14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
beholder69 said:
The online option is not working, it's been down for almost 6 months now!
Omg serious? That sucks. I guess my employer must have faxed or posted mine... dammit.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
beholder69 said:
We will prevail!

I am just so glad i found these forums.

Being able to share our problems and stories and to see that other people are going through the exact thing is great! well, its not great, ideally we would all have LMIA's! but still!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:
We will prevail!

I am just so glad i found these forums.

Being able to share our problems and stories and to see that other people are going through the exact thing is great! well, its not great, ideally we would all have LMIA's! but still!
LOL, yeah, at least we got company. :D

And one other reason I love the forum is the typical "hounds of Canada" members that make sure you get a negative rating whenever you post the truth about the constant deterioration of Canada's immigration and work programs, I find it really funny ;D

Yuki0830

Sep 29, 2014
SRS - WEC said:
My employer applied for LMIA on July 09 and got requested additional documents on Aug 07, and got file number on Aug 13.
I'm very anxious to get a positive LMIA.
hi there, may I ask what the position is? what kind of additional documents are?

Yuki0830

Sep 29, 2014
SexualCaastles said:
Ok, here is an update for Ontario, Toronto:

First LM(A)O submitted - April 28th 2014 - Refused June 6th 2014 = Processing time for decision 5 weeks

LM(A)O got scraped for LMIA June 2014 - Probably not a coincidence mine got refused just as the new system was being rolled out ;)

My employer called HRSDC regarding the LMIA application and was told that it takes 25 business days for them to input the application into their system and it will be in the system by 22nd September. My forms were posted 7th August (should have arrived 8th as it was sent recorded) so seemingly it takes a week for them just to open the package and begin the 25 day process (Adding 5 days to the process).

After it has been input into their system they told my employer that it is taking around 8 weeks to reach a decision presently. So I should receive a decision on or around November 17th 2014.

So this means the process takes 14-15 weeks from the date the application is posted through to HRSDC actually reaching a decision.

If anything changes I will provide an update
hi there,
any updated info?

Yuki0830

Sep 29, 2014
prashanthbv said:
Thanks for the information @ SexualCaastles . I am in Toronto, Ontario as well. My employer has also applied on August 7th , same thing. Havent heard anything so far. So i am expecting we both are on the same Boat.

My NOC is 5241 ( 3D Animator) , advertising was not required for my profession as it is exempted as per esdc in BC and ON. Reason, it being a specialized skill.

I will update as well if i have any . Good luck guys
hi there,
I am in Toronto, Ontario as well. My employ has applied for it on Sep.8th and she told me that she hasn't heard anything so far. I am a bit worried about it. and finally i found someone who is also waiting for LMIA. we can share...

Yuki

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Yuki0830 said:
hi there,
I am in Toronto, Ontario as well. My employ has applied for it on Sep.8th and she told me that she hasn't heard anything so far. I am a bit worried about it. and finally i found someone who is also waiting for LMIA. we can share...

Yuki
Processing times varies, it depends on company, province and looks like on lunar phase. I'm on 15th week of waiting now, and my employer got case number only last week.

Yuki0830

Sep 29, 2014
anarsoul said:
Processing times varies, it depends on company, province and looks like on lunar phase. I'm on 15th week of waiting now, and my employer got case number only last week.
15 weeks???!!!OMG...that's quite long and once I get the case number I still need to apply for the work permit. feels never ends...

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
jaybakerca said:
I will let you know any information I find tomorrow!
Any news?

Laraine

Feb 5, 2013
Guys, question: so if you already have a file number, how long do you have to wait to get the lmia? Thank you.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Our application was submitted approx 15 Sept in Alberta and the employer is following up this week to find out if they have it in the system yet as also no file number yet.

Hope it's not 25 days (basically a month in working days) just to get file number then 8 weeks processing.

We had really hoped to have an answer well before Xmas and to for my husband to be over there by December so we can submit a federal skilled trades PR application before everything changes in January to express entry.

Hope to hear some good news stories from everyone on here soon. This waiting is hard :(

Sep 3, 2014
Yuki0830 said:
hi there,
any updated info?
Hey Yuki,

Yes update on page 11 about midway down.. but its bad as opposed good news.

To everyone commenting on if I am serious about that same post, unfortunately yes I am deadly serious. They have absolutely no intention of honouring the application even though it was with them over a month before they released the newer version of the form.
My future employer and I are honestly disgusted with the way this system is being operated. As other people have mentioned the online service has been down since they changed over to LMIA so fax is the fastest way to get the revised application back to them....FAX! Maybe they didn't get the memo about being in 2014, I am surprised they did not request it was hand written in cursive, wax sealed with the company stamp and sent by carrier pigeon or failing that via smoke signal. What respectable business even has a fax machine any more let alone use it with any regularity.

Dealing with the council (Government) in the UK for various construction projects throughout my career I don't know why I held out any hopes of these types of form systems being any less idiotic in Canada. At least if you're a foreign worker that wants to work in the UK you can just go to France and climb in the back of a lorry and when you get to Dover there will be a house for your entire family and a stack of claimable benefits waiting for you until you find a job..if you decide to find a job. ;)

Stay hopeful guys and girls..

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
UPDATE-

Employer spoke to service canada. woman said....

STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT, even though she said she would contact my employer if she didnt get it.

I am really starting to lose faith in this system

She mentioned nothing of these new forms and its now being reviewed by her personally.

This, after saying it would go to the top of the pile 2 weeks ago....who even knows.