+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO timeline

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Update from my end:

Application was mailed in on April 1st, 2009 (Toronto, ON) - processing time seems to be 11 weeks these days:

My employer received a phonecall from HRSDC directly (even though we have a lawyer involved... that doesnt seem to bother them...luckily!). At 5 pm on a Friday night (!still working!) they asked for more documents such as my T4 slip 2008 and my last pay slip for May 2009.

Now of course I am wondering if this is a good sign or what?!
According to my HR colleague the lady from Service Canada was very friendly and nice and she said we'd have the decision next week.

Can someone please shed light on this? Is it a good sign or a bad? I know it's like reading tea leaves... :eek:)

Thanks!
Brigit

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
My experience :
LMO Applied in Toronto, 22/May/09.
Senior Financial Analyst Position (NOC skill level A).
Lawyer hired by an employer....waiting.
Anyone with a similar job type ??
AD

okie

Jun 10, 2009
My application wa sent back in December and was refused twice.It has since been resubmitted and I am now pending that outcome ,Im praying so hard for this.My employer advised that by next week we should know something ,can you beleive that this is going to be my longest week ever.

by the way does anyone know of any sites that post jobs for foreign workers??????

please advise

THX
Okie

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Okie,

Its no use visiting any sites, There are very slim changes that they will hire temporary foreign workers for this year due to recession unless you have special skills..

okie

Jun 10, 2009
Hi Nicholas30,

Thank you for your response,Im still checking around though.just in case I get a refusal again for this job in Alberta.

Thank you again
Okie

okie

Jun 10, 2009
Hi N30,

I applied for the position of Front Desk Agent with a prominent resort in Alberta,I am currently employed in the Tourim industry in the caribbean.

How about you ?

I still havent heard anything from them yet ,im hoping next week will bring me the good news im anticipating

Anxiety Attack next
okie

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi all,
just wanted to let you know that I got my LMO approved (positive) on June 16th, 2009.

Applied at HRSDC Toronto on April 1, 2009
NOC 1222 / Level B (trilingual Executive Assistant)
Immigration lawyer involved
A week before issuance of the LMO my employer was contacted directly by the officer.
We were asked to provide my T4 2008 slip and latest payslips as well as another confirmation
that this job really requires 3 languages (english, french, german)

YEAH!

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Okie,
Good luck, let me know what happens....I have applied for PNP hoping for the BEST!!!

okie

Jun 10, 2009
Hi Guys,

Congrats mermaid,finally you torture is over huh.Im so happy for you.

dont forget us when you have everything sorted now !!!!!.....smile all best now.

Nick,how have you been im not sure what ot do really i spoke with my prospective employer today
and I just feel,like im getting the run around.He says they are yet ot locate my application can you believe it ?I think this is garbage.Again they are saying I should wait until Friday.Although they apologized profusely ,I almost feel like Im losing hope.im haging in there still.

Nick are you currently in canada ?

okie

okie

Jun 10, 2009
hi guys ,

Any more good news from you all,Im holding tight until tomorrow.

hope its my day ,

best wishes

okie

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
For benefit of all.......My LMO was approved today. Exactly 8 weeks. Now applying for the work permit hopefully another 1-2 weeks and I should be on payroll ...thanks for all those who added a lot of valuable info on this thread. All the best for those still waiting
LMO Applied in Toronto, 22/May/09. Senior Financial Analyst Position (NOC skill level A). Lawyer hired
LMO Approved 17/Jul/09

sc3639

Aug 20, 2009
I just got a job offer in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
An employer is willing to support LMO.
Does anyone have average LMO wait time in Manitoba?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks