+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
man8434 said:
Yes , you are right wage will not be a problem.
Thank you so much for you reply.
I was worrying too much as my salary per hour is less then 5 dollars as per job bank site.
Have you previously got any lmia ?

Abs1974

Nov 5, 2016
I am new in this forum. Just want to know if there's any one here who have same case like me.
Im currently in Calgary AB. My work permit expired last Oct 22, 2016.I am still working with them. My current employer applied LMIA for with PR with Food Service Supervisor position.

September 6,2016- submitted LMIA with all documents required including ads.

September 20,2016- my employer received an email from Service Canada that they received the application last Sept 12,2016 and they are requesting a copy of one of national ads ( which we submitted already ). It mentioned that due to missing info, application is not eligible for priority processing times ( 10 business days ). The required ad to be fax to the office. We faxed the required docs last Sept 26, 2016.

September 30,2016- My employer got a postal mail from Saint Johns that they received the application and enclosed the receipt of payment and the File Number.
" Please be advised that due to an excessive amd unxpected high volume of applications being received, our processing time has been severely affected and 10 days service will not be met at this time."

October 9, 2016- I applied for my change of status with same employer ( my agent told me it is Work Permit application ) submitted to Vegreville AB.

Until now no updates and my employer didn't receive any calls yet and even email for an interview. Hope anyone can share their experience or knowledge on this case. Thank you.

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
Abs1974 said:
I am new in this forum. Just want to know if there's any one here who have same case like me.
Im currently in Calgary AB. My work permit expired last Oct 22, 2016.I am still working with them. My current employer applied LMIA for with PR with Food Service Supervisor position.

September 6,2016- submitted LMIA with all documents required including ads.

September 20,2016- my employer received an email from Service Canada that they received the application last Sept 12,2016 and they are requesting a copy of one of national ads ( which we submitted already ). It mentioned that due to missing info, application is not eligible for priority processing times ( 10 business days ). The required ad to be fax to the office. We faxed the required docs last Sept 26, 2016.

September 30,2016- My employer got a postal mail from Saint Johns that they received the application and enclosed the receipt of payment and the File Number.
" Please be advised that due to an excessive amd unxpected high volume of applications being received, our processing time has been severely affected and 10 days service will not be met at this time."

October 9, 2016- I applied for my change of status with same employer ( my agent told me it is Work Permit application ) submitted to Vegreville AB.

Until now no updates and my employer didn't receive any calls yet and even email for an interview. Hope anyone can share their experience or knowledge on this case. Thank you.
Are you staying even after your visa expiry
if yes please change your status to visitor visa
LMIA Processing time is unpredictable now, so many people are getting delay letter just like you got. LMIA processing time will take up 3 months to 6 months. There are few people who got lmia after 8 - 12 months as well. If your job advertising, prevailing wage are satisfied then lmia can be released within 6 months. If your company has previously got positive lmia then the processing time can be less than 3 months. Sometimes office visit and phone interview will be there.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Because you had applied before your work visa expired you can work for the same employer. You have 90 (or 60, I am not sure) days to proof a positive LMIA for Immigration.
Good luck to get positive LMIA in time.

AVIS RAKNAS said:
Are you staying even after your visa expiry
if yes please change your status to visitor visa
LMIA Processing time is unpredictable now, so many people are getting delay letter just like you got. LMIA processing time will take up 3 months to 6 months. There are few people who got lmia after 8 - 12 months as well. If your job advertising, prevailing wage are satisfied then lmia can be released within 6 months. If your company has previously got positive lmia then the processing time can be less than 3 months. Sometimes office visit and phone interview will be there.

singhpb02

Nov 7, 2016
hello all

my employer received interview call on oct 17 2016 and the officer told him to send PD7A forms on email he will send to the employer but employer didn't received any email but after he called the officer at SC he checked and he was typing wrong email address for about 1 week but anyhow he sent the email to the employer and my employer sent the asked documents to sc but now its 10 days and there is no email or phone call from service Canada so please can anybody tell me what to do , or do i ask my employer to call sc so as to know what is going on.
thanks.

burakpesen

Sep 20, 2016
Hi guys.
My employer had a phone interview and rejected. So can we object the result? We dont accept their answer, so maybe if we object ,they can change their mind and give chance again interview. İs it possible ?

hawkeye007

May 9, 2016
Hi, when did you submit your application ?
Please share,Thanks.

singhpb02 said:
hello all

my employer received interview call on oct 17 2016 and the officer told him to send PD7A forms on email he will send to the employer but employer didn't received any email but after he called the officer at SC he checked and he was typing wrong email address for about 1 week but anyhow he sent the email to the employer and my employer sent the asked documents to sc but now its 10 days and there is no email or phone call from service Canada so please can anybody tell me what to do , or do i ask my employer to call sc so as to know what is going on.
thanks.

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
singhpb02 said:
i submitted my file on july 28,2016 and the 1000 fees was deducted on 10 august 2016
So I submitted my application on sept 14 and they received on 19th but they returned my application on September 27 due to Missing documents. Now i have recent my application on October 28. Wonder if this will be considered as new application or they will process the old file number. Also that the time period i lost during application returned and resent will that be considered as part of the wait time of about 3-6 months. Any replies are appreciated.
Thank you

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Reena87 said:
So I submitted my application on sept 14 and they received on 19th but they returned my application on September 27 due to Missing documents. Now i have recent my application on October 28. Wonder if this will be considered as new application or they will process the old file number. Also that the time period i lost during application returned and resent will that be considered as part of the wait time of about 3-6 months. Any replies are appreciated.
Thank you
It will be considered as a new application

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Please let me know when you hear any updates from Service Canada.
My Employer have applied LMIA on Nov 7th 2016 and wait time started :)

Thanks

Jason0623

Oct 9, 2016
kagopala said:
Please let me know when you hear any updates from Service Canada.
My Employer have applied LMIA on Nov 7th 2016 and wait time started :)

Thanks
From early of june still waiting