NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
venAAA said:
My update: as I wrote before, my employer applied for LMO on ~05 Feb 2012. He's just phoned SC - they told him that the file had been assigned to an officer and it would take about a week to process it.
Good luck, what is is NOC code?

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
ATTENTION:
Regarding receiving information:- Call service canada call center and just ask them I am calling from "your company name" want to know the status of our application, the file# is "your file number" they will not ask your name they will tell you the status.

I have read over lot of post, people say you will not receive information and only your employer will have access. so in almost 90% of cases either employee or some HR are in touch with HRSDC through call center only and receiver at HRSDC end has no time to talk to you they just ask file number and don't even ask your name or even the company you are calling from. what they want to hear is candidate name, noc code or just file number if already allotted. I got my LMO (positive)file completed and helped three friends and we convinced employer to file paperwork as employers are usually not aware of this process. We did all communication with HRSDC on our own and employer never made any call to them, niether they asked us ever who are you and where r u calling from ... it is just your way of handling call.

Secondly - Implied status.
When you apply work permit before expiration of existing you will turn to implied status and will be deemed as on valid status till you receive result of your application. So in your case now (which is similar to what I was in 3 months back) you have to apply work permit (based on LMO) and disclose your LMO file number (Ironically it is published on CIC website that concurrent processing is not available but still Immigration officers are processing the applications). Your application will be put on hold for two months and they will wait for your LMO results to be released, so you can continue working till then and in some cases they keep application on hold for even longer.

So be positive and file work permit extension with your LMO file number

Cheers

owlcat said:
Hey guys,
Here's my time line
Application sent : March 12th
Application received : March 14th
File number received : April 15
WP expires : May 14th
Now : waiting

As my WP is gonna expire in a few days and still no news from LMO, Im going to apply for extending my work permit right before the old one expires and I will be passed on implied status , and according to what I've read so far on the forum, I can still work within this period which is 60 days. My question is what will happen after that 60 days and still not getting anything from LMO (my employer called SC today and they said theyr still working on applications received in Jan 2012), I know that my application for work permit will be rejected and I have 90 days to restore my staus, but can I continue to work at that time? me and my employer dont know much to do about that situation. Please any advice?

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
Approved for PR: Sept 11, 2013
Re: Restoration of Status UPDATE

Kat911s said:
So I'm writing on behalf of my partner, from Belgium. He's fluently bilingual so I imagine that would help in the process. He had a 1 year open work permit (expired Dec.7th, 2011). He found a job in his field (in Gatineau, Quebec) in November and applied for LMO/WP extension on Dec. 1st.

He received a letter from CIC (Citizen and Immigration) saying they need the LMO within 2 months or his application will be denied.
His employer sent a fax asking for the LMO to be processed quickly due to the time constraints...to no avail. He called in to CIC and they made note of the LMO delays on his file and said they may put it to the side and wait a little longer. THEY DIDN'T.

Feb 8th received a letter saying Work Permit was denied on Feb 1st :(
Feb 9th employer received notification that the LMO was ACCEPTED and passed on to the Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). The CAQ said it should take a week (probably more reading some forums!)
ARGH!!!!!!!! They couldn't wait another week!!!!!???? Now he is unable to work, unable to volunteer because it gives him experience, unable to get paid, and unable to leave the country...

NOW: We will wait for the CAQ to be processed, then apply for Restoration Status/WP extension. Some forums say it can take up to 4 months, but CIC said the average waiting time now is 24 days. So fingers crossed we'll have all this sorted in a month in a half! Honestly, I have NO idea how some people could last 4 months without any income!
Feb 8 - Work Permit DENIED b/c lack of LMO *stopped working for employer, no more paycheque*
Feb 9 - LMO ACCEPTED
Feb 29 - Certificate to work in Quebec completed
March 5 - Applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of Work Permit
March 9 - Application accepted
May 15 - Still no word. Just called CIC and they said they've increased the time from 9 weeks to 16 weeks to process.

:( The stress/anxiety is terrible. Thankfully he saved enough money during his time with his Open Work Permit...

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
longingtogo said:
Got my call yesterday... Thank God... I am on my way
good luck, wht is your NOC code and when did you apply?

Thanks

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
My time-line:

LMO Sent on Jan 22
Application Received on Jan 27
Got the file # in the first week of March
LMO approved on - May 8
LMO Letter Received by Canada Post - May 14

Thanks for everyone's help here. I hope all of you get a positive LMO.

Cheers!!

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Is it true that CIC holds the application more than 60 days, if the positive LMO is not arrived for the application? please let me know what is the maximum time that CIC has hold application. any known case would be helpful...

Jitu1011 said:
ATTENTION:
Regarding receiving information:- Call service canada call center and just ask them I am calling from "your company name" want to know the status of our application, the file# is "your file number" they will not ask your name they will tell you the status.

I have read over lot of post, people say you will not receive information and only your employer will have access. so in almost 90% of cases either employee or some HR are in touch with HRSDC through call center only and receiver at HRSDC end has no time to talk to you they just ask file number and don't even ask your name or even the company you are calling from. what they want to hear is candidate name, noc code or just file number if already allotted. I got my LMO (positive)file completed and helped three friends and we convinced employer to file paperwork as employers are usually not aware of this process. We did all communication with HRSDC on our own and employer never made any call to them, niether they asked us ever who are you and where r u calling from ... it is just your way of handling call.

Secondly - Implied status.
When you apply work permit before expiration of existing you will turn to implied status and will be deemed as on valid status till you receive result of your application. So in your case now (which is similar to what I was in 3 months back) you have to apply work permit (based on LMO) and disclose your LMO file number (Ironically it is published on CIC website that concurrent processing is not available but still Immigration officers are processing the applications). Your application will be put on hold for two months and they will wait for your LMO results to be released, so you can continue working till then and in some cases they keep application on hold for even longer.

So be positive and file work permit extension with your LMO file number

Cheers

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
I got a +ve LMO Timeline is :

applied 28 March 2012

Positive LMO Received : 15 May 2012
NOC 2171

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
Approved for PR: Sept 11, 2013
Indocanda said:
Is it true that CIC holds the application more than 60 days, if the positive LMO is not arrived for the application? please let me know what is the maximum time that CIC has hold application. any known case would be helpful...
CIC holds your application 2 months for a positive LMO. It WILL NOT hold after that time. They will refuse your work permit.
HRSDC and CIC do not work together on these issues, it's a ridiculous system.

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
Re: Restoration of Status UPDATE

Kat911s said:
Feb 8 - Work Permit DENIED b/c lack of LMO *stopped working for employer, no more paycheque*
Feb 9 - LMO ACCEPTED
Feb 29 - Certificate to work in Quebec completed
March 5 - Applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of Work Permit
March 9 - Application accepted
May 15 - Still no word. Just called CIC and they said they've increased the time from 9 weeks to 16 weeks to process.

:( The stress/anxiety is terrible. Thankfully he saved enough money during his time with his Open Work Permit...
I applied for restoration of status on april. 23. Still no news.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
My employer has filed LMO for me on 12th Jan, 2012 & we received file number on 10th Feb. Could you guys please let me know about your timeline? One more thing, how service Canada will notify me about LMO status after processing?
Thanks.

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
gaurav1182 said:
My employer has filed LMO for me on 12th Jan, 2012 & we received file number on 10th Feb. Could you guys please let me know about your timeline? One more thing, how service Canada will notify me about LMO status after processing?
Thanks.
My friend's employer called SC and right now, they are processing all the applications received in the first week of February. I am surprized if you haven't received any communication from SC yet. May be your employer haven't received the letter but the decision has been made. Ask your employer to call SC and see what is the scenario. If they are still working on it, ask them to accelerate the process as its more than 4 months. Hope it helps!!

deep2012

May 22, 2012
about caregiver visa

hello,
i have applied for caregiver visa to canada through an immigration consultant from cyprus.its been already one & half year ,i did not get any LMO or contract paper ,but he is saying from 3 months that i have your LMO,can anyone please guide me contract paper first comes to me or LMO,i'm confused

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Re: about caregiver visa

deep2012 said:
hello,
i have applied for caregiver visa to canada through an immigration consultant from cyprus.its been already one & half year ,i did not get any LMO or contract paper ,but he is saying from 3 months that i have your LMO,can anyone please guide me contract paper first comes to me or LMO,i'm confused
Hi,

LMO processing times for caregiver is the fastest, it take at the most 2 months. Not sure why is your case taking too long. I say you should follow up with your employer.

Bepositive