+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for international student

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by swapnil, May 21, 2012.

  1. Hello,

    I am international student and i just finished my 1 year course in Canada. Now i am working in hospitality sector and my owner dont have LMO but she is told me that for me she will apply for LMO. so I just want to know that, is it possible to get LMO for employer if worker already started to work with same employer. what is a process for that? And i read some where that "job opportunity can be offered by a different employer than the employer that offered the position under the PGWPP"

    Please let me know in detail that what should i have to do because as i am going to apply for my PGWP and i have completed 1 year course so i will get 8 months or 1 year PG work permit.

    Thank you.
  2. 1. Your PGWP will be the length of your study. If it was 8 months, that'll be the length of the permit.
    2. You don't need an LMO to work under your PGWP. A PGWP is an open work permit that has no restrictions on the employer.
    3. You will only need an LMO to extend the work permit. However since you had a PGWP, it simplifies the LMO process for your employer - they won't have to recruit for the position but all other conditions apply.

Share This Page