+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
alekspara said:
Thank you Shamrock!! Congratulations to you as well!! I still can't believe it after such a long wait... We both waited for a long time and it's amazing that eventually everything went well...
I couldn't sleep at nights because of the stress and now I can't sleep because of the excitement :D ;)
Congrats to both Alekspara and Shermock. In my last post I wrote that the more you wait the more is the chance of getting positive LMIA. Good to see that it was true for all of us.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
robin123 said:
Congrats to both Alekspara and Shermock. In my last post I wrote that the more you wait the more is the chance of getting positive LMIA. Good to see that it was true for all of us.
yes, exactly robin123, I remember what you said last time, I just use your words to encourage myself, finally we released all the stress. We are lucky!

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Pink81 said:
Congrats.
May i know which province are you?
We have the same timeline but my employer still has no update for my LMIA

[/quote
I'm in bc. I believe you will get updated very soon as well. If it doesn't, you can just apply for escolation after 25 weeks. You'll be fine!

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
alekspara said:
Yayyyyyyyyy!!! Finally my LMIA application got approved ...
Congrats!

Also I want to thank Funbox for spending time answering so many questions that are posted on this thread!

As for my case, my employer sent out my LMIA application in late April. Since then he hasn't been interviewing many candidates and that worries me. It would suck if he does not have too much to show in terms of post-LMIA submission interviews when he gets asked to show proof by the government.

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
alekspara said:
Yayyyyyyyyy!!! Finally my LMIA application got approved after 27 weeks!!!
Here's some information regarding my application

Application submitted: December 2015
File number issued: End of December 2015
Extra documents request: January 2016
Escalation request: June 2016 because we exceeded 25 weeks of waiting
Interview call: June 29th
Approved the same day and approval letter was sent by Fax.
After 6 months it's finally over...

Never lose faith guys even if you have to wait for a long period of time!! I want to wish good luck to all of you and I hope that you'll get your positive results as soon as possible.
congrats Alekspara,
Can you tell me how excactly we can request for escalation? Because i have exceeded 25 weeks.

Thank you

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
patelsandip21 said:
congrats Alekspara,
Can you tell me how excactly we can request for escalation? Because i have exceeded 25 weeks.

Thank you
Call service Canada Call centre no. with your file number and explain the agent about your file and inform them that you want to escalate your file. Here escalation means kind of expedition the processing of your file which you can request SC if it is crossed 25 weeks.

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
patelsandip21 said:
congrats Alekspara,

Thank you
Hello patelsandip,
We didn't have to fill any forms or something. He just called, talked to an agent using our file number and the agent directed the request himself because it was over 25 weeks. After that we just waited...

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
One more question:

My NOC is 2142 in Calgary.

There is no median wage for this NOC on job bank website. In this case, is there any other sources that I can check the median wage?

Thanks

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
nima2000 said:
One more question:

There is no median wage for this NOC on job bank website. In this case, is there any other sources that I can check the median wage?

Thanks
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_bynoc.do?noc=2142&reportOption=wage

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
nima2000 said:
One more question:

Thanks
If the median wage is listed as “N/A” for the local area (economic region) where the work is located, employers should consult the provincial/territorial level wage. If this wage is not available, employers should consult the national wage.

Source: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/median_wage/high/working_conditions.page

LCC1111

Jun 14, 2016
Hi guys,

One quick question. If I apply the LMIA only for support PR, should the application include Schedule C ( transition plan )?

Thanks for any reply!

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
LCC1111 said:
Hi guys,

One quick question. If I apply the LMIA only for support PR, should the application include Schedule C ( transition plan )?

Thanks for any reply!
Same question.

sbtcak

Jun 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I have been following this forum since I applied for LMIA at the end of January.
It has been very helpful and encouraging to see people who are in the same situation.
25 weeks is going to pass very soon and I was thinking of asking my agent to contact service Canada.

here is my information

job category: pastry chef (NOC 6252)
province: BC
wage: $15/hour
documents sent on Jan. 26th
file number received on February 10

I wanted to ask you guys today if the positive LMIA assessment and work permit are depended on my previous work experience.
For example, I only had 6 months of work experience as a pastry chef at the time of my application. My employer knows the situation but they saw potential in me and agreed to apply for LMIA.
I spoke with the agent about it before applying but they did not say one way or the other.
Does less experience mean less chance?
What do you guys think?