+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

vicksandhu

Aug 11, 2012
Hi, my employer applied for lmia through lawyer 28 Oct, he is still saying he didnt recieved the file number . Does it really takes that long or he is making fool out of me >?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
vicksandhu said:
Hi, my employer applied for lmia through lawyer 28 Oct, he is still saying he didnt recieved the file number . Does it really takes that long or he is making fool out of me >?
Not sure why you felt the need to start a new thread AND ask here but yes, it can take time, the whole process can take upto 4 months, sometimes longer depending on circumstances.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
vicksandhu said:
You should have a file number by now. It has happened before that the application doesn't arrive or they don't receive it for some reason. If you scroll back through the thread you will see a few cases of this happening. Get your lawyer to call up to see if they received the application.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
We did not get file number, only when our lawyer called them why.they told in some case they do not give file number because they have too much job...they create file number only when they take the payment. But if you do not get it in 1-2 weeks your lawyer can call them and ask.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
preet93 said:
Hi Guys,
I need help. I am currently working on my post graduation work permit. aA it's getting harder for Canadian experience class people to apply for PR i was thinking to apply for IMIA to get 600 points in express entry. My company is really big companies so they have a HR department and everything. When i got the jobs i have gone through their selection process. As i got work permit so they didn't need to apply for LMIA. So my question is can i apply for LMIA for the current position i am working at? Because my selection was a legitimate and everything was official. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
No, they can't apply for your current position since you are already a temporary employee of the company.
The company would have to advertise a new position, make interviews, etc (all LMIA requirements). So, they would proof they didn't find any Canadian or PR for the position and that's why they need to hire an foreign.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Funbox said:
No, they can't apply for your current position since you are already a temporary employee of the company.
What an awful advice. Yes, the employer CAN apply for an LMIA. My coworker had open work permit, the employer applied for LMIA, and it went through. Now he works on LMIA based work permit.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
johnny123 said:
What an awful advice. Yes, the employer CAN apply for an LMIA. My coworker had open work permit, the employer applied for LMIA, and it went through. Now he works on LMIA based work permit.
His question was: So my question is can i apply for LMIA for the current position i am working at?
I meant that the employer will have to create another ad position (same position and name), and go all through the LMIA process.
If the candidate has or not a work permit, it doesn't matter. This is not relevant for the application. The LMIA will evaluate the market impact for the position requested and not if the candidate has an open work permit or whatever.
So, he can apply for a LMIA, but this has nothing to do with the position he is working at. Indeed, the employer should be looking for a Canadian employee to fulfill the position and apply only if he didn't find one.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
His question was: So my question is can i apply for LMIA for the current position i am working at?
I meant that the employer will have to create another ad position (same position and name), and go all through the LMIA process.
If the candidate has or not a work permit, it doesn't matter. This is not relevant for the application. The LMIA will evaluate the market impact for the position requested and not if the candidate has an open work permit or whatever.
So, he can apply for a LMIA, but this has nothing to do with the position he is working at. Indeed, the employer should be looking for a Canadian employee to fulfill the position and apply only if he didn't find one.
Thanks for your reply guys. My company already followed all the rule which LMIA have like they posted the job ads on various websites. They got hundred of resumes and then they picked few for phone interview and second phone interview and then in-person interview and then they select me for the position. So my question was that this whole process happened last year when i got the job so can my company apply for LMIA now? Thanks

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vicksandhu said:
Hi Vick,
I am not sure how long does it take but my friend applied for LMIA on October 12 or something and he already got LMIA approve so i am thinking it should not take this long for the file number. Thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
preet93 said:
Thanks for your reply guys. My company already followed all the rule which LMIA have like they posted the job ads on various websites. They got hundred of resumes and then they picked few for phone interview and second phone interview and then in-person interview and then they select me for the position. So my question was that this whole process happened last year when i got the job so can my company apply for LMIA now? Thanks
The interviews and job advertising have to be recent. It means that the interviews from last year will not be valid and they might refuse the application.
In addition, the job position needs to be posted while the LMIA is being processed, so the company should make sure the advertising will not expire.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED

YIPPEE.........

LMIA approval dated 19th Nov
Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov
Application submitted 10th July

19 weeks waiting

I thought it was St John's but it was actually Edmonton SC

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YIPPEE.........

Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov

19 weeks waiting

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YIPPEE.........

Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov

19 weeks waiting

Yayyyy finally!!!! I was so eagerly waiting for yours as well!!!!
Many many congratulations!!! Wish you Good Luck for your next journey!!!!!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YIPPEE.........

Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov

19 weeks waiting

YESSSSSSS!! I am so so so so so happy for you.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X
Congratulations
Did you apply inside Canada or outside Canada, my employer filled the LMIA in 19th November got the file number a week after, now waiting.