+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Rex cao

Apr 8, 2019
But my 90 days of restoration is going to be ended at the end of may
The lawyer said I got the new file number, will get the interview call soon, I scared It still takes too long. The lawyer told me I can restore as a visitor to stay, but my country started doing the fingerprint last year. Although I apply for it, I still need to cross aboard which I probably can’t come back

Amitgocha

Nov 7, 2018
I think while applying from home country, it is taking too much time. I am planning to visit canada on visit visa and planning to apply work permit over there. Any idea, if this possible?

Amitgocha

Nov 7, 2018
I think while applying from home country, it is taking too much time. I am planning to visit canada on visit visa and pla

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Applied from home country
Your case is just exceptional. I applied from home country too and it's been Pending Notice of approval from Workforce Development and Labour (EWDL) office | Employer compliance in process with IRPA", since December. Same BC, Richmond. Just keep update with us maybe we could even hook up in BC at the end of the day. Lol

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
I think while applying from home country, it is taking too much time. I am planning to visit canada on visit visa and planning to apply work permit over there. Any idea, if this possible?
I really don't know, but anything is possible tho.

grizzling

Sep 2, 2017
Hi, got my Dual Intent LMIA approved today so thought I would share the timeline with you

NOC 5421 - Graphic designers & Illustrators
Province - Ontario, but the application was processed in St John, NB

Application submitted: April 3
Phone Interview: April 18 (asked for links to the ads + invoices if applicable)
Additional Documents requested: April 25
Approval received by mail: May 1

I was extremely shocked that it took less than a month.

Now hopefully onto Work Permit Extension Approval!

Last edited:

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Hi, got my Dual Intent LMIA approved today so thought I would share the timeline with you

NOC 5421 - Graphic designers & Illustrators
Province - Ontario, but the application was processed in St John, NB

Application submitted: April 3
Phone Interview: April 18 (asked for links to the ads + invoices if applicable)
Additional Documents requested: April 25
Approval received by mail: May 1

I was extremely shocked that it took less than a month.

Now hopefully onto Work Permit Extension Approval!
Wow congratulations on your approval. It's really fast. Please keep us updated

ElsonB

May 1, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have applied for LMIA end of March for bricklayer. Does anyone know processing times for BC? thanks

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Hi guys my LMIA has been approved today, but a bit confused about the whole thing, my consultant sent me this message today;

'Notice of approval from Workforce Development and Labour (EWDL) office has been obtained. Your Application has been considered under Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category .(Open work permit is valid in all provinces).

Can anyone with an idea of the Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category and how it works please help explain in a plain word. Your ideas and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: efemany

grizzling

Sep 2, 2017
Hi guys my LMIA has been approved today, but a bit confused about the whole thing, my consultant sent me this message today;

'Notice of approval from Workforce Development and Labour (EWDL) office has been obtained. Your Application has been considered under Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category .(Open work permit is valid in all provinces).

Can anyone with an idea of the Inland Arranged Employment / AP- Open work permit category and how it works please help explain in a plain word. Your ideas and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
the only thing I could find on that is: https://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-work-permit-aranged-employment.html#gs.9cxgqq

S from mine understanding that would mean you can only use this LMIA for your Express Entry Profile to boost your CSR. Was your LMIA for PR purposes only?