+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Jenn1803

Feb 21, 2015
ntwkengg said:
Same here. They asked my employer for further clarifications on 3 points.

Noc code 2147. Network Engineer.
LMIA applied on Nov 6th
file no. Nov 12th
request for update on Feb 19th
follow up question on Feb 20th
answered all their questions.
Now waiting for their decision.

Thanks.
Kiwisteph said:
Progress!! Our employer also got asked for more info about their transition plans for hiring my husband.

Hoping we're getting close to an answer now :)
Marshall said:
Thanks Kiwisteph

Mine is 17 weeks... Because Oct 14th and fallowing Oct 21st for file# not Nov. My mistake
Don't know about Christmas lol

Will keep posting

Good luck to You and everyone waiting

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Cheers fellow LMIA applicants. :)

So my NOC code 2232 for BC - Mechanical Eng. Technologist
Applications sent 23/10/14
File Number Rec - i think 4/11/14
2 year duration of employment
I am Visa Exempt - so apply for permit at border.
Had a consultant involved - the document was sent to them first.

I'd say 3 months if i take out Xmas/NYE

I actually note on the document - it was finalized on the 28/1/15
they must of sat ot it for a while. Confused but ohwell!

Advice - stay ontop of your employer. Updates each week or fortnight is what you should get.

Hoping for positive results for all you people soon :)

krish.4747

Feb 23, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I am an international students and have post graduate work permit which expires on December 2015 .Recently got my permanent residence application was send back because no more application can be accept in my NOC category . So I am trying to get LMIA from my employer ,please let me know how month will be the processing time for LIMA (applying for permanent residence purpose) .I am working in Alberta province for past two year in different oil & gas industry .My job is field technician in information technology ,please suggest your opinion folks.
thank you .

matrix21

Jan 21, 2015
Regina, SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
Hi I am starting my LMIA procedure now.
My job designation is CNC laser Tech 15$/hr
I live in Cornwall.
Please guide me for the procedure.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA procedure should be done by your employer. You have to just cooperate him or her in all the procedures and sign the necessary document s if required. Also once it is applied you should get file number in 1 or 2 weeks period. And after that wait for 2-3 weeks then your employer can do an inquiry once a week for your LMIA status to SC.

copper

Jan 11, 2015
dotpat17 said:
hi,
congrats,
i am also from a visa exempt country here on IEC, that will expire after few days, i will be on implied status due to my PR application in process.

i am hoping to get positive news for my lmia in processing from 12th dec 2014, so once i have it, can i go to flagpole and have my bounded work visa renewed ?

thanks

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
We're on implied status but have to stop working soon because we never will get an AOR number because the CEC application has been returned to us. Our employer is currently advertising on jobbank and will apply for a LMIA. Does anybody know what the current processing times in Ontario are? Service Canada told our employer that it's 5-7 weeks.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just wondering from where do you usually get this data:

1. Data in which application was sent to Service Canada (btw which department is responsible for LMIA issuing?)
2. File number and data when it was assigned to your application
3. Your Noc code your employer set in application
4. Salary wage (btw does that affect in any way app processing time? How? What's better if your wage exceeds median one or vice versa)

My employer haven't given any of these data. Just has been responding my app is still in progress. And it seemed to be sent around about September 2014. Gonna require all this data next week but before wanted to ask here if in general an employer has to provide such a feedback to me as an employee?

5. Where could I check my application status if I had file no?

Thanks for your replies.
Peace!

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The applicant of LMIA application is your employer. There is a Service Canada call center at 1-800-367-5693 but they will tell you nothing because you are not the applicant (see your question #5). So the only point of contact for you is your employer or the lawyer (if he/she is representing your application).
At minimum you employer will receive 2 letters from Service Canada: 1. Submission letter which confirms that Service Canada received the application and it was assigned a file number (see your question #2). 2. Confirmation letter which says that LMIA was positive or negative. Your employer will receive it in the end of the process.

3. Your Noc code your employer set in application
This code is mentioned in LMIA application. You can request a copy of LMIA application from your employer.

4. Salary wage
This is also mentioned in LMIA application.

(btw does that affect in any way app processing time? How? What's better if your wage exceeds median one or vice versa)
Yes it does affect. Read 'Overhauling the TFWP' here => http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/overhauling_TFW.pdf

And it seemed to be sent around about September 2014.
By this time your employer should have received submission letter (file number) from SC. I do not know about confirmation letter because processing time is different for each province.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks tidelander!

You made things much clearer in my mind ;)

I have one more question: Does the fact of requesting an open work permit for my spouse affect my wp application processing time? How?

Thanks in advance!

Kalwar

Mar 6, 2015
Hello everyone.
I thought I would share my timeline with you all.

NOC: 7294 Maintenance industrial painter
Wage: 20$ (reviewable after three months employment)
Province: Alberta
Submitted: 9 Oct 2014
File number: 16 Oct 2014

So, it has been 20 weeks today and I'm still waiting...
My lawyer said that he hopes to have it done by the end of April. This is a nightmare... :-\

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting for long time.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing.

Same here LMIA applied Nov 6th
File no Nov 12

NOC code 2147
wage $45/hr
High wage job as a Network Engineer.

My employer got a call from SC 2 weeks ago some where near 3rd week of Feb. They had some doubts about transition plan and my high wage so my employer answered all questions and provided answers to their queries. Now lets see how it goes. Still waiting.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in queue since First week of September. Documents were requested again by SC in Nov. After that no communication yet. They haven't even enquired about the transition plan. My employer is from Manitoba.

raman69

Star Member
Dec 17, 2010
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
MPNP-winnipeg(manitoba), PR Fedral-Ottawa
NOC Code......
6231 NOC-B (Insurance Broker)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9 2014(Mpnp) Feb 9,2015 (Federal PR)
Doc's Request.
Additional documents requested, ask to filled newly separated schedule A for spouse only on Oct 20,2015. Sent by fax and post as well on oct 21,2015
Nomination.....
Nov 30 2014
AOR Received.
XEP-April 24,2015 EP-June 15,2015
File Transfer...
Feb 09,2015
Med's Request
Sep 10,2015
Med's Done....
Sep18,2015 and medical received on ECAS Oct 23,2015
Passport Req..
Feb 3,2016( i was back home, sent an email and asked to changed visa office, got email back, sent passport and got back visa stamped, landed succesfully)
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
since 2010, landed for PR Mar 5,2016(Ottawa Airport)
LMIA EXEMPT

hi every one, my open post gradutaion work permit is getting expire on july 3 2015. i am mpnp nominee and i have applied for PR already but have'nt got file number yet.i have skill level-B job, i understand i need new work permit to maintain my status as worker in canada but i hace certain questions. i hope you guys can help me out

1) do i need to get fill by my employer OFFER OF EMPLOYEMENT TO A FOREIGN NATIONAL EXEMPT FROM A LABOUR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT(LMIA) FORM #IMM 5802?

2) if yes, then which cic address my employer has to send that form to?

3)what will happen once cic will receive that form from my employer?

4) do i have to wait for something kind of confirmation from cic that they have received my form which is sent by my employer?

5) exactly when i can apply my new work permit?

kindly please reply asap

thank you