+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Anybody here had the experience to apply for a LMIA with a contract containing Salary + Stock Options as compensation?

This information is very important for me, because it will make the difference between the regular or the 10-day speed of service application.

If I just get my salary compensation and divide by 40h/week of work, it will get into $41.66/h that is slightly below the $43.25/h average for Software Engineers (NOC 2173) in Ontario, following the table provided by Jobbank. If I can be able to add my stock options (that are part of my negotiation process with the employee), then I certainly get my average above the $43.25 and get my application processed faster, but I have no idea of how to that calculation.

Anyone ever heard about that or applied to an LMIA receiving a compensation more than salary?

Any information would be very helpful, thanks.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diaswrd said:
Hello,

Anybody here had the experience to apply for a LMIA with a contract containing Salary + Stock Options as compensation?

This information is very important for me, because it will make the difference between the regular or the 10-day speed of service application.

If I just get my salary compensation and divide by 40h/week of work, it will get into $41.66/h that is slightly below the $43.25/h average for Software Engineers (NOC 2173) in Ontario, following the table provided by Jobbank. If I can be able to add my stock options (that are part of my negotiation process with the employee), then I certainly get my average above the $43.25 and get my application processed faster, but I have no idea of how to that calculation.

Anyone ever heard about that or applied to an LMIA receiving a compensation more than salary?

Any information would be very helpful, thanks.
As much as I know you should have at least 30 hours per week
http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/helpcentre/faq.aspx?m=f&cid=3&qid=449

Hope I am not wrong ::)

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LinaD said:
As much as I know you should have at least 30 hours per week

Hope I am not wrong ::)
Haha yes! I've also thought about the same workaround. If I change my contract to 37.5 instead of 40 hours/week, I get the desired result.

However, I'm kind of afraid of that because most of my ads are posted asking for full-time (40h) applicants.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
diaswrd said:
Haha yes! I've also thought about the same workaround. If I change my contract to 37.5 instead of 40 hours/week, I get the desired result.

However, I'm kind of afraid of that because most of my ads are posted asking for full-time (40h) applicants.
Full-time in Canada doesn't mean 40 hours/week. You should not have any problem unless the 40 hours are explicitly specified in the ads.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
Full-time in Canada doesn't mean 40 hours/week. You should not have any problem unless the 40 hours are explicitly specified in the ads.
Hi Funbox, can you tell me how many days after interview the answer came to employer?

Miketvguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O(CEC-Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr
Passport Req..
15-Sept/19-Sept submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
Folks.

My lawyer received official LMIA letter today.

NOC:5255
Ontario Medium wage.
13-Oct-15:Dual intend filed.
17-Feb-16:Employer interviewed by SC. 17" week since filed
26-Feb-16:LMIA approved. 18" week since filed

Next step will be draw for EE.

Hope you all the best.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miketvguy said:
Folks.

Ontario Medium wage.

Hope you all the best.
Concratulation, lucky you. Are you going to apply for work permit or just for EE, and are you outside of Canada or inside? I am waiting too for respond, employer had interview in 17 Sep still no letter from SC

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Miketvguy said:
Folks.

Ontario Medium wage.

Congratulations Miketvguy! Kudos!

Now that you have your positive LMIA when will you enter the code/number into your EE profile? I mean, is there a deadline? Will you do immediately?

Hope you all the best.

mutablelambda

May 15, 2015
Miketvguy said:
Folks.
Ontario Medium wage.
Congrats. What kind of NOC is that? I cannot google it.
Why are you waiting for the draw? Isn't it another 6 months of waiting? Can't you just apply for Work Permit? And get PR through EE while already being in Canada?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
I have a bad news! My LMIA was rejected by SC and the reason was that 'the employer is unable to fulfill the employment terms'. My employer applied on the 22nd December and got interview call on the 18th January. We received the rejection letter by mail on the 16th February, which was dated 28th January.

Now we have to start the whole process again... It was LMIA to support PR...

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joejo said:
I have a bad news! My LMIA was rejected by SC and the reason was that 'the employer is unable to fulfill the employment terms'. My employer applied on the 22nd December and got interview call on the 18th January. We received the rejection letter by mail on the 16th February, which was dated 28th January.

Now we have to start the whole process again... It was LMIA to support PR...
Sorry to hear that, did you used counsalten company to fill your application, and what were the terms that employer didn't filled?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi! Was wondering if anyone here got a positive LMIA without even hiring a consultant or immigration lawyer?

Thanks!

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an status update here.

My company called the ESDC office today and the officer confirmed they don't consider stock options/shares as remuneration and it should not be included in the hourly rate calculation, only plain salary is accepted.

Hope it can be useful for anyone else in the future.

Cheers.