+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
Funbox said:
I believe there is no problem calling them, but I'm pretty sure they will not provide any useful information. They always say the same: "It's being processed".

Regarding your visa, the link below might be useful for you. <link here>
Hi Funbox,

Is the link you gave me for people who wants to extend Post-Graduate Work Permit while waiting for LMIA/CAQ to apply for LMIA-based work permit/open work permit?

I downloaded the form "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" and I didn't see the section "Details of Intended Work in Canada" in the form...

Thank you.

Mehul8789

May 21, 2014
Hello Friends,

My noc is 7237 welder and wages offer by employer is 24.50 and region is toronto.
Apply last week for LMIA.
Can any one tell me that am I eligible for 10 days processing?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
danieltiendat said:
Hi Funbox,

Is the link you gave me for people who wants to extend Post-Graduate Work Permit while waiting for LMIA/CAQ to apply for LMIA-based work permit/open work permit?

I downloaded the form "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" and I didn't see the section "Details of Intended Work in Canada" in the form...

Thank you.
That's a good one. I'm not sure. I suggest calling to Service Canada and ask this question.

pliscki

Feb 21, 2016
Funbox said:
Thank you. It is high wage. Even so the first attempt took 20 weeks.
It's all about how good and well organized the application documents are. If you eliminate the need of requesting additional documents, you will speed up the processing time.
Hi Funbox,
Do you know why your first attempt was rejected?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
pliscki said:
Hi Funbox,
Do you know why your first attempt was rejected?
One of the advertisement was posted for a month and its expiration date was prior to 3 months before the application.
My employer took too long to sent the files. In the second attempt we kept the position posted during all the process on three websites (Job Bank, Indeed and Workopolis).

ersad786

Jun 16, 2016
Funbox said:
One of the advertisement was posted for a month and its expiration date was prior to 3 months before the application.
My employer took too long to sent the files. In the second attempt we kept the position posted during all the process on three websites (Job Bank, Indeed and Workopolis).
same thing was happend to my case also.but still waiting for LMIA approval ,its now 16 weeks completed.Despite my occupation is MACHINIST,which has to process under 10 days processing time as per sc commitment, but nothing is improving ,going sluggish.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
ersad786 said:
same thing was happend to my case also.but still waiting for LMIA approval ,its now 16 weeks completed.Despite my occupation is MACHINIST,which has to process under 10 days processing time as per sc commitment, but nothing is improving ,going sluggish.
The 10 days processing time is only valid if your application has all the documents. For instance, if ESDC has to ask for additional documents, the 10 days processing time is ignored. In my first application, they had to ask for additional documents and the statement below was in the email.

Under 10 days processing:

Your application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment cannot be processed within 10 days as the application is missing supporting documentation(s) and /or some clarifications are required as mentioned above.

Applications removed from 10 day processing are processed by date of receipt; an officer will contact you to review the application as soon the application is reviewed. The application will be processed during normal time frames after the above required documentation(s) and/ or clarifications requested, if applicable, are received. We have received a significant amount of applications under this program stream this may also impact the timeframe for contact and your decision.

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hey Guys,
If get LMIA it means your work visa is guarantee ?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hey guys, I'm so excited today, coz we got the LMIA approved after totally 5 months waiting since the filed date. We submitted in the mid of January, got file number in the end of January. The employer got interview call last Thursday and we got faxed approval letter this morning! I still couldn't believe it's true! I wish other sufferers here all will get good news soon. Good luck to everyone!

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Yayyyyyyyyy!!! Finally my LMIA application got approved after 27 weeks!!!
Here's some information regarding my application

Application submitted: December 2015
File number issued: End of December 2015
Extra documents request: January 2016
Escalation request: June 2016 because we exceeded 25 weeks of waiting
Interview call: June 29th
Approved the same day and approval letter was sent by Fax.
After 6 months it's finally over...

Never lose faith guys even if you have to wait for a long period of time!! I want to wish good luck to all of you and I hope that you'll get your positive results as soon as possible.

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Shamrock16 said:
Congratulations Alekspara! I'm just as happy as you today! Finally we all stepped forward! It's unbelievable ;D
Thank you Shamrock!! Congratulations to you as well!! I still can't believe it after such a long wait... We both waited for a long time and it's amazing that eventually everything went well...
I couldn't sleep at nights because of the stress and now I can't sleep because of the excitement :D ;)

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Shamrock16 said:
Hey guys, I'm so excited today, coz we got the LMIA approved after totally 5 months waiting since the filed date. We submitted in the mid of January, got file number in the end of January. The employer got interview call last Thursday and we got faxed approval letter this morning! I still couldn't believe it's true! I wish other sufferers here all will get good news soon. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats.
May i know which province are you?
We have the same timeline but my employer still has no update for my LMIA