+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO in process, New Job offer at hand

can_res

Feb 7, 2014
Hi
My current workpermit is expiring and hence my employer has filed a new LMO. The LMO is still in progress and not yet approved/rejected. Now I have a new job offer from a different employer in another province. To join the new employer, my new employer also will have to file a LMO, which they have agreed to do. Will there be a problem if two LMO's for same person is filed in two different provinces? Will my current LMO be in problem, if the new potential employer files for a new LMO?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really don't know how Service Canada will view the matter. However, you should stick with your current job that has already filed an LMO application for you. It's a hell of a lot of trouble to file LMO applications especially now that employers have to pay a $275 fee and pay to have the job advertised in the newspaper (which is expensive) due to the new rules.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_res said:
Hi
My current workpermit is expiring and hence my employer has filed a new LMO. The LMO is still in progress and not yet approved/rejected. Now I have a new job offer from a different employer in another province. To join the new employer, my new employer also will have to file a LMO, which they have agreed to do. Will there be a problem if two LMO's for same person is filed in two different provinces? Will my current LMO be in problem, if the new potential employer files for a new LMO?
I don't think there is a problem. I had a LMO filed in Toronto, and one month later another one filed in Vancouver, for the same company and NOC code. The one from Toronto got approved after 28 weeks, and now I am waiting for the Vancouver one, because that's where I'll work.

Cheers

can_res

Feb 7, 2014
Thanks StopDA and tiagodj. But tiagodj in your case, its another LMO for same employer. In my case, its a different LMO for a new employer. Will it make any difference?

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
tiagodj said:
I don't think there is a problem. I had a LMO filed in Toronto, and one month later another one filed in Vancouver, for the same company and NOC code. The one from Toronto got approved after 28 weeks, and now I am waiting for the Vancouver one, because that's where I'll work.

Cheers
Hi, May i knw how did you find employers for new LMO? Is that through any agency?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_res said:
Thanks StopDA and tiagodj. But tiagodj in your case, its another LMO for same employer. In my case, its a different LMO for a new employer. Will it make any difference?
There shouldn't be a problem if tiagodj didn't have a problem with his name ending up on two separate LMOs.