+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windmill said:
Dual intent lmia, received St Johns March 17th, positive lmia today after 2 weeks and 2 days!
Wow..Congrats Windmill..That looks pretty quick for you:))

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windmill said:
Dual intent lmia, received St Johns March 17th, positive lmia today after 2 weeks and 2 days!
Would you mind sharing you NOC and wage please? just give us an idea about our application..

copper

Jan 11, 2015
saracunity said:
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply
hello,
i can understand ur worries, but you can do nothing with it. your consultant can be right, because there r people waiting for lmia since 7/8 months and they r present in canada, working real jobs for the same employer and you dont even know your potential employer. if the consultant do not want to give you file n. you just have to wait and actually lmia applications are not tracable on line. (only some categories you can file on line and so may be track it online).
service canada can take other 6 months to get to a result asking more documents or informations. i dont want to discourage you but this is the way it is with lmia's.
good luck

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windmill said:
Noc 7321, wage $27,50 per hour (average Ontario $22)
Thanks Windmill and good luck ahead with your application:) Happy for you mate.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Windmill said:
Noc 7321, wage $27,50 per hour (average Ontario $22)

Congrats. Wow thats fantastically fast

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
I was told that the LMIA success rate is around 21%. It wasn't clear if that is just Alberta or the whole of Canada.

Can I ask everyone how many weeks your waiting and NOC.

My employer is starting ads this week. So I'm right at the beginning.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
I was told that the LMIA success rate is around 21%. It wasn't clear if that is just Alberta or the whole of Canada.

Can I ask everyone how many weeks your waiting and NOC.

My employer is starting ads this week. So I'm right at the beginning.
Hey Sunshinegirl..LMIA success rate depends on what LMIA you are applying. I hear EE LMIA success rate is tend to better if you compare with work permit LMIA. Govt of canada wants permanent workers to come Canada.

If you dont mind, would you like to share how you got the job? Are you currently in Canada?

I have been waiting now over 6 months for my LMIA. This is a work permit LMIA from Manitoba employer. My NOC is 6311. Food Service Supervisor.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
fastfood said:
Hey Sunshinegirl..LMIA success rate depends on what LMIA you are applying. I hear EE LMIA success rate is tend to better if you compare with work permit LMIA. Govt of canada wants permanent workers to come Canada.

If you dont mind, would you like to share how you got the job? Are you currently in Canada?

I have been waiting now over 6 months for my LMIA. This is a work permit LMIA from Manitoba employer. My NOC is 6311. Food Service Supervisor.
I was looking on internet for jobs in Canada and I came across an article in an Irish Newspaper. Diamond global were looking for 80 hairstylist for a company in Canada. The company would be coming to Ireland to interview and trade test. I was lucky to get an interview and flew to Dublin the day of my interview and trade test. This was on August 5 last year.
with the changes in LMO to LMIA all the original advertising was wrong and now a lot of Salons do not qualify for LMIA placements.
I want to be permanent but with my age of 42 and not having a high education I do not qualify for EE even if I have LMIA (so the online eligibility test says)
I have 25yrs experience in Hairdressing including management.

Noc 6271 Alberta employment

jackmanalang

Apr 2, 2015
runaway982 said:
Is there anyone who is waiting for the LMIA for the EE proces only.As I read there is an option to optan LMIA to support the aplicnat in the EE proces only. It is fee free and the procesing time is 10 days. Any info on that? :)
Hi, did your employer apply for LMIA to support EE? In my knowledge, the processing fee doesnt apply to employers choosing ONLY to support application for PR. My employer already started the advertisement.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
I was looking on internet for jobs in Canada and I came across an article in an Irish Newspaper. Diamond global were looking for 80 hairstylist for a company in Canada. The company would be coming to Ireland to interview and trade test. I was lucky to get an interview and flew to Dublin the day of my interview and trade test. This was on August 5 last year.
with the changes in LMO to LMIA all the original advertising was wrong and now a lot of Salons do not qualify for LMIA placements.
I want to be permanent but with my age of 42 and not having a high education I do not qualify for EE even if I have LMIA (so the online eligibility test says)
I have 25yrs experience in Hairdressing including management.

Noc 6271 Alberta employment
Well your story is somewhat similar to me. I am from NOC 6311 (Food Service Supervisor), my employer started the LMO process in November 2013. First LMO never came due to moratorium on food industry. Second LMIA applied around August 2014. In November more information was requested by SC, however, still waiting for a decision since then. My LMIA is for work permit. I think yours may be same.

I think this is just a matter of time. We all should get it at some point of time. I believe EE LMIA which support PR application having better approval chances.

jackmanalang

Apr 2, 2015
fastfood said:
Well your story is somewhat similar to me. I am from NOC 6311 (Food Service Supervisor), my employer started the LMO process in November 2013. First LMO never came due to moratorium on food industry. Second LMIA applied around August 2014. In November more information was requested by SC, however, still waiting for a decision since then. My LMIA is for work permit. I think yours may be same.

I think this is just a matter of time. We all should get it at some point of time. I believe EE LMIA which support PR application having better approval chances.
Hi, we are also in the sane boat. I am already here in Canada, my permit expires on November. My employer just started the advertisement for the postion of Food Service Supervisor. Do you have an idea on how long it will take for LMiA to support EE?