LMIA application processing time?

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully you will get the positive answer this week. My employer got interview call today. Lets see!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sunshinegirl_X and ruby13:

Hopefully you guys will get an answer soon. Please post here when you get updates!
I'm still waiting the interview call. So frustrating!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Really I think the waiting after the interview is far worse than before........

Knowing the answer is imminent every day I'm frantically checking emails.

I wish I didnt know to be honest and just got the answer.
Its probably been approved but they have sent the LMIA in the post so you are awaiting on canadian postal service.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
ruby13 said:
Hopefully you will get the positive answer this week. My employer got interview call today. Lets see!!! Fingers crossed!!!
Great news. Fingers crossed for you. I will update as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks jaybakerca hope your right. How did they inform you and your friend about your lmia?

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X and ruby13,

Wishing you both good luck!! Things will be positive.

I guess Funbox and me are in the same situation. I am also waiting for the interview.

Guys keep us posted here.

freecraigslist1

Feb 12, 2012
Sunshinegirl_X said:

Sunshinegirl_X You are lucky you got an answer.

My employer applied in last week of July15,
Requested additional documents in first week of OCT , but after that there is no update....

I wish you good luck, my 6th sense say that you will get a good news tomorrow !

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here is my timeline so far...paperwork sent on september 1, received file nr on september 17. So far no news...Noc 7283 tilesetter ( my husband)dual intent. Ontario. Right now we're in Romania waiting. Good luck to you all, and maybe the new government will make this LMIA process easier soon, because is really long and stressful

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know anything about this 10 Day Speed of service? I can't post the link to it but this is what it says on the page:

List of Skilled Trades Eligible for Ten-day Speed of Service
The introduction of the 10 business day speed of service is to assist employers in filling their genuine skill and labour requirements when qualified Canadians or permanent residents are not available. This priority processing aims to achieve a more consistent approach to service delivery across the country while reducing red tape for some employers. Employers receiving priority processing must still meet all Program requirements as their applications will continue to be fully assessed, like all applications under the TFWP.

Skilled trades and high-wage
the position is for a skilled trade on this list of eligible occupations; AND
the wage being offered for the position is at, or above, the provincial/territorial median wage, where the job is located.

My boyfriend's 7205 fireproofing plastering foreman (which is on the list of skilled trades) and gets paid more than the median wage in Alberta so according to that page, he's eligible for this but actually getting service Canada to do this???

hope82

Nov 10, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Food counter attendants are also not eligible for EE. A supervisor position might be.

It's not quite clear what exactly is Hope82's friend's situation. My advice would be that Hope82's friend sign up here & ask her questions directly.
Thank you guys for ur answers and sorry for being not clear.

My friend is working as a Food Counter Attendant now. Her work permit is valid until August 2016. Her employer is willing to apply for a Food Service Supervisor LMIA in order to help her with PR application. She has skilled job experience in her home country (4163), 1 year skilled job experience in Canada (NOC 6235) and IELTS 7. She created EE profile with all these credentials and her score is 440; eligible under CEC and FSW.

Now she is confused about applying a Dual intent LMIA or LMIA to support PR only.

If she apply for LMIA to support PR only, what are the possible questions from Service Canada that her employer needs to address?

what is the processing time nowadays?

charan12

Oct 11, 2014
Hi Sunshine Girl,

Please let me know if you applied for Lmia outside Canada or inside Canada. I am also waiting for an answer from service Canada as interview was done on November 19, 2015. I applied from inside Canada noc 0621.

Please keep posting the updates!!!

charan12

Oct 11, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:

Hi Sunshine Girl,

Please let me know if you applied for Lmia outside Canada or inside Canada. I am also waiting for an answer from service Canada as interview was done on November 19, 2015. I applied from inside Canada noc 0621.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Great news. Fingers crossed for you. I will update as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks jaybakerca hope your right. How did they inform you and your friend about your lmia?
Mine was via Fax but my friends was visa snail mail, they said he would know by "friday" friday came and went and heard nothing, monday, tuesday,wednesday, thursday and then friday, a week after they said, it arrived in the mail.. from st johns.

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charan12 said:
Hi Sunshine Girl,

Sunshine girl applied outside canada. I hav same NOC as yours. I applied outside canada. My employer got interview call yesterday.

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charan12 said:
Hi Sunshine Girl,

Sunshine girl applied outside canada. I have same NOC as yours. But mine is outside canada as well. My employer got i terview call yesterday.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
hope82 said:
Thank you guys for ur answers and sorry for being not clear.

My friend is working as a Food Counter Attendant now. Her work permit is valid until August 2016. Her employer is willing to apply for a Food Service Supervisor LMIA in order to help her with PR application. She has skilled job experience in her home country (4163), 1 year skilled job experience in Canada (NOC 6235) and IELTS 7. She created EE profile with all these credentials and her score is 440; eligible under CEC and FSW.

Now she is confused about applying a Dual intent LMIA or LMIA to support PR only.

If she apply for LMIA to support PR only, what are the possible questions from Service Canada that her employer needs to address?

what is the processing time nowadays?
The difference between the LMIA dual intent or PR only is that when applying for the PR only, the candidate cannot use the LMIA for a work visa. It can be used only for the Express Entry. In this case, if she is not in Canada, she will have to wait until she gets an answer from the Express Entry in order to work. On the other hand, the dual indent allows the employee to apply for a work visa, while he/she is waiting for the Express Entry results.

The questions that need to be answer are the same for all LMIAs: Proof of advertising, wage, etc.

They don't provide any statistics about processing time, but from what I've seen on blogs, it is taking around 4-5 months in most of the cases (unfortunately).