ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
Could be a couple of weeks or a month or so. No set time.
Thank you!!!! Just waiting and waiting!!!!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
Well I'll be joining in on this one - dual purpose sent off today for NOC 1223, in country.

Fingers crossed for speedy processing.
And we had notification of incomplete application as one of the accounting forms has changed from annual to quarterly a one statement was missing.

So, whole application going in again with the new statement.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
My weekly update. 18 weeks now and no new news.
Just over 4 months if we are counting in months.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sunshinegirl_X said:
My weekly update. 18 weeks now and no new news.
Just over 4 months if we are counting in months.
This is a lot of time. Have they requested additional documents for your application?
My employer sent out additional documents on November 4. We didn't get any confirmation they got the documents (it was by Fax... so primitive).

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
This is a lot of time. Have they requested additional documents for your application?
My employer sent out additional documents on November 4. We didn't get any confirmation they got the documents (it was by Fax... so primitive).
Did you hear anything after sending additional documents???

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Funbox said:
No not that they have told me. Only a file number.

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious to know, does immigration or SC office in canada closes for Christmas break?? I know obvioulsy there will be one christmas day Off for sure. I am in New Zealand and here all the government offices closes for 15 days while christmas and new year. Does that happen in Canada as well?

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer sent the ongoing advertisement proof on 28th october. But today it is expired from jobbank. Do not know what they gonna do next. So stressed!!!!

patric

Nov 5, 2015
ruby13 said:
My employer sent the ongoing advertisement proof on 28th october. But today it is expired from jobbank. Do not know what they gonna do next. So stressed!!!!
Must advertisement be in jobbank? Or other source also acceptable such as neuvoo.ca ?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
patric said:
Must advertisement be in jobbank? Or other source also acceptable such as neuvoo.ca ?
The company needs to advertise on Job Bank. This is the most important advertising.
In addition, the job also needs to be advertised on popular websites such as Workopolis, Indeed, etc. I guess the website you mentioned is valid, but the ideal is 3 websites ( Job Bank + two more).

It is important to note that the Job Bank advertising has to remain advertised during all the process until the LMIA decision is made by the government.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
ruby13 said:
They must repost advertising esp in Jobbabk. It's free so it's not like it's costing them anything. Mine reposted day before expiry back in August.

As for Christmas hours SC normally post on website days they are closed. They did last Christmas and New Year. I will try and find it and put up a link.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Been on a few sites looks like closed. 25-28 including those dates and 1st Jan.

I went on a few but this is St John's link.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-dsp.cgi?rc=1617&ln=eng&hclsr=vwall#hclsr

hope82

Nov 10, 2014
Hi everyone. can anyone tell me the processing time for dual intent Lmia (Food Service Supervisor)? My friend is working as a food counter attendant now. But she is eligible under FSWP and CEC with 440 points. Her employer agreed to apply for a skilled lmia. Initially she was planning to apply for LMIA for PR only. In that case, she isn't sure how she can demonstrate that her employer needs to hire a supervisor urgently, so decided on dual intent. her present work permit (low skilled) is valid until August 2016.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope82 said:
Hi everyone. can anyone tell me the processing time for dual intent Lmia (Food Service Supervisor)? My friend is working as a food counter attendant now. But she is eligible under FSWP and CEC with 440 points. Her employer agreed to apply for a skilled lmia. Initially she was planning to apply for LMIA for PR only. In that case, she isn't sure how she can demonstrate that her employer needs to hire a supervisor urgently, so decided on dual intent. her present work permit (low skilled) is valid until August 2016.
There are NO officially published times for LMIA processing.

Why?

Because each application is assessed on its own merits.

sai44

Apr 30, 2015
Hello Guys
I m in similar situation too as pretty much all of you..It has been 16 weeks from the date my employer has applied and and its been 13 weeks, they requested additional documents.
Now my employer told, he made little mistake that our job bank ad has expired last thursday.He said he didn't receive email from job bank about expiring ad like always and he forgot to extend it and he repost the job on sat. again but it is still pending to be published.
So will this 3-4 days gap will effect our application?
My employer is trying his best and he has been advertising for last 5-6 months, no gaps on any on going online advertisements or anything but this one time in 6 months he missed the deadline by days.