Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Cabalen said:
Hi Jass,

Thank you for this information. But is this for people who already have a work permit? Because there is an expiry date.

In may case, I'll be starting to apply a TWP here in Manila. So I think the first sentence from Foxxy applies to me.

Did I get this correctly?

Thanks!
Hi Cabalen

As per CIC, if you dont have approved LMO but inly File number then you can apply for the extensiom of your work permit (only 2 weeks before it expires) to CIC giving all the proofs from SC that your LMO is under process. Try to get some confirmation letter from SC about the AOR of LMO application and the file number. Send this to CIC along with your work permit extension and CIC will hold your work permit application for 2 months. And hopefully, you will be able to get LMO approval and then you can just call CIC and tell that you received LMO approval and they will start processing your Work permit.

However, in the worst case if you dont receive any reply from SC withing these extended 2 months of your WP application, CIC will reject your WP and then you will have 90 days to apply for restoration if you receive LMO within that time period failing which you will have to stop working.

I hope everything is quite clear now but you are always welcome for any questions.

Thanks!!

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Hi!!! one question.. what about if you don't have the file number yet? I am still waiting for the file number and my visa is expiring the 6th May, what can I do?

Thank you so much!!

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
jass_virgoan said:
Hi Cabalen

As per CIC, if you dont have approved LMO but inly File number then you can apply for the extensiom of your work permit (only 2 weeks before it expires) to CIC giving all the proofs from SC that your LMO is under process. Try to get some confirmation letter from SC about the AOR of LMO application and the file number. Send this to CIC along with your work permit extension and CIC will hold your work permit application for 2 months. And hopefully, you will be able to get LMO approval and then you can just call CIC and tell that you received LMO approval and they will start processing your Work permit.

However, in the worst case if you dont receive any reply from SC withing these extended 2 months of your WP application, CIC will reject your WP and then you will have 90 days to apply for restoration if you receive LMO within that time period failing which you will have to stop working.

I hope everything is quite clear now but you are always welcome for any questions.

Thanks!!
Hi Jass,

Thank you for your detailed response. But it does not apply to me right now. Maybe later on if I have already a work permit.

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
carolk said:
My application sent on jan 6, still no results.
Work permit refused, now waiting for positive lMO to restore status.
Posittive LMO received on April 23.
3 months and 17 days.

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
My timeline

NOC code 2281, applied from Toronto

March 22 - LMO application sent
April 5 - Got the file number

April 23 - My boss got a call from SC, they asked him information about the position and about the wages, the lady form sc asked for the same papers we sent in the application, and also she asked for a copy of my actual work permit and for a explanation letter of the company explaining why do they need me in the company, my boss said she was so rude and straight, he said she is like no really convinced and that why she asked for more proofs and papers.... he sent the requested documents on Wednesday..... is this a bad signal? that means they are going reject the application?.... have anyone had this situation too? because it is too soon for them to be working on my application, i see people here from January are still waiting so i dun't know why they are calling to the company... anyone?

May 26 - Work permit expires

civil

Mar 21, 2012
Hi Everyone

My Boss applied for LMO on March 20 th. how should I get the file number ?Should I call SC ? How does it work ? please advise .

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
civil said:
Hi Everyone

My Boss applied for LMO on March 20 th. how should I get the file number ?Should I call SC ? How does it work ? please advise .
There is nothing you can do. Your employer can only call HRDC to check the status of LMO application or inquire about the file number. Its been over a month and I'm sure your employer should have received a file number, check with him/her.

civil

Mar 21, 2012
bepositive said:
There is nothing you can do. Your employer can only call HRDC to check the status of LMO application or inquire about the file number. Its been over a month and I'm sure your employer should have received a file number, check with him/her.
Thanks for reply
I will make them call tomorrow

longingtogo

May 3, 2012
Hi everyone
It's been very informative reading your posts. I would like to come to Canada as a Live in caregiver

Jod advertisement ended on job bank 24th April
LMO application submitted on April 24th
File number received 4th May

just waiting......

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
longingtogo said:
Hi everyone
It's been very informative reading your posts. I would like to come to Canada as a Live in caregiver

Jod advertisement ended on job bank 24th April
LMO application submitted on April 24th
File number received 4th May

just waiting......
Processing time for live in caregiver is much less compared to others, you should expect a call soon.

bepositive