Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
charan12 said:
Hi Sunshine Girl,

Please let me know if you applied for Lmia outside Canada or inside Canada. I am also waiting for an answer from service Canada as interview was done on November 19, 2015. I applied from inside Canada noc 0621.

Please keep posting the updates!!!
Yes I'm waiting in Germany. I left the UK over a year ago thinking I would only be waiting here a couple months. With a few mix ups we nearly there praying for a positive.

Jaybakerca hopefully it's on its way via snail mail and we will find out today or tomorrow

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Sunshinegirl_X said:
I Have NEWS :eek: :eek:

Service Canada rang my employer yesterday for phone interview we will have an answer by next Friday.

That makes it 19 weeks tomorrow wait.

Will keep you posted. Fingers crossed ;)
Hi! I'm happy for you and other friends here that are progressing. My case is going to 11 weeks now. The consultant said that some documents were required a few weeks ago. It was good news hearing that your employer was called for interview. I hope they do it within the next days for me too.

All the process is being conducted directly between the employer and consultant, so I don't have an official timeline to share here, just the application of the LMIA that was on Sep, 10th.

Best wishes for you and everybody here! Meet you guys in Canada!

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The consultant of my husband's employer is going to apply LMIA today.

Wish us good luck.

And hope all you have good news soon.

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
LMIA Filed:-1st october 2015
file number given on 10th october 2015
interview with employer:-20th november 2015
interview again:-23rd november 2015
Negative LMIA on same day

position i applied for a Specialty Chef (Nepalese Cuisine) (NOC 6321) in Duncan, British Columbia

LMIA officer asked all bullshit questions to my employer
1) Who had create the job add for you? yourself or your lawyer? ( My employer replied of course it's me who had posts this add, it's my restaurant and i only know what i'm doing)
2) Why don't you mention aboriginal people on your job posts? (my employer is looking after Nepalese cuisine chef, don't understand how these aboriginal people know to cook nepalese food?)
3)Why are you hiring this guy (me) rather then other? (My employer says he had got all the experience which i'm looking after)
4) why did you indicate that you need 5 years of experience in cooking authentic Nepalese cuisine? why not 2-3 years experience? ( My employer replies i want the best cook for my restaurant who knows everything and had lots of experience, we're in restaurant business and all business owner want best people to work for them)
5) Do you know about the current unemployment percentage in BC? ( My employer replies i really don't know about this, well i tried my all efforts to hire canadian citizen and permanent resident but nobody qualifies for this post)

my employer tried her best to convince lmia officer for 45 minutes but she couldn't. Finally we receive a negative lmia.

I'm in big confusion either to reapply again or not? Any suggession guys?

hdavachi

Aug 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have my job offer and positive LMIA in my hand and I am currently in Canada as a visitor. I tried to apply for a work permit and CIC told me I need to send my application to Canada visa office in New York. Just recently got an email that I need to be present at their New York office for biometrics. In that case I need to get a US visa which is going be a bit difficult to get. Is there any way than I can aply within Canada without leaving the country?

Has anyone else had a same situation ?

Any thoughts can Help.

Thanks,

HD

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
ruby13 said:
Sunshine girl applied outside canada. I hav same NOC as yours. I applied outside canada. My employer got interview call yesterday.
Good to hear so many interviews these days. They have requested more documents at the beginning of November (I can't be accurate on dates, because the consultants only give me some information). I'm hoping for the internview to come soon. Just can't wait anymore, the whole processs already took us 6 months (from the day of the Job Offer).

All the best for y'all

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
hdavachi said:
Hello everyone,

I have my job offer and positive LMIA in my hand and I am currently in Canada as a visitor. I tried to apply for a work permit and CIC told me I need to send my application to Canada visa office in New York. Just recently got an email that I need to be present at their New York office for biometrics. In that case I need to get a US visa which is going be a bit difficult to get. Is there any way than I can aply within Canada without leaving the country?

Any thoughts can Help.

Thanks,

HD
If you're from a visa exempt country, you can apply at a border crossing, if not, you have to do what has already been stated.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hdavachi said:
Hello everyone,

Any thoughts can Help.

Thanks,

HD
Do you hold a visa-exempt passport? If yes: go to the border & "flagpole". If no: follow CIC instructions. It's odd that you got a biometrics appointment for NYC Office if you're a)legally present in Canada, b) need a visa to go to the US.

Where is your home country? Are you sure you applied for the correct visa/WP? & did the info you got from CIC come from the call centre ? Or in written format?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Won't know anything more until 1st of December. I just emailed the contact I have at my future employer the person dealing with the application. I had an out of office bounce back saying she will be back on 1st December. Unless someone else will mail me when we get an answer.

??? ::)

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Won't know anything more until 1st of December. I just emailed the contact I have at my future employer the person dealing with the application. I had an out of office bounce back saying she will be back on 1st December. Unless someone else will mail me when we get an answer.

??? ::)
Didn't ESDC say that your employer should get an answer by last Friday?
So slow and frustrating...

I do have a similar situation. The person responsible for the application, in the company where I work, will be off next week and we are waiting the interview.
The contact provided was a mobile number so hopefully should be able to pick up the call.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
hdavachi said:
Hello everyone,

Any thoughts can Help.

Thanks,

HD
There is no way that you can apply within canada with being a tourist. Although you are phisically in the country, your application is considered to be outside Canada.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
johnny123 said:
There is no way that you can apply within canada with being a tourist. Although you are phisically in the country, your application is considered to be outside Canada.
Yes you can, i was a visitor and got an approved LMIA and went to the border and flagpoled.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
jaybakerca said:
Yes you can, i was a visitor and got an approved LMIA and went to the border and flagpoled.
If you are from visa exempt country you can flagpole, what is exiting the country and entering it again.
What I meant is that you can't apply within Canada with the form to apply within Canada, to be processed inside Canada, what you can do if you are already working on LMIA.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I need help. I am currently working on my post graduation work permit. aA it's getting harder for Canadian experience class people to apply for PR i was thinking to apply for IMIA to get 600 points in express entry. My company is really big companies so they have a HR department and everything. When i got the jobs i have gone through their selection process. As i got work permit so they didn't need to apply for LMIA. So my question is can i apply for LMIA for the current position i am working at? Because my selection was a legitimate and everything was official. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preet93 said:
Hi Guys,
I need help. I am currently working on my post graduation work permit. aA it's getting harder for Canadian experience class people to apply for PR i was thinking to apply for IMIA to get 600 points in express entry. My company is really big companies so they have a HR department and everything. When i got the jobs i have gone through their selection process. As i got work permit so they didn't need to apply for LMIA. So my question is can i apply for LMIA for the current position i am working at? Because my selection was a legitimate and everything was official. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Your employer needs to apply for the LMIA.