Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hey Guys ,
My Lawyer submit my application to Canada services at 20th June for BC
I dont know when I get answer from them but I hope you all get good news asap.
I have an question: if you have immigration application for canada , have some negative influence on your request or not?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Ahora said:
Hey Guys ,
My Lawyer submit my application to Canada services at 20th June for BC
I dont know when I get answer from them but I hope you all get good news asap.
I have an question: if you have immigration application for canada , have some negative influence on your request or not?
The LMIA is applied by an employer and not by a foreign worker.
That being said, it doesn't matter if you have any other kind of application in progress or not. The only information provided about the foreign worker in the application form is the name, age and nationality.
Good luck.

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
raisa786e2010 said:
Hi Robin,
First pf all Congress for your approval my question is what mean by File Escalation request
here is my timeline

Noc: 2175 (Calgary)
Application Submit: 27 November 2015
File No Received: First week December
Additional docs req: 15th Feb, 2016
Add docs Submitted: 18th February, 2016
Interview call- 15 march 2016

After that not nothing come out still waiting long time nearly 7 month (30 weeks)
could you suggest me what i need to do my employer said wait but as you know is long time.

Thanks
Raisa

Hi Raisa

As you said your application has been pending for almost 30 weeks so now your employer or lawyer can request service Canada for the file escalation. This is very simple. Call service Canada call centre no. Make sure your file no is ready While talk to agent. Here escalation means kind of expedition the processing of your file which you can request SC if it is crossed 25 weeks. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Good luck.

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Funbox said:
The LMIA is applied by an employer and not by a foreign worker.
That being said, it doesn't matter if you have any other kind of application in progress or not. The only information provided about the foreign worker in the application form is the name, age and nationality.
Good luck.
Thanks for your useful information :)

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hi guys,
Sorry a basic question. I just want to start the LIMA application. I am working full time as a pipeline integrity engineer in Alberta and my rmployer is willing to help me for the process.
1) where can I find all the forms and requirment
2) i have heard there is a min wage that I need to have to be able to apply. How much is that?
3) any idea on the processing time.

Thanks a lot for your help

Any ine can help me with this please. Really appreciate your help.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
nima2000 said:
Any ine can help me with this please. Really appreciate your help.
- All information you need for the application is here: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/permanent/apply.page
- Remember that who applies for a LMIA are employers and not foreign workers. So, your employer is who must apply. This application has many requirements such as advertisement. It is not just filling a form and sending it away. If you are not familiar with the process, I suggest hiring a immigration consult.
- The wage is determined by NOC (position). You need to figure out what your NOC is. For instance: Median wage for a Pipeline Worker in Toronto is 29.47. Source: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_bynoc.do?&noc=7442&reportOption=wage
- The wage needs to be equal or greater than the wage from Job Bank for your NOC and location.
- There isn't a standard processing time. It depends on each application. It can take 2 weeks or 4 months.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi Guys,

When it come to adverstisement, is it true that once source should be workopolis or monster website ?
Both of them are paid sites.

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
robin123 said:
If your application pending for a decision more than 25 weeks then you can ask service Canada for the Escalation of your file. But remember you only ask for the escalation if it is crossed 25 weeks.
Hello,

From Where did you find about this process? Do you have any link for this. I am asking because I am waiting for about 24 weeks.

Thank you.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
LMIA 1 (Rejected):

NOC: 2174 - Computer Programmer
Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 11, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015
Additional Documents Replied: Nov 4, 2015
Employer Called to ESDC Asking For Updates: Nov 19, 2015
Interview: Jan 15, 2016
Result (Negative): January 22, 2016 (the day we got the response by e-mail)
20 weeks

LMIA 2 (Approved):

NOC: 2174 - Computer Programmer
Sent to ESDC: Jun 1, 2016
Phone Interview: July 14, 2016 (new job offer was sent to ESDC after the call)
Result (Positive): June 24, 2016 (the day that we got the paper letter by mail)
24 days

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Funbox said:
- All information you need for the application is here: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/permanent/apply.page
- Remember that who applies for a LMIA are employers and not foreign workers. So, your employer is who must apply. This application has many requirements such as advertisement. It is not just filling a form and sending it away. If you are not familiar with the process, I suggest hiring a immigration consult.
- The wage is determined by NOC (position). You need to figure out what your NOC is. For instance: Median wage for a Pipeline Worker in Toronto is 29.47. Source: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_bynoc.do?&noc=7442&reportOption=wage
- The wage needs to be equal or greater than the wage from Job Bank for your NOC and location.
- There isn't a standard processing time. It depends on each application. It can take 2 weeks or 4 months.
Thanks a lot for the info.

My NOC is 2142 in Calgary, and There is no median wage for this NOC on job bank website. In this case, is there any other sources that I can check the min wage?
Also my employer will apply for me.

Last question, I have been working in this company for almot 18 months. How the advertising is gonna work? Does my employer need to show the ads which they posted 18 months ago?! And if they have not advetised this position at that time , can they do it know?

Thanks again for the help

ersad786

Jun 16, 2016
Hey guys.
My employer had applied for lmia in ontario on 16 March 2016.but still not get any response. 2 times they replied to sign job offer with current date .how bad service canada process .

ersad786

Jun 16, 2016
Dear same thing is happening with me also .my employer had applied on 16 March. And I have 2 times receive request for service canada yo sign job offer.
I can't understand why they are asking for sign job offer .disgusting process in ontario.

ersad786

Jun 16, 2016
Funbox said:
The processing time depends on many factors like location, job position, whether all the required documents were sent correctly or not. It's hard to say a time because it is very specific for each application. There were people from this blog that got a positive LMIA within 2 weeks and people that are waiting it for more than 25 weeks. Good luck.
But why they asked for sign job offer with current date for 2 times.and don't know how much time will ask in future.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
alekspara said:
Congratulations Funbox!!! That was really fast. I assume it's the high wage stream right?
Thank you. It is high wage. Even so the first attempt took 20 weeks.
It's all about how good and well organized the application documents are. If you eliminate the need of requesting additional documents, you will speed up the processing time.