20-Apr
Passport Req..
15-Sept/19-Sept submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
Makeit said:
Hi there, Does this mean that there is no official webpage on which to view Dual Intent LMIA processing times?

I assumed that the Work Permit timeline applied but what you say is true, it is a different department.....is there a way to find out the current status of my employers application? Or do any of you guys have an idea of the time it takes to process dual intent LMIA?

It's my timeline.

Dual intend LMIA.
Ontario Medium wage/Noc 5225.
LMIA filed : 13 Oct 2015.
Add doc,,,etc:Nov 2015.
Interview : 17 Feb 2016.
It's 18"week since filed.
Result : Case officer said 10 business days.

Hope you all the best

Mike

Miketvguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O(CEC-Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
Folks.

My lawyer received official LMIA letter today.

NOC:5255
Ontario Medium wage.
13-Oct-15:Dual intend filed.
17-Feb-16:Employer interviewed by SC.
26-Feb-16:LMIA approved.

Next step will be draw for EE.

Hope you all the best.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruby13 said:
My LMIA approved and applying work permit soon. I am outland as well. My file will go to sydney office in Australia. Plz keep us posted hows your progress going with the file..
Hi Ruby13 my lmia has been approved, I have a question, should my employer apply for work permit or consultant company has to do it with me together to fill the form of work permit?

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Miketvguy said:
Folks.

My lawyer received official LMIA letter today.

NOC:5255
Ontario Medium wage.
13-Oct-15:Dual intend filed.
17-Feb-16:Employer interviewed by SC.
26-Feb-16:LMIA approved.

Next step will be draw for EE.

Hope you all the best.
hi. if it is dual intent LMIA, does it mean it depends on the officer how long he/ she will give the duration of my work permit? it could be a year or so? thanks in advance.

logic_bomb

Nov 3, 2015
Hello ,

I applied online on 10th of Feb 2016 for WP(with +LMIA) for me , OWP for wife ,Study permit for my daughter (5 years old ). Any comments if group application can delay the timeline? I have no update till date.... Processing time in India is shown as 2 months. Can anyone share latest timeline in India.

ss1122

Apr 27, 2015
Hi Guys: Please help. I need to fill form IMM 1295.
There is one Q.
Details of my Prospective employer
a) Name of Employer (If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)

As I have been offered job by Canadian Employer, shall I write Not Applicable on above query or write my Canadian employer name? Confused.
All who have filled IMM 1295 help please !! 8) 8)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ss1122 said:
Hi Guys: Please help. I need to fill form IMM 1295.
There is one Q.
Details of my Prospective employer
a) Name of Employer (If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)

As I have been offered job by Canadian Employer, shall I write Not Applicable on above query or write my Canadian employer name? Confused.
All who have filled IMM 1295 help please !! 8) 8)
CIC probably has changed this a bit. But I don't think it changes the field in any way and you have to provide the same details as your intended employer in Canada.

You have to specify those details in this form. "Not applicable" for this field is only for SOWP or PGWP kind of permits.

Miketvguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O(CEC-Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
Flag Pole/Peace Bridge/Scary---Graduate certificate?--- :eek: what?

I cross the Fort Erie-Peace Bridge today.
I'm from visa exempted country.
Dual intend LMIA approved in end of Feb.

It was typical Flag Pole until officer asked me 'Graduate certificate'.

I prepared,,,
1.LMIA letter
2.Pay stub.
3.Job Certificate.
And
4.Bank statement (for just in case) ;D

Officer went through each document and,,,suddenly he asked me 'Graduate Certificate'...
(I said :eek: 'What?')
To be honest with you I panicked for few seconds,,, :mad:
and I realize my laptop was on my shoulder in the back pack :(.
I asked him to if I open my Laptop and he agreed.
I went through 'WES' e-mail but I wasn't able to find....T T....
I remember I might saved it as PDF,,,
Finally found and show him.

He satisfied and issued me Work permit for 2 years. Hewwwwwwwww

I paid $155CAD.
By the way the CBPA computer was super slow and,,,,snail marathon.

I hope it helps your trip.

Hope you all the best.

logic_bomb

Nov 3, 2015
Guys please help ,
I received passport request this morning, Hopefully I will get my work permit.
I have question about flight ticket , in some threads I read return ticket is needed but my work permit is for 3years and i cant grt one for that duration... I am Indian citizen and willbe travelling with wife And kid...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
logic_bomb said:
Guys please help ,
I received passport request this morning, Hopefully I will get my work permit.
I have question about flight ticket , in some threads I read return ticket is needed but my work permit is for 3years and i cant grt one for that duration... I am Indian citizen and willbe travelling with wife And kid...
Return ticket is only a concern when you are a visitor (trv, going on a trip for six months or less).

No such thing is required for a work permit. If some one (e.g. airlines) asks for this out of ignorance, tell them exactly that - I am going on a work permit of 3 years and there is no such requirement for that.

mulho

Apr 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Miketvguy said:
Flag Pole/Peace Bridge/Scary---Graduate certificate?--- :eek: what?

I cross the Fort Erie-Peace Bridge today.
I'm from visa exempted country.
Dual intend LMIA approved in end of Feb.

It was typical Flag Pole until officer asked me 'Graduate certificate'.

I prepared,,,
1.LMIA letter
2.Pay stub.
3.Job Certificate.
And
4.Bank statement (for just in case) ;D

Officer went through each document and,,,suddenly he asked me 'Graduate Certificate'...
(I said :eek: 'What?')
To be honest with you I panicked for few seconds,,, :mad:
and I realize my laptop was on my shoulder in the back pack :(.
I asked him to if I open my Laptop and he agreed.
I went through 'WES' e-mail but I wasn't able to find....T T....
I remember I might saved it as PDF,,,
Finally found and show him.

He satisfied and issued me Work permit for 2 years. Hewwwwwwwww

I paid $155CAD.
By the way the CBPA computer was super slow and,,,,snail marathon.

I hope it helps your trip.

Hope you all the best.
Hi
I'm a bit confused about your case. As per my understanding, the LMIA does not allow one to have a Work Permit while landing in Canada, but before that, one should apply for a Work Permit, and only after the Work Permit has been approved, one should receive a letter and than land in Canada, where the Work Permit would be issued.
But if you say you've got your LMIA in the end of February and landed in Canada in the beginning of March, I believe you have a different story. Could you give us more detail, please?
Thanks
Mulho

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mulho said:
Hi
I'm a bit confused about your case. As per my understanding, the LMIA does not allow one to have a Work Permit while landing in Canada, but before that, one should apply for a Work Permit, and only after the Work Permit has been approved, one should receive a letter and than land in Canada, where the Work Permit would be issued.
But if you say you've got your LMIA in the end of February and landed in Canada in the beginning of March, I believe you have a different story. Could you give us more detail, please?
Thanks
Mulho
The original poster is from a visa exempt country. In that case, one can just have an LMIA and get a work permit at the port of entry.

Applying for work permit at local embassy and only travel after approval is a condition mandatory only on people belonging to Non visa exempt countries.

Parminder09

Jun 29, 2016
Hi guys, i am Australia return, i want to discuss my work permit application status.

My agent is from canada, currently i am in india. i applied online application of work permit with lmia approval of (sheet metal worker) on 5 April 2016. and i got a confirmation letter of application number. I have 3 years experience from australia since 2010 and i am still working as a sheet metal worker in batala (punjab)my IELTS score is 6.5 overall and 7 in speaking and now i got a job in mohali, this week i am going to update my new job status to my visa application, my processing time for application is over, visa office in chandigarh

another scenario... a guy from jalandhar got lmia of welder from same employer as me, he applied in dec 2015 and he is still waiting for reply even he did not get any enquiry till now.

do i have need to wait this long to get the visa because i talk to my agent now they said the ratio is 70:30 to get visa means 70% rejection

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Please accept my apologies if the question has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if an applicant from a visa exempt country can INSTANTLY get a work permit at the POE, provided they have a positive LMIA? The processing time for a work permit in my country of residence is 5 weeks, and I was thinking I can save some time by applying for my permit at the point of entry if I could get the permit upon landing?

Any help is very much appreciated.