+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia employer interview

gawkr

Oct 14, 2022
My employer submitted lmia in Canada for my role on July 9. They are still awaiting the call for employer interview.

How long does this process take? When can I expect them to get an interview and approval? What are the processing times looking like currently?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer submitted lmia in Canada for my role on July 9. They are still awaiting the call for employer interview.

How long does this process take? When can I expect them to get an interview and approval? What are the processing times looking like currently?
Processing for LMIAs depend on the NOC. Processing for closed work permit depends on where you live.

gawkr

Oct 14, 2022
So that is an executive NOC (VP, CEO role). Ask your employer to follow up with EDSC
They have said that officer is assigned and application is under process however the website currently shows 34 business days for high wage stream and it has been much longer than that.

How reliable & accurate are the numbers esdc posts?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They have said that officer is assigned and application is under process however the website currently shows 34 business days for high wage stream and it has been much longer than that.

How reliable & accurate are the numbers esdc posts?
Everything is backlogged due to high number of applications. Factor in where you live to. Assume your credentials and education match the NOC.

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022

hi, My LMIA application was submitted on July 04 but still no response too. Keep updated with each other if you get any news.

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Any movement on your application?
not yet, how about you? I saw one people apply at the same time on Reddit and he said that his employer called ESDC and they estimate the result will have at end of November. Hope we will have this month. Keep in touch

gawkr

Oct 14, 2022
not yet, how about you? I saw one people apply at the same time on Reddit and he said that his employer called ESDC and they estimate the result will have at end of November. Hope we will have this month. Keep in touch
My employer has received no update but let's hope they clear it this month. I might just start looking for a job elsewhere if they don't. After lmia it's going to take another 5 or 6 months to get the work permit. I don't know if the employer will keep the position vacant for such a long period

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
My employer has received no update but let's hope they clear it this month. I might just start looking for a job elsewhere if they don't. After lmia it's going to take another 5 or 6 months to get the work permit. I don't know if the employer will keep the position vacant for such a long period
Hope we will get it this month.