Pre-Assessed..
nbozidarevic said:
NOC Code: 2173
Province: British Columbia
LMO application filed: May 15, 2013
Received positive LMO: September 5, 2013

16 weeks...
Congrats for your LMO!

Do you think this is NOC code related? I am not sure if my NOC code is 2173 or 2174. I really hope it takes less than 16 weeks... Although I've seen other people from NOC 1273 also saying it was taking 12-16 weeks. :'(

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsupsy said:
hi ajay93, sorry I can not post my lmo here as this is a public forum and lmo contains confidential information.

as long as the work permit application was submitted within its validity period there shouldn't be a problem. have you consulted the matter with your representative?
No problem tsupy. cus today the cic contacted me & said the visa officer incharge of my case doesent need it any more.just a new job letter .
to confirm the dates.Thanks any way. :)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, yes I got a negative LMO from Saskatchewan after all this waiting. I'm guessing that it's because the wage was below the average. All in all, The person applied for it on July 19 and got it back around September 3. I'm waiting on another LMO from Alberta that was sent for just one week after the one for Saskatchewan. As of September 5, there's no news.

babyangel

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
@ stopda. i just want to ask if what month did you submitted the application the one you told that you got negative lmo coz mine was submitted july 10, got the file number on the same day but until now still waiting!!

nbozidarevic

Sep 4, 2013
tiagodj said:
Congrats for your LMO!

Do you think this is NOC code related? I am not sure if my NOC code is 2173 or 2174. I really hope it takes less than 16 weeks... Although I've seen other people from NOC 1273 also saying it was taking 12-16 weeks. :'(
I haven't really paid attention to the NOC code when looking at processing times, but it is something you could probably determine from previous posts in this topic. What I did see, however, is that 16-17 weeks seems to be the absolute maximum so far.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@babyangel. There was a typo in my post. I meant to say June 19. That LMO got turned down. Another for a job in Alberta was submitted just a week after and I'm still waiting on that one now that the Saskatchewan LMO failed.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
@ babyangel. There was a typo in my post. I meant to say June 19. That LMO got turned down. Another for a job in Alberta was submitted just a week after and I'm still waiting on that one now that the Saskatchewan LMO failed.
Do you know why the LMO was turned down?

Good luck!

musnianne

Sep 9, 2013
tiagodj said:
Congrats for your LMO!

waaaaah....very long=( so probably i can not get it on my 8th week=(

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hi Guys
just to clarify, its the unnamed LMO that takes 12 - 16 weeks ? If that's the case, how long does it take to have your name inserted if the employer already has the LMO?

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hotpat73 said:
just to clarify, its the unnamed LMO that takes 12 - 16 weeks ?
Good point. Is your LMO unnamed, @nbozidarevic?

Although I believe since LMO is about the job market, and not a particular employee, the LMO being named or unnamed shouldn't make a difference.

I have some colleagues that were applied for a named LMO in Ontario, for the same job position as mine. They are in the 9th week now and no results yet.

nbozidarevic

Sep 4, 2013
Unfortunately, I do not know whether it is named or unnamed.

I do, however, know that the visa application was submitted on the same day the LMO was approved, so that might give some clues.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tiagodj, No, I don't know why the LMO was turned down. The employer never specified why.

mrajamaya

Mar 9, 2013
carol mathews said:
our agent to canada says it may take 3+ 4 months.....as matter of fact nobody knows exact time period.
Hai Mathews.
This is Raja From india i got the offer letter (july 28.2013) through my reputed agent.i do know how long wil take to get Lmo?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
stopDA said:
@ tiagodj, No, I don't know why the LMO was turned down. The employer never specified why.
Didnt you say something about wage rate being low? That would be a reason for refusal.

tsupsy

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan 21, 2014 Police clearances (Philippines, USA and Singapore)
Passport Req..
March 6, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 12, 2014
LANDED..........
May 16, 2014
Hotpat73 said:
Hi Guys
just to clarify, its the unnamed LMO that takes 12 - 16 weeks ? If that's the case, how long does it take to have your name inserted if the employer already has the LMO?
if the employer has already obtained an unnamed lmo, inserting the name of chosen employee should only take 5 days according to the hrdc website. but mine took 2 weeks to attach my name on the lmo.