+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA changes

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone could advise me regarding the changes in the LMIA process if it's an LMIA that supports PR.

It says that the ad has to be on Job Bank (just like before) but only on at least two additional methods of recruitment.

Is that it? It's for an LMIA paid under the provincial's median wage so the ad will have to target the right kind of candidates but I was wondering if there was anything else to do with the ad.

Thank you!!
Cheers

David'sperver

Nov 21, 2017
Hello
My company applied on mid July 2017 , a month ago the company contact me yo Tell me that the government has Made new changes on the ads it Will cause a three months delayed more , if anyone know about LMIA documents sent in july has a response yet

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello
My company applied on mid July 2017 , a month ago the company contact me yo Tell me that the government has Made new changes on the ads it Will cause a three months delayed more , if anyone know about LMIA documents sent in july has a response yet
i do applied on july 2017... but august 28th changes for lmia came to effect..so u need to wait for ad for 1 month then reapply..thats what it happened in my case. it should arrive on or before mid january...do v need to show bank statement for work permit while submittion of documents?

LenaZ

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Guys ! :)
I am 31 years old Polish woman. Now I live and work in Poland. My current occupation is - Corporate Accountant. I work for canadian client so I have a direct contact with them. With my fiance we want to move to Canada. I am wondering if I have a chance to find an employer (in Canada) being in Poland?
Please advise me.

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hi Guys ! :)
I am 31 years old Polish woman. Now I live and work in Poland. My current occupation is - Corporate Accountant. I work for canadian client so I have a direct contact with them. With my fiance we want to move to Canada. I am wondering if I have a chance to find an employer (in Canada) being in Poland?
Please advise me.
jinthobrea...First of all, you try to upload your resume in job bank.Many employer will come across that...if any and ur resume satisfies them ..they will shortlist your profile...they will do in favor of yours on apply for you..you need to confirm that your job is in demand list..give your id..i can send you link

LenaZ

Nov 27, 2017
HI Shaam :) Thx for advicing me. I forgot about Job Bank. I will do it! My job is in Category B so I am eligible in IEC.

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
HI Shaam :) Thx for advicing me. I forgot about Job Bank. I will do it! My job is in Category B so I am eligible in IEC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=pl&cat=wh&#country_category_name

Poland—Working Holiday
As of Friday, November 3, 2017, at 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, this pool is open. If you’re eligible, you can submit your profile now.

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Polish citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip (up to 12 months).

Note: As a Polish citizen, you may participate in IEC twice. You must choose a different category each time. There must be a six-month break between the expiry date of your first Canadian work permit under IEC and the submission date of your second IEC work permit application.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

• be a Polish citizen,
  • have a valid Polish passport for the duration of your stay in Canada—your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
  • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive),
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada,
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay—you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
  • be admissible to Canada,
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you will have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
  • not be accompanied by dependents, and
  • pay the fees.

LenaZ

Nov 27, 2017
Hi, this is not a news for me. I read canada goverment webside and I know about it - procedures IEC. But thank you :)The problem is that if I want to take part in this (IEC - Young Professional program - for me is the best)- before applying - I need to have JOB OFFER and this is the problem. Because it's not easy ( I guess) to find an employer form your family place ( almost 7000km from Canada). That's why I am wondering if I have any chances...

LenaZ

Nov 27, 2017
Also, I need to say that yesterday I've tried to log into Job Bank, but there was a problem because I was asked for Expres Entry code and SIN number. I live in Poland - I don't have these number... Moreover I don't want to go to Canada in Express Entry because I am not eligible (because of many points), so that's why I've choose IEC program...

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Also, I need to say that yesterday I've tried to log into Job Bank, but there was a problem because I was asked for Expres Entry code and SIN number. I live in Poland - I don't have these number... Moreover I don't want to go to Canada in Express Entry because I am not eligible (because of many points), so that's why I've choose IEC program...
many people do go for normal processing..express entry are not easy nowadays depending upon the province..as one forum guy told me when i phoned him recently ==> new Brunswick province have introduced LMIA exempt ....keep seeing cic news for update..many people register and upload resume in it..many people go this..if u prefer IEC program..then its ur wish..good luck..