+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

nguyenly

Mar 11, 2022
Hello,

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer. The company applied a LMIA for me and got a positive LMIA. However, I just received another job offer and this company completed advertising the job and is in the process of applying a LMIA for me. Because I had a positive LMIA before, are there any risks for the new LMIA application?

Please advise. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer. The company applied a LMIA for me and got a positive LMIA. However, I just received another job offer and this company completed advertising the job and is in the process of applying a LMIA for me. Because I had a positive LMIA before, are there any risks for the new LMIA application?

No

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Each application will be assessed on it’s own merits.

Oggy76960

Feb 14, 2024
I m getting LMIA for the Position of Hairstylist Apprentice, will it help me to get 50 points to increase my CRS score

Oggy76960

Feb 14, 2024
I m getting LMIA for the Position of Hairstylist Apprentice, will it help me to get 50 points to increase my CRS score

Please tell me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Please tell me
Sure. Did employer pay $1k and file for LMIA? Is it in your name? Do you have an EE profile now and what is your score? Are you in Canada?

Oggy76960

Feb 14, 2024
He just posted on Jobank last month so he will apply next week, my score is 460 if i get LMIA points then it might be 510 and yes i m in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He just posted on Jobank last month so he will apply next week, my score is 460 if i get LMIA points then it might be 510 and yes i m in Canada
Ok. So you could take the job now without a LMIA since you are in Canada. He doesn’t need to apply for a LMIA. As long as you are a hairstylist and have the experience and education, then IRCC should accept it. IRCC will review your profile to make sure you are not just adding 50 points to get PR.

Oggy76960

Feb 14, 2024
There are 2 types of LMIA, 1 is normal in which our work permit get closed and other 1 is PR Supporting LMIA