+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Work Permit Query

cboy46787

Jan 15, 2018
I am currently working with a company as a full time employee after completion of my student Co-op with same company and also got the graduation letter recently from my college as Co-Op is completed in December .I have the approved Global stream LMIA for the same employer .My current TRV(student/co-op permit ) is only valid until march mid so can it cause any problem as I already completed my studies and still doing 40 hrs job without applying the work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am currently working with a company as a full time employee after completion of my student Co-op with same company and also got the graduation letter recently from my college as Co-Op is completed in December .I have the approved Global stream LMIA for the same employer .My current TRV(student/co-op permit ) is only valid until march mid so can it cause any problem as I already completed my studies and still doing 40 hrs job without applying the work permit.
As you have finished your studies and have not applied for a PGWP, you are working illegally, so yes, it can most definitely "cause a problem".