+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fastfood,

Keep your hopes high. You will get it for sure.

And one more thing did your employer called SC for an inquiry after Nov?

As they requested few answers from my employers 2 -3 weeks ago but after that my employer has not called them for the status. So should I ask my employer to call them next week?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
Hi fastfood,

Keep your hopes high. You will get it for sure.

And one more thing did your employer called SC for an inquiry after Nov?

As they requested few answers from my employers 2 -3 weeks ago but after that my employer has not called them for the status. So should I ask my employer to call them next week?
My employer has not called them after documents submission. You may ask employer to call them if your employer do not mind calling them. But in my point of view it wont make much difference in the processing. We can see here in thread there are many people like us waiting and are in same position like us. Just better to wait until end of March I guess..

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!

Does the fact of requesting an open work permit for my spouse affect my wp application processing time? How?

Thanks in advance!

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Still waiting here!

SC asked for more information, about transition plan I believe, to be provided on 20th Feb and the employer has rang since everything was sent in and they said its in final processing but no timeline.

Hoping we're getting close to a result now. How will our employer find out? Mail, fax, email? I hope it's not mail as that could take a while it seems judging the postal system.

NOC 7283 Alberta
Applied 15 Sept 2014
Payment & File # 23 Nov 2014 approx
Info Request 20 Feb 2015

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same here they told its in final processing. I think by mail. They will send a letter.

itsalongwait

Jan 7, 2015
Guys,

I am new here but been waiting for LMIA for almost an year due to all those rule changes done in 2014 . My employer filed it for the 4th time in October , 2014 and file number is generated on Nov,24 2014 and been asked to submit advertisement details on 9th Feb 2015 and its been almost 45 days since the file number is generated for LMIA , no updates yet from SC.

I am hoping to hear something by this weekend , keeping my fingers crossed .

cannn

Jan 18, 2013
Hello people!
please if anybody knows-I have few questions- our employer was told to send through email update for Tr.Plan he delay for few days and he want to send through fax. so my question is,will be any problem about delay and sending through fax, and what should can we expect.
tnx

copper

Jan 11, 2015
not heard of any positive lmias since many days :( ....hope some of us get some good news this upcoming week,

waiting from 3 months now,

file applied 10th dec, started 15th dec,

good luck to all of us

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Guys, I saw this information on this thread, but I just want to confirm that this is correct.. please share where I can read more about it..

I am currently on a OWP (expiring in July). My employer just started LMIA process. If by any chance my LMIA results are not released by July, can I still apply for an extension of my WP just with the LMIA file number?

Occupation - Physiotherapist - Alberta

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
copper said:
not heard of any positive lmias since many days :( ....hope some of us get some good news this upcoming week,

waiting from 3 months now,

file applied 10th dec, started 15th dec,

good luck to all of us
I hope so too Copper! We're really starting to lose patience with this process.

jonijoyner

Mar 16, 2015
Hi all,

I am new the thread but thought I would share my experiences to date.

Currently waiting on a decision on LMIA

Offered job early Dec 2014.
Company started all paid advertising from 15th Dec. We had issues getting the job bank ad live, so in total we had paid advertising running from Dec 15th, and the job bank ad went live 19th Jan.
Submitted application Feb 23rd
I am NOC 0124 - Online Advertising Professional
Province - Ontario
Wage - hourly $60 per hour (it works out to be)
Assigned case worker - 10th March, although there was a problem with the credit card details, so the company had to resend by fax the credit card details again. The employer/lawyer have been following up daily to ensure we get confirmation of the credit card details working and that payment is taken.

Just waiting now. We are really hoping it doesn't take too long from here on in...

We are Brits currently residing in Australia on work permits and cannot believe how difficult the process has been. Getting work in AU was a breeze and took 4 weeks. I feel so bad for the Canadian employer but given what they offer and what I do is really niche they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get me across. I would imagine most employers would not bother with this process. What a way to distract people from the country!

Will post an update as soon as I hear back.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
jonijoyner said:
Hi all,

I am new the thread but thought I would share my experiences to date.

Currently waiting on a decision on LMIA

Offered job early Dec 2014.
Company started all paid advertising from 15th Dec. We had issues getting the job bank ad live, so in total we had paid advertising running from Dec 15th, and the job bank ad went live 19th Jan.
Submitted application Feb 23rd
I am NOC 0124 - Online Advertising Professional
Province - Ontario
Wage - hourly $60 per hour (it works out to be)
Assigned case worker - 10th March, although there was a problem with the credit card details, so the company had to resend by fax the credit card details again. The employer/lawyer have been following up daily to ensure we get confirmation of the credit card details working and that payment is taken.

Just waiting now. We are really hoping it doesn't take too long from here on in...

We are Brits currently residing in Australia on work permits and cannot believe how difficult the process has been. Getting work in AU was a breeze and took 4 weeks. I feel so bad for the Canadian employer but given what they offer and what I do is really niche they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get me across. I would imagine most employers would not bother with this process. What a way to distract people from the country!

Will post an update as soon as I hear back.
Hopefully you have a quicker process than we have experienced so far!

Appln submitted 15 Sept approx
File number and payment 23rd November (10 weeks from Appln date)
Request for more information 20 Feb (13 weeks since file #)
And still no result yet (another 3 weeks)

I think unfortunately our employer applied right when it changed from LMO to LMIA so things took a bit longer as it seems people get their file # quicker now.
We are desperate for a result as we would like to get on with our lives either way