+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO timeline

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mebacani said:
Hi,
* I have a WORKING VISA ISSUED LAST Feb.2009 -2011.
* LMO EXPIRED 2009-08-09*
* Problem is, I'm still here from the country of Origin & not sure If my employer would still back me up to go to CANADA (business is slow)

QUESTION:
1. Until when can I use the VISA ('coz some inform me that I must leave the country on or before 6 months from the date issued).
2. Does my employer must re-apply for a new LMO?
3. Can I use my WORKING VISA as for my entry to CANADA and then look for a new job instead?
Hope you can help me, 'coz I already spend time & money for the application/processing.

Thanks... mercy
Hi,

Just browsing through previous posts and I saw this. Am just wondering if you have left for Canada already. I was just reading about WP applications and LMO and it seems that the expiration is for the LMO to reach CIC, of course with the WP application, on or before the LMO expiry date. So if you have a valid contract and your work visa (TRV) to show at the POE, then you can still leave for Canada and obtain your work permit. Are you by any chance in Canada now?

toramaru

Aug 15, 2009
Hi redblacks80,

If you live in BC, you might not receive a positive LMO because of your job category.
Current LMO time line in BC is 4-6 weeks so you will know the result before your visa expires.
However if you don't get the result by the end of December, you need to to apply for the work permit before your visa expires, then your status will be implied status (you can work legally until you will get an answer from Service Canada).

toramaru

Aug 15, 2009
Here is my timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied: Vancouver, BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: October 1, 2009
3) Date when they recieved the application: October 2, 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NONE
5) Date when decision made or recieved? October 13, 2009
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
toramaru said:
Here is my timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied: Vancouver, BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: October 1, 2009
3) Date when they recieved the application: October 2, 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NONE
5) Date when decision made or recieved? October 13, 2009
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside
Hi,

Did you get the positive LMO in 2 weeks? For what position is it? Thanks.

toramaru

Aug 15, 2009
Yes, I got the positive LMO in 12 days. I know my process was very fast. I guess because I applied regular work permit after my postgraduate work permit (the employers don't have to show recruitment effort).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
toramaru said:
Yes, I got the positive LMO in 12 days. I know my process was very fast. I guess because I applied regular work permit after my postgraduate work permit (the employers don't have to show recruitment effort).
Oh that was why it was so fast! Thanks.

timko

Oct 26, 2009
Hello!
I got a job offer in Calgary, Alberta
Date when application was POSTED: Jully 13, 2009
Does anyone have average LMO wait time in Alberta?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Provincial office where applied: Vegreville, AB
2) Date when application was POSTED: Nov 17, 2009
3) Date when they recieved the application: Nov 16, 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Yes!
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Nov 24, 2009

(My case is fast.)

Since I got some help from PMM and Leon, I am here to share my special experience to honor them. (Do not know whether this is right word or not...anyway!)

My work permit expired on Oct 23rd. We did apply the new work permit on August 11st, 2009.
However, we did not have the new LMO...
On August 23rd, we applied my PR through AINP. In Sep., AINP mailed my company for the new LMO and work permit.
Then, we realized we need the new LMO... Then, we applied the LMO on Oct. 1. My LMO was refused on Oct. 28th..since we did not advertise the job.
My company advertised my job on jobbank.com from Oct 28 to Nov 16. My company got 40 resumes...(My God)
(The work permit mailed on August 11st was refused on Nov.3rd because of invalid LMO. Everyone knows this... :()

We did the LMO online application on Nov. 16th. My company was doing the pre-screening for the resume, so we faxed the documents on Nov. 17th to complete the application. My company tried to call them to talk to them. However, none of them are available to talk with us....Or they called back when my boss was not in the office...

Finally, my boss faxed them a letter to ask for the help. If they do not give me the LMO, I will leave this country...
They called my boss back last Friday. I do not know what they talked.
Then, they called my boss today (Tuesday) for the positive LMO.
Anyway...to fax them a letter is useful if your case is urgent.

We will mail the documents for the work permit tomorrow.
Two weeks ago, we went to MP office for my case. MP office said they will help us for the work permit when we mail out the application with valid LMO.
I will be in MP office on Thursday for my work permit. I do not know how much they can help, but it will be much better than nothing.

SO...MP office can help too if your case is urgent.....

For the LMO, I do not know whether it can make any difference or not.
I have PhD degree and know how to run a monitor that others do not know.
However, the first LMO also took me 8 weeks and the refused LMO also took 4 weeks.
(I think PhD degree is not really important.)

So.....Asking your boss to fax them will be much useful....I think.

Laguna

Feb 12, 2011
Hi~! :)

How many hours does the full time job has to be for the LMO letter application?

Is 30 hours per week ok?

Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Depends on how full time work is defined in the labour code of the province you are in.

Laguna said:
Hi~! :)

How many hours does the full time job has to be for the LMO letter application?

Is 30 hours per week ok?

Thanks!