+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA (low-wage stream) - Accommodation

Lisa1991

Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,

Hope that everyone is staying safe in these crazy times.

Before all this, my partner started the LMIA process, meaning that his employer posted the 3 job ads. The required 4 weeks "up-time" are almost over and we are now looking for the next steps.

While going through the application form, I noticed that in section 9 it asks for accommodation support from the employer.

We already live in Canada since May 2019 and have a signed lease agreement for a room in an apartment unit.

How can we fill out this section since we don't require support from his employer?

Thank you!

Lisa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Hope that everyone is staying safe in these crazy times.

Before all this, my partner started the LMIA process, meaning that his employer posted the 3 job ads. The required 4 weeks "up-time" are almost over and we are now looking for the next steps.

While going through the application form, I noticed that in section 9 it asks for accommodation support from the employer.

We already live in Canada since May 2019 and have a signed lease agreement for a room in an apartment unit.

How can we fill out this section since we don't require support from his employer?

Thank you!

Lisa
I would simply state that the applicant is already living in Canada and does not require accommodation support. The employer can also include evidence (ad) per the detailed LMIA instructions that affording housing options are available.

Make sure one of the ads continues to run until the LMIA processing is completed.