+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO help!!

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
Hello Friends

I have been working for 3 years with my company as a Senior Software Developer under an LMO approved work permit and this work permit expires in June 2010. I was wondering how difficult will it be to renew the work permit and do I need to get LMO again or I can just apply straight to cic for the renewal? If I need to get LMO again how easy it will be get an approval because of the current economy.

Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dpak said:
Hello Friends

I have been working for 3 years with my company as a Senior Software Developer under an LMO approved work permit and this work permit expires in June 2010. I was wondering how difficult will it be to renew the work permit and do I need to get LMO again or I can just apply straight to cic for the renewal? If I need to get LMO again how easy it will be get an approval because of the current economy.

Thank You
1. You need a new LMO and it is going to tough for your employer to get after 3 years.

PMM

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
I would say 2 years because the first year was a post graduate work permit. Why will it be difficult to get a renewal for an LMO work permit? I have already applied for my permanent residence application but it doesnt seems to be coming before June. Can this go in my favor?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

Is it not possible for you to apply for immigration under CEC or PNP? or if your job is in any of these categories (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp), you can apply for a work permit without LMO. There's a member from another forum who is also a software developer(programmer) who lost his job but managed to apply for a work permit without LMO and was granted an open work permit.

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
I have applied for my immigration under HRDC approved AEO. Also I dont have the exact title as in NOC link but I am responsible for doing the same things. I think my job is exempted from LMO but my representative says no because of recession. I will call CIC i guess.

Thank you for your help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dpak said:
I have applied for my immigration under HRDC approved AEO. Also I dont have the exact title as in NOC link but I am responsible for doing the same things. I think my job is exempted from LMO but my representative says no because of recession. I will call CIC i guess.

Thank you for your help
I think the job title need not necessarily be the same as long as the duties and responsibilities are. Yes, I think getting info from CIC would probably clear things. When you call get the name of the agent though :). All the best.

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
I called them yesterday and they said since I have applied under LMO approved work permit last time, the employer need to contact the HRDC again to make sure I need LMO again or not. I will get the employer talk to HRDC about it as soon as possible.

Thank You