+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
janez179 said:
Finally good news for me as well:

My employer emailed me that service Canada has granted my LMIA.

I'm so happy this waiting is over and that I can finally move on. I was losing hope lately.

Here below are the details about my case

NOC 7411 - NB - St John
Standard LMIA from outside Canada
LMIA submitted on January 29th
What I've been told is that for some mysterious reasons the file was created only on April the 7th and issued file number.
My case along with others got delayed 39 days due to the Syrian refugees matter, only 2 agents handling applications and also once they asked for more documents to employer.
Today positive response.
Overall waiting 18 weeks. Leaving to Canada within the next 2 weeks from now. I'm very happy about that.
I wish you all good luck and a lot of patience. Be strong and focus on something else while waiting God knows I've tried but some days it's just too much frustration.
Cheers to all of you waiting!!!
so happy to see your good news! Finally you got your life step forward. Thank you to share with us and give other suffering people some faith. Good luck to another fellows!

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
That's very good and encouraging news. Congratulations to all of you guys and good luck to the rest of us that are waiting.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Joejo said:
The SC asked why we didn't hire the Canadian/PR who applied for the job and whether the person named in the application currently working for him. The interview didn't take even 5 minutes and the SC was super friendly. and she said she will send the approval letter by today
Many thanks!

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello everybody,
Is there anyone here who has been waiting more than 20 weeks for his LMIA? I'm currently in the 23rd week...

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
alekspara said:
Hello everybody,
Is there anyone here who has been waiting more than 20 weeks for his LMIA? I'm currently in the 23rd week...
I've seen a couple of cases, but no more than this. Have you received a file number?
Have they requested any additional documents? Each application has its own peculiarities. Is your application for a low or high wage stream?

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hi Funbox,
We have received a file number a few days after they received the application in December. When we received the file number they also called and asked for some documents but the agent clarified that they weren't processing the application that time (only a couple of weeks after it was submitted) just requested some documents for the application. Nothing since then and it's about 5 months!!
We have called them plenty of times but they keep repeating that the application is still processing...
It's for low wage stream - skilled position- not dual intent- outside of Canada.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
alekspara said:
Hello everybody,
My employer applied an LMIA on Dec 22nd and we got the approval by May 26. Almost 23 weeks...Hopefully you will get your result soon...

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
alekspara said:
Hi Funbox,
We have received a file number a few days after they received the application in December. When we received the file number they also called and asked for some documents but the agent clarified that they weren't processing the application that time (only a couple of weeks after it was submitted) just requested some documents for the application. Nothing since then and it's about 5 months!!
We have called them plenty of times but they keep repeating that the application is still processing...
It's for low wage stream - skilled position- not dual intent- outside of Canada.
I believe the low wage stream goes slower, but anyway , 23 weeks is a lot. I know how frustrating it is. Service Canada doesn't give any information about the applications.

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Joejo said:
My employer applied an LMIA on Dec 22nd and we got the approval by May 26. Almost 23 weeks...Hopefully you will get your result soon...
Thanks Joejo,
Hopefully I'm close too because it's a long wait and I'm starting to lose faith.
Funbox said:
I believe the low wage stream goes slower, but anyway , 23 weeks is a lot. I know how frustrating it is. Service Canada doesn't give any information about the applications.
Indeed the low wage stream is significantly slower but it's crazy how Service Canada keeps repeating that the average timeline is 10 weeks while I'm standing at 23!! It's unbelievable and I hope It will be over soon...

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
alekspara said:
Hello everybody,
hi,
same for me as well. applied on jan 10,2016. got file no on feb 15...still waiting.

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Mine skilled lmia submitted
Jan 18
File number feb 8
And still waiting
Goodluck to all of us who are patiently waiting

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hey guys,
My employer will submit my LIMA application in this week for NOC 1122 , Question is is there any processing time to get that ?
And processing time is same for all occupations ?

sri_lav

May 31, 2016
Hi

I am a resident of India. My husband is working for a MNC at Bangalore and the company filed for a work permit under LMIA Exempt and a TRV for myself.
I am working in a MNC as a Software Engineer. The application is filed on May 11th 2016.
When my husband asked his travel desk team who filed the permit, they informed him that it would take minimum 15 days.
Any idea how much time it takes for the permit to be approved?

Thank you.