceremony might happen at the end of September, otherwise October 4th, and that I could vote by calling the Elections office :)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
I was there today too, got 20/20 and was the first to leave the test haha.
The officer had the citizenship application printed (at least some), because I saw the photocopy of my English test certificate. They didn't ask to see a language certificate, but it seemed like she was asking me questions (why did you move around, etc) to test my English.
She looked at dates on the stamps to prove entry/exit, it was really quick, I doubt they would care about translations of those.
Do not provide or show what is not asked, keep in a folder.
About 20-25 people were taking the test, and I thought it was gonna be on a computer, but it was on paper (multiple choice, still), using a pencil.
Nothing to worry about with regards to dress code, just clean and tidy.
She said the ceremony might happen at the end of September, otherwise October 4th, and that I could vote by calling the Elections office :)
Thanks for sharing the information and Congratulations!! Sounds like London is dealing with all the top students. LOL.

I am thinking that your oath will be scheduled for Sept. 23rd. Keep us posted though.

Last edited:

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
Congraaaats!

Thanks a lot ,around 25 to 30 people were in the test,the officer she just checked my passport and asked me to sign the papers that they sent with the test invitation,and I've got the (Decision made ) next day.

Last edited:

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
I am thinking that if you guys were to be invited to the September 23rd ceremony, you would have received the invitation by now!
To me it means that you will be invited to the big ceremony (Oct. 10th).

Reactions: Hattoba

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am thinking that if you guys were to be invited to the September 23rd ceremony, you would have received the invitation by now!
To me it means that you will be invited to the big ceremony (Oct. 10th).
Why do they have big ceremony on 10th?