+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

C

Carol m

Hi everyone
Just to share and keep the hope up, my husbands LMO got approved! They received the application on the 11th September and it took 13 weeks!
@Magdalenaz, did u hear anything yet? We waited last year 12 weeks and 3 days so it seems to be pretty long and not 8 weeks anymore! U might get your soon too :)

Magdalenaz

Sep 5, 2012
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!! I haven't received anything yet:( and I lost hope...but hearing your good news seems to bring back the remains of my faith!:) Thanks for your update, I am happy for you. I hope to share such news as well soon... best wishes to you and your husband!!!XXX

Magdalenaz

Sep 5, 2012
The received my application on the 10th of September so one day earlier than your husband's which means I should get mine the day before yesterday:) Thanks you anyways because you brought back hope for a better future...maybe it is going to be my Christmas present this year:) regards

supa-g

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013
Med's Request
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
How long after applying for LMO, has your employer received the phone call from Service Canada? In my case, it's already 5 weeks since they received my application, but no phone call, yet.

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

what a great topic! It's nice to read stories from people in the same boat (calms the nerves a bit). Here is my story so far:

I'm currently in Alberta as a visitor after graduating last august (with a major in Forest Management). My plan was to stay with friends for a bit and move on to BC, but as all plans they don't always work. I've met a great Canadian girl and as things are going well I've decided to stay in the area for a while. There is not a lot of forestry going on in the area I'm at, so I've started looking for other work. After lots and lots of applications I've finally found an employer that wanted to jump through the hoops with me.

They are quite a small company working in the oilfields and never went through the foreign worker application process before, so I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well :) . The LMO application is out and has been for almost 6 weeks now. I'll keep the updates coming on what goes on!

If (when of course!) my LMO gets approved I'll put in my application for a work permit at the Seattle, WA office. They sure don't make it easy to come to Canada lol. Luckily it's such a great country, so well worth the trouble!

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi All,

I have a tiny question about LMO. once filled for LMO, i read here it takes about 3-4 months to get approval(if approved) once its approved what is the next step towards getting a temp work permit

thanks people

betterman_0528

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
09-12-2013
@goodmorning 1947.

next step will be medical request. ;D

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dropped by my (hopefully) future place of employment today just to show my face and have a chat and they heard back from HRSDC yesterday. This was after about 8 weeks. The mail asked for a couple of extra forms, so no final answer yet. I never expected the LMO to be such a barrier. I hope the extra forms don't bump me to the back of the line again, but we will see. At least the weather is perking up a bit, spring is in the air! :)

I've decided that I'll be applying for my work permit at the POE down by Sweetgrass instead of sending it out to the embassy in Seattle. It should take me about 9 hours to get their by car which isn't too bad of a drive.

workluck

Apr 10, 2013
After one refused LMO, which took 7 or 8 weeks to come back, we tried again. We handed in a solid application this time, around March 5th (addressed all of HRSDC's complaints), and my employer phoned in a couple times, and requested expedited treatment by fax (as the project essentially needed me to work again as soon as possible). Took 4.5 weeks for a positive reply (came April 5th). It's for a skilled position (A). Seems that if you've got a solid case, and an employer willing to put in the extra effort, it doesn't necessarily take forever to get the LMO back. Thank you very much, employer ;-) Now hoping for a problem-free work permit return.

northwest2012

Feb 13, 2012
January 2012 application for PR received but nothing happen after they send file

Time line:
January 2012 - Application Received for PR
February 2012 - got my file number

until now, there's no update on my application via arrange employment. please share your timeline

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
meron po ba nakaranas na ng ganito? dumating po sa akin ang passport request ko at may kasama po note na wala po daw ang name ko sa database nila nung nagtsek sila kung andun ung pngalan ko sa lmo, wala po daw ang pangalan ko dun sa databse nila, ang employer ko po ay nagpadala na sa akin nung copy ng lmo template na andun ang pangalan namin nga selected worker bale 10 po kami lahat dun at andun naman po talaga ang pangalan ko, di ko po maintidihan kung bakit hinde nila makita sa database nila ung pangalan ko, ano po kaya dapat ko gawn d2 sa problema kong ito? Bale 2 po kami na ganyan ang problema ngayon, un pong 8 namin kasabay sa lmo ay dumating na po ang visa nila, pls help naman po, kailngan ko po ng mga advise, wala naman po ako narereceive ba na refusal letter, pinadala ko po ung passport ko at lmo template na may name ko nung March 25, hangang ngayon wala pa po resulta kung refuse ba o approve, pero ung sa 8 ko ksabay may visa na sila, please tulong naman po mga kababayan.

sankyx

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
I dont understand why it takes so much, according to the HRSDC webpage an accelerated LMO should take 4 to 5 working days!

kifsbjg

Apr 18, 2013
Carol m said:
Hi everyone
Just to share and keep the hope up, my husbands LMO got approved! They received the application on the 11th September and it took 13 weeks!
@ Magdalenaz, did u hear anything yet? We waited last year 12 weeks and 3 days so it seems to be pretty long and not 8 weeks anymore! U might get your soon too :)
Hello dear

I am applying since 11th novembar 2012 I was aplyed from vfs ahamdabad in indIa hera processing timing only 4 weak but till today my application status is under proccesing no mr & no any more.

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
ErickNL said:
Dropped by my (hopefully) future place of employment today just to show my face and have a chat and they heard back from HRSDC yesterday. This was after about 8 weeks. The mail asked for a couple of extra forms, so no final answer yet. I never expected the LMO to be such a barrier. I hope the extra forms don't bump me to the back of the line again, but we will see. At least the weather is perking up a bit, spring is in the air! :)

I've decided that I'll be applying for my work permit at the POE down by Sweetgrass instead of sending it out to the embassy in Seattle. It should take me about 9 hours to get their by car which isn't too bad of a drive.
Hi ErickNL,

Is it possible to send the WP application to Seattle even if you are currently here in Canada? I'm hoping to get my LMO before august because im flying there sa seattle for vacation, im hoping makapagapply na din ako ng new WP. dun kasi ako nagapply before (but i was currenlty staying there that time) and it only took a day! so im wondering if possible ba na while im here in canada, i can send my application to US? kasi super tagal dito sa canada.

THANKS!!! wala bang PM dito?? lol!

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't catch all of your reply, but according to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=17

If you are already in Canada as a visitor, you may not apply within Canada. You must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:

responsible for the country where you live,
responsible for the country you are a citizen of, or
at a Canadian embassy or consulate in the United States of America.
You may be asked to go for an in-person interview at that office. If so, make sure you have all the documents you need to enter that country.

Via: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/offices-bureaux/index.aspx

Consulate General of Canada
1501 4th Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101

General Inquiries: Tel: (206) 443-1777, Fax: (206) 443-9662, seatl @ international.gc.ca
Immigration and Visa Inquiries: Tel: (206) 443-1372, Fax: (206) 441-7838, seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Territory: Washington State, Alaska, Idaho, Oregon

You could always give them a call and double check. Hope it helps and good luck with your application!