+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOI / POE Letter - SW-1 approved but the letter says work permit only.

mkelleci

Mar 24, 2018
Istanbul
Hello guys,

I got SW-1 (because I got co-op in my study) and my wife got W-1 visa. My LOI/LOE letter starts with your application to study.... but on the next page (for officer use) it says type: Work Permit / Permis PT. There is nothing related to study permit. Do you thinks there is problem with the letter?

Thanks

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I got SW-1 (because I got co-op in my study) and my wife got W-1 visa. My LOI/LOE letter starts with your application to study.... but on the next page (for officer use) it says type: Work Permit / Permis PT. There is nothing related to study permit. Do you thinks there is problem with the letter?

Thanks
No, a co-op permit is a type of work permit given to students.

mkelleci

Mar 24, 2018
Istanbul
Thanks for the response. But the letter of my wife is the same. Type: Work Permit / Permis PT. I am confused. If "Work permit / Permis PT" is for co-op, I think my wife you have received something else, don't you think?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for the response. But the letter of my wife is the same. Type: Work Permit / Permis PT. I am confused. If "Work permit / Permis PT" is for co-op, I think my wife you have received something else, don't you think?
No, you are really getting confused. W-1 denotes that the permit holder can work. SW-1 states that permit holder is a student and he has authorization to work. Both your permits are work permits, only your allows you to study, and work during your co-op.

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
Hello guys,

Thanks
I got the same LOE saying WP although I applied for a study permit. Did you any problems in getting your hard copy of Study permit at the airport?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I got the same LOE saying WP although I applied for a study permit. Did you any problems in getting your hard copy of Study permit at the airport?
You are getting WP because you have a Co-Op work permit which is a work permit, hence WP. No need to take tension, you will get study permit.

Richy2

Star Member
May 13, 2019
You are getting WP because you have a Co-Op work permit which is a work permit, hence WP. No need to take tension, you will get study permit.
So, with the SW-1, are you allowed to work more than that stipulated 20hr/WK given to those with only study permit?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So, with the SW-1, are you allowed to work more than that stipulated 20hr/WK given to those with only study permit?
No, with co-op work permit you can work a co-op job. This will have to be arranged via your college. Your college will specify when you can do this co-op job. This co-op job will be part of your education.

SaraYS

Jul 5, 2023
Hello guys,

Thanks
Please, have your wife got her STUDY permit at the airport?? Kindly reply