VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
OzTraveller said:
Please accept my apologies if the question has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if an applicant from a visa exempt country can INSTANTLY get a work permit at the POE, provided they have a positive LMIA? The processing time for a work permit in my country of residence is 5 weeks, and I was thinking I can save some time by applying for my permit at the point of entry if I could get the permit upon landing?

Any help is very much appreciated.
YES (you can get WP at POE if you are visa exempt with only LMIA), barring a few limited professions which involve working in heathcare and necessarily require prior medicals.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
fkl said:
YES (you can get WP at POE if you are visa exempt with only LMIA), barring a few limited professions which involve working in heathcare and necessarily require prior medicals.
Many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Aug 12, 2017
Hello,

Can you help me understand if my profile below is LMIA Approved or not?
Does Employer need to get positive LMIA on every release of offer letter to foreign candidate on same Designation or role or technology?

Designation : Application Development Senior Analyst
Technology: Microsoft Database Development, Data Analytics

NOC : 2172, 2173

If my profile is LMIA approved then can any IT company with this open position offer me the JOB?

Regards,
RPS

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

Can you help me understand if my profile below is LMIA Approved or not?
Does Employer need to get positive LMIA on every release of offer letter to foreign candidate on same Designation or role or technology?

Designation : Application Development Senior Analyst
Technology: Microsoft Database Development, Data Analytics

NOC : 2172, 2173

If my profile is LMIA approved then can any IT company with this open position offer me the JOB?

Regards,
RPS
No,if it is LMIA based job offer and work permit,then you are only tied to specific employer.other companies can't hire you and you can't change employer's unless you don't need LMIA & have open work permit. LMIA exempt are for Express Entry applicant applying for Permanent Residence in Canada with high skilled job/experience & Education.

Nayna

Feb 3, 2018
No,if it is LMIA based job offer and work permit,then you are only tied to specific employer.other companies can't hire you and you can't change employer's unless you don't need LMIA & have open work permit. LMIA exempt are for Express Entry applicant applying for Permanent Residence in Canada with high skilled job/experience & Education.

okay thanks got your point.

Now my follow up question is, what are the chances of me getting a work permit if I travel to Canada on visitors visa try to find the employer then get LMIA approved for the offer and get work permit approval?

Is it worth traveling to Canada on visitors visa without any offer from employer about the job as well as getting a work permit approval by just creating networks with people their from home country?

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
okay thanks got your point.

Now my follow up question is, what are the chances of me getting a work permit if I travel to Canada on visitors visa try to find the employer then get LMIA approved for the offer and get work permit approval?

Is it worth traveling to Canada on visitors visa without any offer from employer about the job as well as getting a work permit approval by just creating networks with people their from home country?
You can't apply for work permit in Canada if you are on visitor visa.It's not worth travelling to Canada on Visitor Visa just to find employer who are willing to sponsor LMIA. Most employers doesn't bother to process for LMIA even they really need Foreign Workers due to process involved in LMIA application and fees and rules.Even you managed to find employers then and got +LMIA then you must exit Canada and apply work permit from your home country/place of residence or you can simply drive to U.S border and send application by Mail at Canadian Embassy in US.(You might need U.S visa or just simply go there,heard it might be possible but not sure.)
If you choose not to,then just find employers and apply for jobs from Canadian Job website like Indeed,Jobbank,Monster etc it takes time and effort to find jobs in Canada but it is better then,going to Canada and searching for job place to place or province to province.

Nayna

Feb 3, 2018
You can't apply for work permit in Canada if you are on visitor visa.It's not worth travelling to Canada on Visitor Visa just to find employer who are willing to sponsor LMIA. Most employers doesn't bother to process for LMIA even they really need Foreign Workers due to process involved in LMIA application and fees and rules.Even you managed to find employers then and got +LMIA then you must exit Canada and apply work permit from your home country/place of residence or you can simply drive to U.S border and send application by Mail at Canadian Embassy in US.(You might need U.S visa or just simply go there,heard it might be possible but not sure.)
If you choose not to,then just find employers and apply for jobs from Canadian Job website like Indeed,Jobbank,Monster etc it takes time and effort to find jobs in Canada but it is better then,going to Canada and searching for job place to place or province to province.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
This really helped to change my mind before making a decision.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply.
This really helped to change my mind before making a decision.
You are welcome,Remember to put good effort into it. Not so,easy many people can't even find any employer for years.
But knowing,How to do helps alot.

Gurbirbhakna

Oct 16, 2018
Please help me
Hello
I applied for farm worker at Delhi canada embessy from india.i got result after two and half month.and they send me an email in which they said want me to send additional documents for further process. And I submitted documents with in fifteen days after got mail.now actually I want to know how much time it will be take after submitting these additional documents.
Thnku​

Reactions: Nlehal

Nlehal

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Please help me
Hello
I applied for farm worker at Delhi canada embessy from india.i got result after two and half month.and they send me an email in which they said want me to send additional documents for further process. And I submitted documents with in fifteen days after got mail.now actually I want to know how much time it will be take after submitting these additional documents.
Thnku​
My friend applied on August 14 still waiting.
He applied under farm worker category lmia from New Delhi.

Can you tell me which work permit or job you applied for?

Thanks.

I hope you hear soon from Delhi office. I guess you have been approved usually that’s when they ask for documents.

Talha ghayas

May 23, 2019
hi.
how are you sir. my lmia 29 jan 2019 on processing.. but todays date 24 may. whats the duration of lmia... am from pakistan