+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
sai44 you should be Ok.

My employer missed it by 4 days too, my lawyers asked SC if they were aware that new profile had to be created after a 5 months of advertising on Job Bank. SC said they did know about it and it was ok if there was a gap of 3 or 4 days in advertising. You should be fine in my opinion.

sai44

Apr 30, 2015
zazen said:
sai44 you should be Ok.

My employer missed it by 4 days too, my lawyers asked SC if they were aware that new profile had to be created after a 5 months of advertising on Job Bank. SC said they did know about it and it was ok if there was a gap of 3 or 4 days in advertising. You should be fine in my opinion.
Thanks Zazen for sharing that. i hope so too that it will be fine.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Hello Sai44,

I am in the same boat. It's week 16th for me and no update.
Mine was filed in June 2015 in BC and I am waiting outside of Canada.

Please would be great to connect here and share our timelines.
Please update me with your results.

Thanks and Good luck!!

sai44

Apr 30, 2015
Hi caprisj

My employer also applied for dual intent LMIA to st. johns in june 2015.. wait is a killer...!!!!!!

To zazen,
Can you tell me, when your employer received a call for an interview, did they ask about 3-4 days of gap in job bank ad? If yes, what explanation your employer give?

Thank you for your help!!

hope82

Nov 10, 2014
Thanks Lammawitch...

I request ur opinion on one more thing. My friend is working as a Food counter attendant which is a low skilled job. Is it possible for her employer to apply for LMIA to support PR only? If he do so, what could be a reason that her employer can provide in the application for the delay in hiring?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
hope82 said:
Thanks Lammawitch...

I request ur opinion on one more thing. My friend is working as a Food counter attendant which is a low skilled job. Is it possible for her employer to apply for LMIA to support PR only? If he do so, what could be a reason that her employer can provide in the application for the delay in hiring?
It is possible to apply for PR only. In this case, it doesn't have fee ($1000) for processing.
I think the chances to get a LMIA for Food Counter Attendant is very low. This is because there is no shortage for this position.
The employer would have to proof that the company could not find any Canadian employee for that position.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
It is possible to apply for PR only. In this case, it doesn't have fee ($1000) for processing.
I think the chances to get a LMIA for Food Counter Attendant is very low. This is because there is no shortage for this position.
The employer would have to proof that the company could not find any Canadian employee for that position.
Food counter attendants are also not eligible for EE. A supervisor position might be.

It's not quite clear what exactly is Hope82's friend's situation. My advice would be that Hope82's friend sign up here & ask her questions directly.

brl

Jun 7, 2015
Going by the comments made during last one month it seems that the LMIA processing is almost stopped. Anyone knows what's happening?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
I Have NEWS :eek: :eek:

Service Canada rang my employer yesterday for phone interview we will have an answer by next Friday.

That makes it 19 weeks tomorrow wait.

Will keep you posted. Fingers crossed ;)

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:

Service Canada rang my employer yesterday for phone interview we will have an answer by next Friday.

I'm excited for you! You've been waiting a long time

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
SarahNicole said:
I'm excited for you! You've been waiting a long time
Thank you. I just 're read the email it says we should know by END of week not in a week.

Please be a yes.

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Thank you. I just 're read the email it says we should know by END of week not in a week.

Please be a yes.
Wow!!! So happy for u!!!! I am sure you will get it positive....

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
brl said:
Going by the comments made during last one month it seems that the LMIA processing is almost stopped. Anyone knows what's happening?
I think it's just people don't post on here much. I wish more would. A lot of people just read and don't post.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sunshinegirl_X said:

I'm glad for you! My employer called today to ESDC asking for updates.
They said the decision hasn't been made yet and we should call again in 10 days.

My timeline is:
Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 21, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015
Additional Documents Replied: Nov 4, 2015

patric

Nov 5, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X said:

Cong! I am still waiting ...