Sent with Application
File Transfer...
NDVO Sept 6, 2013
Med's Request
April 23, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
Jeetu,

I hope you know that ALMO has been stopped by HRSD since last month. What are your view about getting an LMO application approved fro Bookkeeper from Toronto, Ontario ?

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Guys anyone applied for LMO in March for Ontario? I applied for LMO on 26th March. Still havent got any reply.

Any updates will help.

writetosfa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
11-01-2013
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
foruaks said:
Guys anyone applied for LMO in March for Ontario? I applied for LMO on 26th March. Still havent got any reply.

Any updates will help.
You should have your company call Service Canada. We applied end of Feb and have heard nothing so company called last week and Service Canada says they never received the application! Now my husband's OHIP is going to expire and there is nothing we can do but wait it out.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Did your employer applied by himself or through a lawyer? This sounds scary to me. My lawyer will enquire from Service Canada on Monday.

writetosfa said:
You should have your company call Service Canada. We applied end of Feb and have heard nothing so company called last week and Service Canada says they never received the application! Now my husband's OHIP is going to expire and there is nothing we can do but wait it out.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
europeangirl said:
My husband's LMO in Toronto got approved within one month - applied mid April.
That was quick.... Was the LMO for first time or was it a renewal? Which profession was it?

europeangirl

Apr 30, 2013
It was second time (first got refused without possibility to appeal) but it wasn't a renewal. NOC 2282 - user support technicians.

ALICE1312

Jun 5, 2013
I got a positive LMO last week, so I want to share my info with you guys :)

hope it would be helpful for you guys ! Good luck everyone ! :D

NOC 5245 - Toronto ((First time LMO))

LMO applied: April 16, 2013
Received: I don't know, even haven't gotten a file number.
Employer got a call for the first time : May 16, 2013
Employer got a call for interview and asking some more docs : MAy 22, 2013
Add. docs submitted: May 24, 2013
POSITIVE LMO received: May 27, 2013

kmfl85

Jun 10, 2013
I have been going over this forum for quite sometime and i finally decided to pitch in
My timeline is as follows:

LMO Application submitted: Feb 20 2013
work permit extension : 24 feb 2013
work permit application received: 25 feb 2013
Post graduation Work permit expired: 26 feb 2013
LMO number assigned:March 1st week
Service Canada agent contacted employer for additional company tax information: 10 April 2013
tax information sent: 17 April 2013
Service Canada agent contacted employer and took a verbal confirmation for Canadian Labour market information:22 may 2013
Employer asked to fill in the Canadian Labour Market Impact form: 22 may 2013
Canadian Labour Market Impact form submitted: 23 May 2013
Work permit rejection letter received: 23 may 2013

Havent received any news from Service Canada for LMO after that, even after leaving voicemails (they dont take direct calls).
Last date for restoration of status is 16 August 2013.

Anyone know after all these formalities what are the chances of getting a positive LMO???? Because if I dont get a positive LMO I really need to start looking for other options.

I have 3 options:
a) Wait till the16 July for LMO confirmation in order to submit my work permit application
b) Apply for work permit extension online, hoping that i should now get the lmo confirmation latest by 26 june(maximum time seems to be 4 months according to this forum), so that i don't waste anytime in restoring my status. As it anyways takes them a month to process online work permit applications.
c) Play really safe apply for my visitor's visa ASAP and then apply for my work permit extension when and if i get my lmo confirmation.

Any response would be greatly appreciated, it is very frustrating when they leave you hanging without any response :'(

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Did anyone got their LMO submitted in March 2013 for Ontario? I am still waiting for mine. My lawyer has been doing all sort of follow ups with Service Canada, but no response. This is the 12th week since the time we submitted the application. Now we are fearing that SC might have lost the application.

Any updates with this timelimes will help. Just to recap, my application was submitted on 26th March for Toronto Ontario.

kmfl85

Jun 10, 2013
LMO was rejected :(... my lawyer says now even if i apply for a visitor's visa my chances are not good, as the government thinks that people work illegally on visitor's visa. Dont know how I can buy more time for another LMO. I am waiting for my CSQ which was due to come in this month, but of course CSQ processing also has delays.... now i am wondering if i should get realistic and start booking my flight tickets back home..

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
kmfl85 said:
LMO was rejected :(... my lawyer says now even if i apply for a visitor's visa my chances are not good, as the government thinks that people work illegally on visitor's visa. Dont know how I can buy more time for another LMO. I am waiting for my CSQ which was due to come in this month, but of course CSQ processing also has delays.... now i am wondering if i should get realistic and start booking my flight tickets back home..
Which NOC was it and what was the reason for rejection?

kmfl85

Jun 10, 2013
I applied under NOC 2171.
It said my salary was not high enough (my employer is ready to increase the salary)
2nd reason was they did not prove why they couldnt get canadian workers(i thought the whole point of facilitated NOCs and PGWP was that you didnt have to show advertising)
3rd reason that my employer could not demonstrate why they needed me specifically for that task and that they could not demonstrate that they could abide by the requirementment in terms of financials

I am planning to re-apply for the lmo but frankly I don't expect it getting approved :(

ulyven

Jun 5, 2013
honeysweetie said:
Me too my prospective employer filed my LMO June 17, 2011 under LCP (new employer/first time to hire a live-in caregiver without any representative/agency to filed) and until now she haven't receive any feedback from HRSDC. Any one who just got their LMO in Ontario under LCP? How long usually takes to get the result?
I have an idea about other LMO same as mine (Low skill level) it took 2 months at alberta... I don't know if there is a factor on area and work category. fyi

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
I just got an update that IT applications are kept on hold due to the RBC scandal. Can anyone confirm about getting LMO for IT applications applied in past 2 to 3 months? That will confirm my doubts.