+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Julliet

Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys my LMIA has been approved today, but a bit confused about the whole thing, my consultant sent me this message today;

'Notice of approval from Workforce Development and Labour (EWDL) office has been obtained. Your Application has been considered under Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category .(Open work permit is valid in all provinces).

Can anyone with an idea of the Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category and how it works please help explain in a plain word. Your ideas and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Hey when did you apply and what was timeline

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Hey when did you apply and what was timeline
Applied for for lmia in July 2018, province is BC, Administrative personnel, payment was made in September, number gotten, after that nothing until Februa 2019, my consultant said employer compliance is in process with IRPA, in then May 2nd my consultant sent me an email that approval has been obtained from EWDL, I believe this is the arm of government that issues LMIA. But he said that my application was considered under inland arranged employment, so my LMIA is not tired to any employer and it is valid in all provinces.

NIKESHhh

May 3, 2019
Hello there,
Did you received a positive LMIA? It is because my employer had also filed for lmia in Nov 27 around. But no response till date. Waiting for the call from service canada.

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Hello there,
Did you received a positive LMIA? It is because my employer had also filed for lmia in Nov 27 around. But no response till date. Waiting for the call from service canada.
Yes I did, it was approved under Inland arranged employment/open work permit category, meaning that my LMIA won't be tied to a particular employer and it is valid in all provinces, according to my consultant

luiggi2202

Apr 6, 2019
Yes I did, it was approved under Inland arranged employment/open work permit category, meaning that my LMIA won't be tied to a particular employer and it is valid in all provinces, according to my consultant
That's not how LMIAs work at all, they are meant for closed work permits only, they are employer-specific and location-specific. Maybe what you got is a work permit through a Mobility Program. Anyhow If I were you I'd really try and get clarification from your consultant.

Reactions: Cdaize

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
That's not how LMIAs work at all, they are meant for closed work permits only, they are employer-specific and location-specific. Maybe what you got is a work permit through a Mobility Program. Anyhow If I were you I'd really try and get clarification from your consultant.
I thought as much, cos if you really my previous post regarding this LMIA I said was a bit confused about the whole approval thing. This was the message my consultant sent to me.
"Notice of approval from Workforce Development and Labour (EWDL) office has been obtained Your Application has been considered under Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category .(Open work permit is valid in all provinces,)"
My question is won't this category affect my processing/filing of PR in the future?
Can it be converted to PR through PNP, CEC or FSWP after 2yrs of working with an open work permit?
Your ideas and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
I found this online, what's your thoughts on it.
Canada Arranged Employment Opinion
What is Arranged Employment (AE)?

The purpose of an Arranged Employment (AE), is to have the Canadian government verify a job offer for the purpose of qualifying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or circumventing its cap.
Canadian Immigration undertakes an evaluation of the permanent job offer to ensure that it is genuine and meets Canadian labor market standards under the National Occupational Classification. Most cases require for the employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). If an employer wants to hire someone who is already in Canada, then an additional LMO is not usually required.

Once a candidate qualifies for an arranged employment opinion, Canadian immigration is assured that the individual will arrive in Canada ready to work and contribute to, rather than detract from Canadian social services.

asd178

Sep 21, 2016
Cdaize... if u can send me a direct message or provide me ur watapp number, I would love to give u more clarification, suggestion and possibly updates on my application, that will help ur application.
But from my own point of view, your consultant will be so helpful to give u more insight about what to do. I think u still qualify for a work permit anyway.

luiggi2202

Apr 6, 2019
I found this online, what's your thoughts on it.
Canada Arranged Employment Opinion
What is Arranged Employment (AE)?

The purpose of an Arranged Employment (AE), is to have the Canadian government verify a job offer for the purpose of qualifying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or circumventing its cap.
Canadian Immigration undertakes an evaluation of the permanent job offer to ensure that it is genuine and meets Canadian labor market standards under the National Occupational Classification. Most cases require for the employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). If an employer wants to hire someone who is already in Canada, then an additional LMO is not usually required.

Once a candidate qualifies for an arranged employment opinion, Canadian immigration is assured that the individual will arrive in Canada ready to work and contribute to, rather than detract from Canadian social services.
Well, it says right there that the employer has to apply for the LMO (LMIA). Has an employer applied for your LMIA or just the consultant? How can it be an open work permit if you are meant to work for one employer in one location? I don't mean to discourage you but I think you should be careful with that consultant, there are a lot of scammers around. I hope it's not the case and everything works out for you, good luck!

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi guys,

My employer has applied for LMIA through consultant from aug2018 and the fees deducted from his account In dec2018 in EDMONTON Alberta but still now there is no result.

Is there anyone Else in same situation From alberta.

Please reply

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi guys I applied Lmia December 2018 as a restaurant supervisor from Alberta and received a file # in February but I have heard anything since.Is there anyone in the same situation?Please let me know how long it usually takes
Hi Juliet did you get your LMIA?? I am also in same situation