+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

robbie_m90

Jan 28, 2015
jack_is_jack said:
Any updates?

Please, post your timelines if any updates.

I am sure there are dozens of approved LMIAs, but they don't share with us :(
Once they have it, they dont care to share lol

kamenashi

Oct 4, 2016
My employer called SC two months ago, they said the application would be reviewed by next available officer... I see some file numbers which was behind me already got approvals..

I really don't know how to estimate the processing time...by NOC, by type of application or by office location?

Adrian2016

Nov 22, 2016
Folks I think the processing time, really vary from Office to Office, (e.g Vancouver or Saint John).

Another thing that I realize is that it really depends on the wicked discretionary power of the Service Canada Officer, who can be more permissive or more strict.

As an example, my first application was simply refused because was missing one financial statement and I've seen many cases here in this forum that the officer had asked for the missing documents.

Anyway, it's not a rational process and there are lots of possibility for biased interpretation. In many cases, the officer could have had a nice evening with his partner and on being happy give the company a chance to complement information or even being more forgiving.

What we all should be very aware of is that in essence, the SC Officer is looking carefully to find something to refuse the application and force the Company to offer the position to a fellow Canadian.

I would love if everybody who ask for information here, share their final results, no matter if positive or negative. I'll post mine for sure.

Lastly, I think we all should look for the PNP as an option because LMIA's, in my opinion, is now adding fewer points on the EE and is getting hard to obtain.

IsaqFarrukh

Nov 20, 2016
kamenashi said:
My employer called SC two months ago, they said the application would be reviewed by next available officer... I see some file numbers which was behind me already got approvals..

I really don't know how to estimate the processing time...by NOC, by type of application or by office location?
I have the very same question but seems like no one knows...

fiontwk

Dec 2, 2016
Hi everyone! My husband got the job offer in late Aug. It took about 10 weeks for the employer to prepare all the documents. The LMIA application was filed around Nov 16, i guess (the lawyer didn't give us too much details). The LMIA is approved today!
NOC is 2173. Qualified for 10 day processing. Vancouver BC. Hope it helps!

IsaqFarrukh

Nov 20, 2016
Y16v said:
Timeline
28 April start advertising
4 June received file number
18 July send additional docs
Today was the interview from Vancouver service Canada.
Request more documents send from my boss......waiting
Alberta as a cook
So u have been waiting around six months from the date ur boss applied LMIA?

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
Y16v said:
Finally lmia approved!!!!!!!!

One question . I have to book one way ticket or with return
KINDLY SHARE YOUR NOC AND TIME LINE
ALSO ADVISE ARE YOU INSIDE OR OUTSIDE CANADA
THANKS A LOT

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
Hi All!

Quick question. Does employer on lmia application need to specify whether employee wants to stay temporarily or permanently?

I am asking because my employer applied for an Lmia and asked me this question, do I want to stay in Canada permanently? As you can imagine I've said yes, hoping to get the extra 600 points, but seems that after they introduced changes on the 19th of Nov I will get only 50 points instead, which of course doesn't make my profile stand out from the pool :(

Can I apply for tfw visa, if employer submit application for permanent lmia? I've tried to look online at the forms that employer needs to fill out, but there is no mention whether its a temporary or permanent lmia application form ( referring to application form: EMP5576)?

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
Hi Friends,

myself and my husband are under restoration status. myhusband is planning to apply LMIA. I read the thread here that processing time is approximately 3 to 4 months for LMIA. Hope after waiting so long if my husband gets positive LMIA does he can start working immediately? or he has to apply for another LMIA based work permit? How lond does it take? Please advise. Thanks

Hope81

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi everyone

Asking if anybody here applied LMIA as retail sales manager. NOC 0621. Median wage 31.50. From Alberta.
Please share your timeline.
Thanks

FROST4190

Nov 15, 2016
burakpesen said:
I applied for cook in alberta. Last week rejected. If again apply can i have positive result guys? Any experience any suggest to me?
Please can you share why your application got rejected. Thank you

man8434

Oct 6, 2016
robbie_m90 said:
Once they have it, they dont care to share lol
i am still waiting for the decision.. Applied last week of july for position network admin from BC to saint john prcssng centr.
File number received on 10 Aug.
Interview on 30th nov asked for additional docs Still waiting for decision.
Some findings to share.
1. First come first serve doesn't apply.
2. 10 days processing not in effect due to backlog.
3. To finish the backlog ,they have hired new officers, who are on 3 month probation just like other job,so they are taking time to review, interview and decision.

i was in US on 10 yr b1/b2 when applied, now i already entered canada on visitor. so not sure its inside or outside.

i hope my post ll answer most of the queries.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a question about LMIA processing. I am international student and my husband is PR and applied as a sponsor in outland class. However, I have a job offer for January and I need work permit. I wonder how I can apply for that. I checked there is LMIA exemption A70 but not sure it fits me or not. Now I have a question about LMIA , how the employer will do it? Is it straightforward?