Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Hi guys! I've just joined your lovely forum since I have certain concerns about my application.
Here's my info:

Sent: July 18, 2018.
AOR: September 11, 2018.
IP: October 9, 2018.
Fingerprints requested: November 19, 2018.

Nothing since. When should I expect my test? In July or September?
This situation started to bother me a lot, since it's the end of May already and I haven't heard anything from them.
Also, I've no idea why they asked for my fingerprints... I have absolutely no criminal record... But I suppose travelling for prolonged periods of time could've affected it.

I just have no idea why they're processing it for such a long time...

Reactions: Han

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys! I've just joined your lovely forum since I have certain concerns about my application.
Here's my info:

This situation started to bother me a lot, since it's the end of May already and I haven't heard anything from them.
Also, I've no idea why they asked for my fingerprints... I have absolutely no criminal record... But I suppose travelling for prolonged periods of time could've affected it.

Don't worry. It's normal. Right now June applicants are in line for test invites. You can expect your test invite in the 12th month since your application which will be in July. Since you got FP request, your application will be considered non-routine. Which means there is a huge chance your application may not be completed within 12 months (which is the case anyways for London applicants). So just relax, it may be a while before you hear anything. I am a September applicant and I don't think I will hear before that.

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Don't worry. It's normal. Right now June applicants are in line for test invites. You can expect your test invite in the 12th month since your application which will be in July. Since you got FP request, your application will be considered non-routine. Which means there is a huge chance your application may not be completed within 12 months (which is the case anyways for London applicants). So just relax, it may be a while before you hear anything. I am a September applicant and I don't think I will hear before that.
Thank you for your response!

So roughly, your predicament is that for me it's all gonna be done in November tops? I was hoping to get my passport before the Federal election but I guess, I won't be able to.
Ridiculously long process...

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thank you for your response!

So roughly, your predicament is that for me it's all gonna be done in November tops? I was hoping to get my passport before the Federal election but I guess, I won't be able to.
Ridiculously long process...
I would say just wait for the test. You may get the test invite in July for August and then oath invite after around 2 weeks of the test which will be around one month from the invite. So you can expect oath in September if test invite is extended in July.

It is a long process but it is what it is. They literally deal with more than 100,000 applications each year. So I wouldn't blame them for taking this long.

arielajv

May 22, 2019
I would say just wait for the test. You may get the test invite in July for August and then oath invite after around 2 weeks of the test which will be around one month from the invite. So you can expect oath in September if test invite is extended in July.

It is a long process but it is what it is. They literally deal with more than 100,000 applications each year. So I wouldn't blame them for taking this long.
Definitely. Patience, patience, patience.
I've just started to worry if anything was wrong with my application, so it's nice to know that it's still within the norm.

Thanks once again!

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Here's my info:

I sent my application on August 20th and it turned into In Process on November 20th. No news so far. It usually takes around 14 months from the date you send it to oath ceremony.

Please go to July 2018 thread and ask admin to add your name to the spreadsheet. Also kindly keep us posted if you hear anything regarding your application.

Good luck.

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application on August 20th and it turned into In Process on November 20th. No news so far. It usually takes around 14 months from the date you send it to oath ceremony.

Please go to July 2018 thread and ask admin to add your name to the spreadsheet. Also kindly keep us posted if you hear anything regarding your application.

Good luck.
Based on the current trend, 12 to 15 month is average processing time from application sent to the Oath in London office. Due to summer vacation and slackness in summer, i would assume the processing is less likely to get better if not worse.

RevKrish1

May 13, 2019
Hi everyone

Today I passed the test 20/20.

I would say even if you practice online stop it one week before the test and only study the discover Canada study guide. The test isn't anything confusing or tricky like most of the online test out there.
Very straightforward and easy questions.

The interview went pretty good and she asked about me and my family while she was checking my passport and IDs and it was just 5 minutes for me and another girl. For most of the people it's 10-15 minutes.
She said the oath will be in August approximately.
My status still in process

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone

Today I passed the test 20/20.

I would say even if you practice online stop it one week before the test and only study the discover Canada study guide. The test isn't anything confusing or tricky like most of the online test out there.
Very straightforward and easy questions.

The interview went pretty good and she asked about me and my family while she was checking my passport and IDs and it was just 5 minutes for me and another girl. For most of the people it's 10-15 minutes.
She said the oath will be in August approximately.
My status still in process
Congratulations! Thanks for the update :) Hope you get oath invitation soon.

Reactions: RevKrish1