+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London CIC have lost my dependant son's police certificate.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Greetings.

I applied for spousal inland processing in February 2005, my son is an accompanying dependant but resides in the UK. He submitted his Medical results and police certificate in June 2007 to the London Office at their request. We were told that it would be a matter of a month or two until our application was completed.

I have been contacting Immigration Canada every month for the last 15 months and the most recent call resulted in being told again that London has still not finalised my son's application. They told me that they didn't think it would be long until it was finalised, but until London had closed the file they could not render a decision. My application process was finalised in December, they are just waiting for the London office to finish processing my son. They advised me to contact the Immigration Minister as in their opinion this had dragged on for far too long considering it is an uncomplicated application - we are both English and I have been married and residing in Canada for 5 years. I sent a letter to the Minister 2 weeks ago but have not received any response.

On Saturday my son received a letter from the London CIC informing him that they have lost his Police Clearance Certificate and that he will have to apply for a new one. They also informed him that as his Medical had expired they required him to have this redone too. They then went on to inform him that they required him to fill in the Application for Permanant Resident forms again in order to "keep their files up-to-date". The incompetance of this office is beyond belief.

Our frustration is mounting daily, according to London CIC the majority of cases are finalised within 13 months of approval - ours, so far, has taken 3 years. We were informed again in March 2008 that everything should be approved within weeks so my son quit his job in England in anticipation of coming here.. and yet again there is a delay. London CIC have stated it will be a minimum of 6 months before a decision is made and the file closed.

My question is this. Can I have his file transferred to Canada - Vegreville CIC are much faster than London in processing - without having to start all over again?

Edit: I have just received a response from the Ministers Office informing me that London CIC require my son to get a Police Certificate (no mention of them having lost it) and that once they have received that and his medical results and his application forms then they will be in a position to review it "within 2-3 months" and notify Vegreville, after which time they will wait until they are notified that I have landed, and will then request his passport in order to give him his visa - providing that all requirements for immigrant status are met. Is this normal?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
No, you can't have his file transferred to Vegreville; sorry. First of all, your son would have to be in Canada, and secondly, you'd have to start all over again. As far as the additional info you've just received from the Ministre's office: I don't really know how the process goes when an inland applicant has accompanying family members outside of Canada as far as the part about "when they've been notified you landed they will request his passport", but the rest of it sounds "normal". There's really nothing you can do except get that new police clearance and medical, and submit them with the Application forms ASAP, and try to bring this nightmare to an end. I'm sorry you've been through this.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
This is interesting...is there no recourse for people dealing with Immigration Canada? Is there not an Ombudsman? It seems that people's rights are forfeited simply because they want to immigrate or sponsor someone to come to Canada. Locally hired staff working at Canadian Embassies around the world often cannot speak english well enough to help answer questions. There is no system of checks and balances to prove that documents have been given so when they are lost the applicant has to pay more money and wait more time. There is no system to ensure money is not changing hands between applicants and locally hired staff. In addition, applicants and their families are intimidated to say anything or complain because it might negatively affect their applications. I find this totally unjust and undemocratic but unfortunately most Canadians are not interested in this injustice because it doesn't affect them personally. Meanwhile, I believe the Canadian government should be attempting to create a fairer system. VOTE who????????????

katieduncan

Sep 17, 2008
Hi Siouxie!!

I've just read your posting and am in complete shock!! That is unbelievable that a government can be so incompetent. It's like they can't seem to think outside of the box!!

I don't have any advice to give you, but just wanted to let you know that I hope everything works out for you and your family and very quickly as well!!

My husband and I are in the process of waiting for his papers and we've had two setbacks, due to the London CIC asking for more information about him, even though those documents weren't required when we first sent in all the paperwork. I think they like being in control of so many people's lives.

Hope all goes well-good luck!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Thanks for the support guys, appreciated.

I suppose all we can do is play the waiting game and see what happens.

I will update when or if I get any news :)