+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia File number

Nov 10, 2017
Hi

1, 10-16 weeks.
Hi... Is it so?
Someone was saying in this forum that as soon as the employer pays the LMIA fees (1000 CAD), they use to get the LMIA Number on the spot.
Is that true? Please let me know the time duration to get the LMIA Number. Thank You in Advance and Awaiting Your Reply. :)

Reactions: karnasaaru

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
If ur lmia supporting pr application it takes 3 month max, here no need fee.
If u just apply for work permit only its 10 days max, and fee 1000 cad.

Good luck

Nov 10, 2017
If ur lmia supporting pr application it takes 3 month max, here no need fee.
If u just apply for work permit only its 10 days max, and fee 1000 cad.

Good luck
Hi Vasuv,

It's nice to hear from You.
My employer has already submitted the "Permanent Resident - Labour Market Impact Assessment Application" form and waiting for the LMIA File Number. It's already been 2-weeks but we are yet to get any response from the "Service Canada". So how much time does it take to get the LMIA file Number, if You are applying for the LMIA with a "Dual Intent"?

... and here I am just talking about the time period required to get the LMIA file Number to track the Status of the LMIA Application online. I think, Your reply is for the time period required to get the Positive/Negative LMIA, right??? Please confirm. :)

Thanks and awaiting Your reply.

Last edited:

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi,
From ur post i assumed that ur application is for dual intent, so it might take 3 to 4 months.

As far a lmia only employer or the consultant will get the reply,not so sure about the file nmbe for lmia, not so sure that u can track status or not.
I know only information about the time period when u receicve the lmia.

Hope u get the answer from my post.

Seniors pls correct my mistake if am wrong.

Cheers

Nov 10, 2017
Hi,
From ur post i assumed that ur application is for dual intent, so it might take 3 to 4 months.

As far a lmia only employer or the consultant will get the reply,not so sure about the file nmbe for lmia, not so sure that u can track status or not.
I know only information about the time period when u receicve the lmia.

Hope u get the answer from my post.

Seniors pls correct my mistake if am wrong.

Cheers
Hi Vasuv,

Thanks for Your Reply...
1. Yes... You are Right. My LMIA Application is of Dual Intent.
2. Yes... You are Right. The Employer or the Consultant only will get the Reply. But they (Service Canada) sends an LMIA File Number also in the response to the Employer or the Consultant, which can be used to Trace LMIA Status through LMIA Tracker. LMIA Tracker asks for an LMIA File Number and email-id to state the Progress of the particular LMIA.

Please correct me, if I am wrong. Also please send me Your Timeline, Starting from submitting an LMIA till PPR! :)

... and what do You mean by "time period to receive the LMIA"?? Does that mean the time period to receive the "Positive or Negative LMIA"???

Thanks and Awaiting Your reply. :)

Last edited:

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
In case if u have applied through consultant, u may not be given the file number, may give you only the outcome as lmia is donsidered very sensitive so they may not give u the file number and they dont want to get disturbed the lmia process. Its my opinion..

Lmia outcome depend upon the wages more the wages faster it may get approved. This is wat i have observed throughout the cic websites..

Still w8ing for my medicals..

Hope i answered your queries..

Cheers

Nov 10, 2017
In case if u have applied through consultant, u may not be given the file number, may give you only the outcome as lmia is donsidered very sensitive so they may not give u the file number and they dont want to get disturbed the lmia process. Its my opinion..
CanadaVisa_123: Yes... That might be the Possibility and I completely agree with You.

Lmia outcome depend upon the wages more the wages faster it may get approved. This is wat i have observed throughout the cic websites..
CanadaVisa_123: I come under the High Wages.

Still w8ing for my medicals..
CanadaVisa_123: Could You please share Your timeline until Medicals...?

Hope i answered your queries...
CanadaVisa_123: Thanks for Your quick replies. It means a lot to me... :)

Cheers
Please check My comments in Your thread! :)