+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA or Direct Hiring

shurick

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all,

I am on work permit from my spouse which studied from september to december, my employer wants to leave me at my job and i would like to stay working for my employer.

Is there a way to have a direct employment or LMIA or how is it done, who can I ask how it is done and what is the process ?
Also will I am working for my employer for 5 months and by the end of march i will have 6 months, I dont have any post secundary education in canada or in my home country, so i also worry about my eligibility.

My visa expires in april and i don't know if i catch up with the processing time.

Thanks !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I am on work permit from my spouse which studied from september to december, my employer wants to leave me at my job and i would like to stay working for my employer.

Is there a way to have a direct employment or LMIA or how is it done, who can I ask how it is done and what is the process ?
Also will I am working for my employer for 5 months and by the end of march i will have 6 months, I dont have any post secundary education in canada or in my home country, so i also worry about my eligibility.

My visa expires in april and i don't know if i catch up with the processing time.

Thanks !
Employer must get LMIA. If approved then you apply for a work permit. The process often take 4-6 months and great employer pays around 1K. I don’t know if you will actually know if LMIA is approved by April.

shurick

Feb 22, 2020
Employer must get LMIA. If approved then you apply for a work permit. The process often take 4-6 months and great employer pays around 1K. I don’t know if you will actually know if LMIA is approved by April.
Do I need to have post secundary education ? It's very confusing how CIC link LMIA with MPNP and i dont qualify for MPNP as I understand

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do I need to have post secundary education ? It's very confusing how CIC link LMIA with MPNP and i dont qualify for MPNP as I understand
LMIA will need to show that there isn’t able to work in Canada who can do the job. If you don’t have some specialized skill it is hard to say there aren’t any Canadians available to do the job. Getting PR becomes much harder without any post secondary education.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You really need to do some more research. An LMIA has zero to do with MPNP. An LMIA is essentially permission from the Canadian governemnt to hire a foreign worker. The employer must meet strict requirements to show that there was not a Canadian citizen/PR available for the job in order to get the LMIA approved.

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
as far as i understand, some province requiring atleast 72 units which is equivalent for their secondary education.
like me, i have my 2 year course from my hometown but when i did the evaluation here in canada equivalent as secondary education only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please i want to comfirm if drima oil is currently recruiting as i sent a mail to report@drimaoil.com to confirm my previous post and they said it's authentic.
It's a scam. The web site is fake and any responses you are getting from the email address are the scammers trying to convince you to give them money. There's no job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Thank you, and you need to give credit card details at the time of submission right and when the time of processing application only they will get the payment right?
Please advise