+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Work Permit Query

cboy46787

Jan 15, 2018
I am currently working with a company as a full time employee after completion of my student Co-op with same company and also got the graduation letter recently from my college as Co-Op is completed in December .I have the approved Global stream LMIA for the same employer .My current TRV(student/co-op permit ) is only valid until march mid so can it cause any problem as I already completed my studies and still doing 40 hrs job without applying the work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently working with a company as a full time employee after completion of my student Co-op with same company and also got the graduation letter recently from my college as Co-Op is completed in December .I have the approved Global stream LMIA for the same employer .My current TRV(student/co-op permit ) is only valid until march mid so can it cause any problem as I already completed my studies and still doing 40 hrs job without applying the work permit.
I don't believe you are supposed to be working full time until you've applied for a PGWP. But I could be wrong about that.

sam_2003

Jan 16, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey, I was wondering, why did not apply for work permit cuz u already have LMIA approval.It might be a big problem down the road(i hope u can get over it i pray for u) u r totally working illegally cuz u have to apply for work permit thru LMIA .....as soon as u get the temporary work permit u also update ur sin number at ur local service Canada ( I am not 100% sure about updating ur sin#) plz do not work untill u have the post graduation open work permit or LMIA work permit

renjithravi

Jan 16, 2018
HI

please let me know how to check LMIA approvals and approximate how many months it will take for LMIA ? please assist

thanks #
Renjith Ravi

sam_2003

Jan 16, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey my friend,
i am having problem to understand you cuz u said.... u have LIMA approval & u also have graduation letter from college .......now u r asking me how u can check ur LIMA approval ......sorry my friend i am totally confused ....... Now i am asking u do u have any idea about LIMA & who does that.....after getting the LIMA approval ....what do u have to do next .......i dont thing so u do have any kinda idea .....i hope so ur employer is playing with ya

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Have you applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit? I am working with the company that I had my co-op work term with and I applied for the PGWP as soon as I got the graduation letter as you can't work legally without it as far as I am aware. With a PGWP you don't need LMIA approval as it is an open work permit.

Reactions: scylla