+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

Blakfish

Aug 1, 2012
Would I be ok to cross the border into the US the day before the expiration of my current permit, and then come back into Canada as a Visitor?

ann41412

Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

I found this site very informative whilst I'm having my own worries too, so I'm hoping anyone can give a piece of advice. I had signed a Caregiver contract last June and sent back to my prospective employer in Ottawa, Ontario. Just in the middle of the June 2012 that my employer told me that she had sent the LMO (via post mail if I'm not not mistaken). The last email she sent was July 4, with a picture of their new home in Edmonton since they'll going to move-in there sometime. She said that she'll get back to me when she got our LMO. As I had read in this site that the processing time would probably take 3-4 months. The worries I'm having now is, I can't send email to my employer. Their email was disabled!, Even in skype, I can't send messages. I tried calling their phone number in Ottawa, despite knowing that they're moving but unfortunately, the number is not in use! But I am wondering why all our contact details were disable? . I'm so sick of how and where to find them:. How can Service Canada reach them if all their contact information was not in use :(.When you move within Canada, you need to change contact details? Nor unless if they have their reasons why... Please help....

Thanks,
Ann of Denmark

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
ann41412 said:
Hi,

I found this site very informative whilst I'm having my own worries too, so I'm hoping anyone can give a piece of advice. I had signed a Caregiver contract last June and sent back to my prospective employer in Ottawa, Ontario. Just in the middle of the June 2012 that my employer told me that she had sent the LMO (via post mail if I'm not not mistaken). The last email she sent was July 4, with a picture of their new home in Edmonton since they'll going to move-in there sometime. She said that she'll get back to me when she got our LMO. As I had read in this site that the processing time would probably take 3-4 months. The worries I'm having now is, I can't send email to my employer. Their email was disabled!, Even in skype, I can't send messages. I tried calling their phone number in Ottawa, despite knowing that they're moving but unfortunately, the number is not in use! But I am wondering why all our contact details were disable? . I'm so sick of how and where to find them:. How can Service Canada reach them if all their contact information was not in use :(.When you move within Canada, you need to change contact details? Nor unless if they have their reasons why... Please help....

Thanks,
Ann of Denmark
Control your desperations, It must not happen like you mentioned. It is better to be safe than to work with fictitious people. Let them contact you. disable email is such thing which is not good, they seems to be fraud.

ekong

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Guys;
My employer e-mailed and told me that I got a LMO without name on it?Is it possible to get a blank LMO and your employer will be the one will write down your name on it?just curious,and I need your advice please..thanks

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
ekong said:
Hi Guys;
My employer e-mailed and told me that I got a LMO without name on it?Is it possible to get a blank LMO and your employer will be the one will write down your name on it?just curious,and I need your advice please..thanks
Yes this is possible, but make sure it has expiry date as well. Such thing happen when open LMO was filed. your employer still need to call Service canada and need to update your name over that LMO. You cant apply for work permit on that LMO. It will take another 10days to obtain LMO with your name.

ekong

Jul 20, 2012
Jitu1011 said:
Yes this is possible, but make sure it has expiry date as well. Such thing happen when open LMO was filed. your employer still need to call Service canada and need to update your name over that LMO. You cant apply for work permit on that LMO. It will take another 10days to obtain LMO with your name.
thank you so much for the information,I really apreciate it...god bless

Jul 19, 2012
hi, a bit of confusion between my friend and the employer about NOC code on the LMO, will a job with NOC 8431 be eligible to apply for PR status after 2 years or is it not possible as in my understanding it falls under skill type C? i hope im wrong though :-[

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
isuzu_crossing said:
hi, a bit of confusion between my friend and the employer about NOC code on the LMO, will a job with NOC 8431 be eligible to apply for PR status after 2 years or is it not possible as in my understanding it falls under skill type C? i hope im wrong though :-[
I would prefer to apply under NOC O, A, B, as under FSW category one need to have minimum 1yr experience under NOC O,A,B class. Ask the employer to add few more duties in Job offer so that it can fall in to NOC B category of any supervisor or say NOC 6216. Usually Noc C and D are not of anyuse to apply for PR they just provide work permit to stay in country and buy time while you are waiting for PR. And in current scenario where only applications with AEO and LMO for Noc O,A,B are beig accepted you NOC 8431 will NOT be helpful for PR

poorguy23

Aug 10, 2012
Hi friends...
I applied through a consultant for a job in Toronto...he said he has applied an LMO for me on 26-march-2012...My consultant said,but it's still in process and no word from SC...My consultant said i can expect my LMO by end of this month....IS that true ????? pls anyone help me....He said only lawyer can get the LMO result & applied candidate can't see the process from SC....Is it true ????? pls share your timeline friends :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The employer/s or whoever the employer/s authorized to represent them can ask about the status of the LMO.

poorguy23 said:
Hi friends...
I applied through a consultant for a job in Toronto...he said he has applied an LMO for me on 26-march-2012...My consultant said,but it's still in process and no word from SC...My consultant said i can expect my LMO by end of this month....IS that true ????? pls anyone help me....He said only lawyer can get the LMO result & applied candidate can't see the process from SC....Is it true ????? pls share your timeline friends :(

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
poorguy23 said:
Hi friends...
Yes the application process is taking too long, you can expect LMO in this month.
Employer and Third Party (Lawyer/Consultant) can only access decision on LMO application, employee cant have access on application status.

ekong

Jul 20, 2012
Jitu1011 said:
Hello friend....
Regarding on my LMO, I already talked to my employer yesterday.She said, it would take 5 days to obtain lmo with my name.Once it release, I need to fill it up.So,I have a question sir,Once I get a positive LMO,Visa is next or which one,?How long should I wait to get to canada?Thank you in advance.

poorguy23

Aug 10, 2012
Jitu1011 said:
Yes the application process is taking too long, you can expect LMO in this month.
Employer and Third Party (Lawyer/Consultant) can only access decision on LMO application, employee cant have access on application status.
Thanks a lot Jitu1011 :D
Hope with God's Grace i'll get my LMO soon ;D

poorguy23

Aug 10, 2012
ekong said:
Hello friend....
Regarding on my LMO, I already talked to my employer yesterday.She said, it would take 5 days to obtain lmo with my name.Once it release, I need to fill it up.So,I have a question sir,Once I get a positive LMO,Visa is next or which one,?How long should I wait to get to canada?Thank you in advance.
Once u get ur LMO with ur name...then u have apply for your workpermit in your country...it takes maximum of 10 business days...then u have to book ur flight ticket and you can fly to Canada....All the best ;D