+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO timeline

mebacani

Jun 15, 2009
Hi,
* I have a WORKING VISA ISSUED LAST Feb.2009 -2011.
* LMO EXPIRED 2009-08-09*
* Problem is, I'm still here from the country of Origin & not sure If my employer would still back me up to go to CANADA (business is slow)

QUESTION:
1. Until when can I use the VISA ('coz some inform me that I must leave the country on or before 6 months from the date issued).
2. Does my employer must re-apply for a new LMO?
3. Can I use my WORKING VISA as for my entry to CANADA and then look for a new job instead?
Hope you can help me, 'coz I already spend time & money for the application/processing.

Thanks... mercy

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mebacani said:
Hi,
* I have a WORKING VISA ISSUED LAST Feb.2009 -2011.
* LMO EXPIRED 2009-08-09*
* Problem is, I'm still here from the country of Origin & not sure If my employer would still back me up to go to CANADA (business is slow)

QUESTION:
1. Until when can I use the VISA ('coz some inform me that I must leave the country on or before 6 months from the date issued).
2. Does my employer must re-apply for a new LMO? Yes
3. Can I use my WORKING VISA as for my entry to CANADA and then look for a new job instead?
Hope you can help me, 'coz I already spend time & money for the application/processing. :'(

Thanks... mercy
You can't enter Canada with expired LMO. Your employer must apply for a new LMO in your favor or you can look for another employer who must apply for a Labor Market Opinion. Best of luck on your new processing.

k3v1n

May 15, 2009
Hi.... i thought my employer applied my lmo last january but they did not... but last july a received an email from them that they will apply my LMO and wait for 11 weeks. and what i got today from my email is the positive LMO it took 8 weeks.. also with the email is my job description and contract...... next process is my ainp.....

thanks GOD!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
k3v1n said:
Hi.... i thought my employer applied my lmo last january but they did not... but last july a received an email from them that they will apply my LMO and wait for 11 weeks. and what i got today from my email is the positive LMO it took 8 weeks.. also with the email is my job description and contract...... next process is my ainp.....

thanks GOD!
Congrats K3v1n. All the best in the processing of your ainp.

k3v1n

May 15, 2009
please help me.... the LMO has an expiration date until feb..... do i have to apply for work permit first or the ainp..

thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
k3v1n said:
please help me.... the LMO has an expiration date until feb..... do i have to apply for work permit first or the ainp..

thanks...
I didn't quite get this- are you working in Alberta currently? are you being recruited under one of the skilled workers category? or are you applying as a TFW? LMOs currently are 6 month duration.

estong

Oct 27, 2008
presently here in the us.. my job falls under skilled category... my employer told me to apply for work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
estong said:
presently here in the us.. my job falls under skilled category... my employer told me to apply for work permit.
Hi Estong,

As TFW: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

As immigrant: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

If you are H1B holder you can apply thru the AINP: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html

k3v1n

May 15, 2009
job_seeker said:
k3v1n said:

thanks...
I didn't quite get this- are you working in Alberta currently? are you being recruited under one of the skilled workers category? or are you applying as a TFW? LMOs currently are 6 month duration.
hi, when i got my LMO yesterday i found out that there is an experation on it which February.... my employer advised me to apply for work permit... do you think it is possible for me to apply for ainp then or do i need to talk to my employer about this....
thank you for you input...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
k3v1n said:
hi, when i got my LMO yesterday i found out that there is an experation on it which February.... my employer advised me to apply for work permit... do you think it is possible for me to apply for ainp then or do i need to talk to my employer about this....
thank you for you input...
Depends on whether you qualify for the AINP.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html

What type of job is your LMO approved for? All LMOs (I think) have 6 months duration now starting May of this year. Even those previously granted before May 2009 (which were 2 years) were given deadline of Nov. 2009.

k3v1n

May 15, 2009
@job_seeker.. my job is under NOC B.... do you think it is okay if i apply my wp and ainp now.. or get my wp now and go to canada then apply for my ainp...

thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
k3v1n said:
@ job_seeker.. my job is under NOC B.... do you think it is okay if i apply my wp and ainp now.. or get my wp now and go to canada then apply for my ainp...

thanks
I am not quite sure which would be the more advantageous. How long is the processing of work permit where you are at?

AINP states that you should have a permanent job offer ... Have you read the link about skilled workers for AINP?

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html

Here's the link for the general guidelines for the Provincial Nominee Program:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

Maybe you can apply for the Work Permit now and then apply for the AINP once in Canada. Gather all the necessary documents before you send them. All the best on your application.

redblacks80

Sep 26, 2009
Hi Guys , I here under work holiday visa , I have a job under level c ( i think is very low) ... and my employer sent a LMO 3 days ago... my WH visa will expires in DEcember 31st... I don't really know if I will receive a Positive opinion..what do you think about it?
If I don't receive an answer by december 31st I can still work for my employer until I'll get an answer... it is correct? because this is what the immigration officer said when I called them.