+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

Saroj Karki

Feb 14, 2024
Hello
I got a LMIA from the employer but still confuse whether its real or fake.what are points I could know to verify its real LMIA. Plz advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
I got a LMIA from the employer but still confuse whether its real or fake.what are points I could know to verify its real LMIA. Plz advice
If you aren't sure, then it's most likely fake.

Post the full job offer here.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello,

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer. The company applied a LMIA for me and got a positive LMIA. However, I just received another job offer and this company completed advertising the job and is in the process of applying a LMIA for me. Because I had a positive LMIA before, are there any risks for the new LMIA application?

Please advise. Thank you!
if someone had a career in a field, and then changed the career, is it possible to get lmia for previous career?

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello,

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer. The company applied a LMIA for me and got a positive LMIA. However, I just received another job offer and this company completed advertising the job and is in the process of applying a LMIA for me. Because I had a positive LMIA before, are there any risks for the new LMIA application?
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if someone had a career in a field, and then changed the career, is it possible to get lmia for previous career?
An employer gets the LMIA not the employee. I think you are really referring to a WP. It is much harder to get a WP for a previous career. It really depends on how long ago you worked in the field, whether the career is similar in pay and prestige and both fields have similar education requirements for example. If for example you worked in food service and recently finished a bachelors degree in engineering it wouldn’t make sense for you to apply for a WP to work in food service. That would clearly be a WP purely based on immigration. It the job was based on

Reactions: Naturgrl

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello,

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Today at 1:46 PM
nguyenly said:
Hello,

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Last edited: Today at 2:01 PM
i got this,.

Reactions: scylla

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, I just received my LMIA-exempt number - A******* from my employer, How do I file for my work permit extension? My work permit expires in 10 days.
Is it through the GCKey portal ? Kindly help.