+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London High Commission Study Permit

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
We were approved yesterday. I advise you contact your local mp (uk) I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but I did on the 22nd July. Hope everyone gets theirs soon!

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
We were approved yesterday. I advise you contact your local mp (uk) I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but I did on the 22nd July. Hope everyone gets theirs soon!
Wow congrats!! Enjoy all the excitement and Canada :)
I might try get in touch with an MP close by then, I spoke to one in Canada where I am planning to study but because mine is stuck on additional checks they said there was nothing they could do to speed it up.
You have give me hope though being approved with children as I keep feeling it will go against me.
Best of luck in the future.

Reactions: Nicoleef

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Yay congrats I’m very happy for you! ☺ I know this might sound like a dumb question but what did you say to your local MP? And what did they say to you?

Reactions: samn09

madihakhan

Jul 20, 2019
Congratulations. That's good news. What did your MP do, did he write a letter for you to send to London visa office?

Reactions: Nicoleef

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
Hi, I just emailed her to explain the urgency of the situation and that processing times have passed what is stated on their website. I told her my application number, name and address and stated that the high commision of canada in london is dealing with my file. It might just be coincidence but it seemed to create some awareness

madihakhan

Jul 20, 2019
Hi, I just emailed her to explain the urgency of the situation and that processing times have passed what is stated on their website. I told her my application number, name and address and stated that the high commision of canada in london is dealing with my file. It might just be coincidence but it seemed to create some awareness
Hi,
Thanks for the response. Did she let you know what she did to deal with your query?

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for the response. Did she let you know what she did to deal with your query?
They sent a letter to say that she has dealt with them directly and that they are awaiting a response. Nothing else, Then followed the approval..

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
They sent a letter to say that she has dealt with them directly and that they are awaiting a response. Nothing else, Then followed the approval..
Thank you for getting back to us, we are going to contact our local MP and hope that it may help us because we’ve been waiting since February and is very frustrating at this point :(

Reactions: SamC10

madihakhan

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,
How’s everyone? Hope there have been some approvals. I have contacted my MP here in London who contacted London Office on my behalf but I haven’t received any updates from him. However my sister in Canada contacted her MP there and she was able to find out that my application is under review now. She doesn’t seem to know how long it can take for a decision to come. She has been very helpful. I believe IRCC did nothing on my case until she contacted them. I hope Things get sorted out fast otherwise I have to defer another time.

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,
How’s everyone? Hope there have been some approvals. I have contacted my MP here in London who contacted London Office on my behalf but I haven’t received any updates from him. However my sister in Canada contacted her MP there and she was able to find out that my application is under review now. She doesn’t seem to know how long it can take for a decision to come. She has been very helpful. I believe IRCC did nothing on my case until she contacted them. I hope Things get sorted out fast otherwise I have to defer another time.
I am still waiting...I emailed my local MP recently who emailed London but they haven't given me an update as promised. They have stopped any contact with ne since May. He has emailed them again though to chase it up. Mine has been under review since May 22nd.
I know there have been some approvals though :) So fingers crossed ours soon xx

madihakhan

Jul 20, 2019
I am still waiting...I emailed my local MP recently who emailed London but they haven't given me an update as promised. They have stopped any contact with ne since May. He has emailed them again though to chase it up. Mine has been under review since May 22nd.
I know there have been some approvals though :) So fingers crossed ours soon xx
Do you have any idea what they actually mean by application under review? Has it processed already and now is being reviewed for final decision, this is what is

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Do you have any idea what they actually mean by application under review? Has it processed already and now is being reviewed for final decision, this is what is
I'm not sure because mine also says background check being processed. I don't know how much you can go by the status in the account though because from reading the forums I know some peoples never update until they get a decision.
Eligibility review is meant to be just to check if you meet the requirements for the visa so I thought that would be a quickish thing but not in my case x

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Hi,
Hey!

Don’t worry hopefully you’ll get yours soon me and my partner had been waiting since Feb 5th and we got approved on Tuesday this week! we emailed our MP like 2 weeks ago and they emailed the London High Commissioners office for us. We got no email back from immigration but alas we were approved! Don’t loose hope ☺

Reactions: SamC10

madihakhan

Jul 20, 2019
Hey!

Don’t worry hopefully you’ll get yours soon me and my partner had been waiting since Feb 5th and we got approved on Tuesday this week! we emailed our MP like 2 weeks ago and they emailed the London High Commissioners office for us. We got no email back from immigration but alas we were approved! Don’t loose hope ☺
Congrats at least some good news, hopefully we see ours soon as well.