+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Hi SunshineGirl,

Atleast some news came your way. Good luck and I hope you will get through.
Please keep the forum posted and I agree, people should share more here.

I am also anxiously waiting and haven't heard anything yet. Mine is 16 weeks completed.

Take care!!

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, guys.

My husband got job offer in SK a month ago and the advertisement is ongoing now(jobbank and sask).

What is the next step after advertising more than 4 weeks?

Does anyone apply for LMIA in SK?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
OnOn said:
Hello, guys.

My husband got job offer in SK a month ago and the advertisement is ongoing now(jobbank and sask).

Your employer is the responsible for the application and he/she needs to make sure all the requirements (advertising, wage, etc) are being met.
The steps of how to apply can be found on the ESDC website. There you can find all the forms and documents (there is a tab called "How to Apply").

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
OnOn said:
Hello, guys.

My company used a professional to do the application. They submitted everything perfect with no additional documents wanted etc.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
And we had notification of incomplete application as one of the accounting forms has changed from annual to quarterly a one statement was missing.

So, whole application going in again with the new statement.
So. Package was received on the 16th and we had an email by the 17th requesting additional advertising (we had Kijiji as our national advert and they apparently only classify it as local). I'm heartened that their response was so speedy but we are back to square one advertising for four weeks on a new site.

Here we go again.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ozlis said:
So. Package was received on the 16th and we had an email by the 17th requesting additional advertising (we had Kijiji as our national advert and they apparently only classify it as local). I'm heartened that their response was so speedy but we are back to square one advertising for four weeks on a new site.

Here we go again.
kijii is not an appropriate form of advertisement, one HAS to be job bank,this is required to stay up the entire time the application is being processed.

the others can be indeed, monster, job bank.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Funbox & Sunshine.

The boss will hire an immigration consultant.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jetoquebec said:
hi, whats the processing time for lmia for a caregiver in ontario. tnx
All LMIA seems to be taking 4-5 months at the moment.

negative

Nov 2, 2015
Last week, my company wrote to me that all additional documents are sent and officer told them that they will decide soon. I hope I will hear from them in 1-2 weeks. Today marks the 2nd month of the application.

It is horrible to wait.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
negative said:
Last week, my company wrote to me that all additional documents are sent and officer told them that they will decide soon. I hope I will hear from them in 1-2 weeks. Today marks the 2nd month of the application.

It is horrible to wait.
Yes, it is a hard waiting. My company sent out the additional documents on Nov 4th. It's been almost a month.
We called to ESDC last week asking for updates, but they just said it is in process and we should call back in 10 days.

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Hi, I was wondering whether anybody can tell me if it is possible to get a positive LMIA for a live-in caregiver (looking after the elderly with many medical problems) that live in rural area. What would be the processing time? is there a way to speed up the process? Thanks a lot

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Oksy said:
Hi, I was wondering whether anybody can tell me if it is possible to get a positive LMIA for a live-in caregiver (looking after the elderly with many medical problems) that live in rural area. What would be the processing time? is there a way to speed up the process? Thanks a lot
I don't know if it is possible to apply for a live-in caregiver. But regarding the processing time, there isn't any way to speed up the process.
I know there are just a few kind of positions that are considered as priority (usually very high positions in demand).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oksy said:
Yes, it's possible.

Processing times & procedures:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/caregiver/index.asp

No, there's no way to speed up the process.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Really I think the waiting after the interview is far worse than before........

Knowing the answer is imminent every day I'm frantically checking emails.

I wish I didnt know to be honest and just got the answer.