+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
inameiname said:
Ah, I see. Well, I believe in cases such as yours you are able to apply early for a work permit even if the lmo for the position hasn't been given to you yet only if the processing of the lmo has generated a file number. As it sounds like it did, and you were able to end up getting a positive one, I guess now is when you send a copy of the positive lmo to the same folks you sent off the work permit, so they can then review it and add it to your work permit package. Once all that is done, they can finalize the work permit and send it too you.

Anyway, sounds like you did the smart thing by applying for the work permit as soon as you could, rather than wait for a positive lmo to come back to you. So now, as mentioned, just send them the copy of the lmo and you should be all set.
yay thanks u so much...keep u guys updated...hope it goes well...finger crossed!

I/B/O/W

Aug 17, 2012
Hi

My parents applied for a LMO recently (they are renewing it and are based out of Edmonton). The employer has received the file number. We are not sure if its an Accelerated LMO (A-LMO) or a normal one. If it is the latter, by when should we expect a reply?

It will be great if you could assist us here.

Thanks!!

aries4020

Jul 8, 2012
cpaet10 said:
yay thanks u so much...keep u guys updated...hope it goes well...finger crossed!

Sir i just want to ask if there is a way by internet that i can check if an LMO has been filed?

Thanks,
aries4020

vijay007

Aug 18, 2012
HI FRNDS

I M IN INDIA

I M NEW TO THIS SITE

PLS ANYONE TELL THE BRITISH COLUMBIA LMO PROCESSING TIME

THXS FRNDS

Magdalenaz

Sep 5, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I am waiting for a positive LMO for 13 weeks now...My employer applied on June 10th. I try to stay positive about it but I read here that it takes around 8 weeks in most cases:( The only explanation for that may be vacation time...but is it really an excuse? I am soooo nervous about it:/ Is the anybody waiting from around the same time as me? I feel it is easier to know that there are some people in a similar situation as you:)
I really do not know how the procedure looks like form the moment of applying by one's employer...Any info on that? Thanks in advance!!!

Magdalenaz

Sep 5, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for my LMO 12 weeks now and there is no news yet...:/ I want to ask you one question: is there any possibility to get information about the result of the application procedure other than via the future employer. In other words: can one obtain information about their result directly from the HRSDC (phone or email)??? I am afraid that for instance mine may be ready and my employer does not check it as often as they could, etc. Can the applicants check it themselves? Thanks for your replies guys..

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello,
This is Gaurav. Presently i am in India & have work visa valid for one of the mining equipment manufacturer in Canada. My offer is still valid with present employer but he mentioned that due to slowing down in industry there might be job cut in future. Could you guys please let me know procedure to change employer in Canada if person is on work visa? One more question, can i join some college for pursuing my doctorate if i am on work visa in Canada?
Thanks,
Gaurav

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My Employer applied for my LMO back in May 2012 and was refused because of the lack of some paperwork in 2nd week of July, exactly after 8 weeks, My employer then reapplied for LMO with the necessary paperwork and since then it’s been more than 8 weeks and we have not received any information from HRDC. Not only is this time period frustrating but a painful one as well.

I wanted to know from the group if someone knows of the current Processing times for an LMO approval in Alberta? :eek:

I think I should also mention that I am not based in Canada and hold an Indian Passport and have been to Canada recently for a training session for 2 weeks with a same employer on a Business visa. My employer is SAP partner and is working with oil and Gas industry.

hiten3112

Aug 11, 2012
leesho10 said:
Hi, my husband had his LMO approved in Alberta after exactly 8 weeks.
Hi All of you,

Congrats for getting positive LMO ..

I am seeking for employer in canada. Can any one of you tell me from where you get employment ??

I mean u searched employer through consultant or any other way ??

Please help me out guies..

Waiting for replies..

Hiten

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
Akhuttan said:
Hi Guys,

My Employer applied for my LMO back in May 2012 and was refused because of the lack of some paperwork in 2nd week of July, exactly after 8 weeks, My employer then reapplied for LMO with the necessary paperwork and since then it's been more than 8 weeks and we have not received any information from HRDC. Not only is this time period frustrating but a painful one as well.

I wanted to know from the group if someone knows of the current Processing times for an LMO approval in Alberta? :eek:

I think I should also mention that I am not based in Canada and hold an Indian Passport and have been to Canada recently for a training session for 2 weeks with a same employer on a Business visa. My employer is SAP partner and is working with oil and Gas industry.

hi akhuttan

i think it depends what kind of work you are applying for....me i got mine exactly 8 weeks ...my NOC is 6474 live in caregiver.

now I'm gonna send my work permit today

what happened?why it was refused?

GODBLESS US

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
hiten3112 said:
Hi All of you,

Congrats for getting positive LMO ..

I am seeking for employer in canada. Can any one of you tell me from where you get employment ??

I mean u searched employer through consultant or any other way ??

Please help me out guies..

Waiting for replies..

Hiten
With ample experience on your field, you can search and apply at job bank canada. It's the Service Canada official site for legitimate job offers from legitimate employers.
All the best to tou in your job junting.

hiten3112

Aug 11, 2012
maplelove said:
With ample experience on your field, you can search and apply at job bank canada. It's the Service Canada official site for legitimate job offers from legitimate employers.
All the best to tou in your job junting.
Thanks for reply ,

I have applied to many of jobs through this site but still no result ...

:(

So what are other options ?

Hiten

aimeerochelle

Sep 19, 2012
Hi

My husband received his LMO but his name was not mention or written, is Canada using number code now instead of the person name?

Please advise, we just want to make sure that it's true as before (i mean last year) my friend received her LMO with her name on it.

Thank you.