+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hi guys,
looks that i guess something in my last post,
today after more than 3 months of wait after file number was issued, sc contacted my employer for additional information, hope everything will go well, and hope some of us will get good news
good luck to all

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Hopefully you have a quicker process than we have experienced so far!

Appln submitted 15 Sept approx
File number and payment 23rd November (10 weeks from Appln date)
Request for more information 20 Feb (13 weeks since file #)
And still no result yet (another 3 weeks)

I think unfortunately our employer applied right when it changed from LMO to LMIA so things took a bit longer as it seems people get their file # quicker now.
We are desperate for a result as we would like to get on with our lives either way

Hey Kiwisteph I have almost similar timelines as you. Still hoping for LMIA. Its been over six months now..Are you currently in NZ ? whereabout if in NZ?

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Still hanging on in here too - just! Were told last week as decision would be sooner rather than later but how long that is is anyones guess! Our turn soon guys!

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Lmia sent: 26th jan
File number recieved early feb
Got sent back 4th march for incomplete app
Was sent back 18th march incomplete and process still going on.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Is there anyone who is waiting for the LMIA for the EE proces only.As I read there is an option to optan LMIA to support the aplicnat in the EE proces only. It is fee free and the procesing time is 10 days. Any info on that? :)

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Marshall said:
Hi there
So...
Got job offer from employer based in Ontario
I went for interview and welding test Sep 18th last year.
...they applied for LMIA Nov 14th 2014 with fee and all paperwork.
Got file # Nov 21st
NOC 7237 - Welder
It's 17 weeks today.... and counting
Wondering why it's take so long?

Any thoughts ???
Hi Marshall,

what is your wage?
my husband is a welder, noc 7237. We will apply work permit extension soon, we will need LMIA also, the wage should be at least $21. Most of the employees under $ 18, but we need above $21 to get LMIA.It is so funny... Our current work permit expires on the 30 th of August. The employer already sent PNP pre screen application.

ms.m

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
Anyone here who has lmia application under caregiver program?

jonijoyner

Mar 16, 2015
jonijoyner said:
Hi all,

I am new the thread but thought I would share my experiences to date.

Currently waiting on a decision on LMIA

Offered job early Dec 2014.
Company started all paid advertising from 15th Dec. We had issues getting the job bank ad live, so in total we had paid advertising running from Dec 15th, and the job bank ad went live 19th Jan.
Submitted application Feb 23rd
I am NOC 0124 - Online Advertising Professional
Province - Ontario
Wage - hourly $60 per hour (it works out to be)
Assigned case worker - 10th March, although there was a problem with the credit card details, so the company had to resend by fax the credit card details again. The employer/lawyer have been following up daily to ensure we get confirmation of the credit card details working and that payment is taken.

Just waiting now. We are really hoping it doesn't take too long from here on in...

We are Brits currently residing in Australia on work permits and cannot believe how difficult the process has been. Getting work in AU was a breeze and took 4 weeks. I feel so bad for the Canadian employer but given what they offer and what I do is really niche they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get me across. I would imagine most employers would not bother with this process. What a way to distract people from the country!

Will post an update as soon as I hear back.

Well small update my end, after chasing up for 2 weeks on ensuring SC had taken payment, they now have done, and contacted the Employer to schedule an phone interview this Thursday 26th March.

Is this standard procedure?

We are now in week 5 since submission, but my lawyer has said to expect the 8 week processing time to start from the 18th which is when they took payment.

I am hoping that the scheduling of the phone interview with employer is good signs that things are progressing!

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
beholder69 said:
Hi

I have serious doubt in my mind right now...my 90 day restoration ended on jan 31st and before that i applied for my visitors visa.My employer applied for my LMIA in september 2014 and still awaiting result.

so my first question is if i get my LMIA before my visitors visa is approved what will be the procedure to get the work permit.

second question is if i have some other employer ready to give me an LMIA what will be the procedure for that.

Thanks and regards
Manu

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
itsalongwait said:
Guys ,
Just got an email from my employer that lmo is rejected and he is so frustrated that he will not pursue this further .
Soory to hear this! Am gutted for you!

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi guys. how much time job bank take to validate the ad.